I love watching your works develop; re, in addition to your fine brushwork, you have an eye for interesting subjects.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!

Been looking forward to painting these ever since the first blurry photos leaked.

Haven't been able to do much the last couple of days (stupid back), but I made up for that today:-

rpYS1Fv.jpgN2IuFHO.jpg

Finished off her jacket by shading it with 1:1 Dark Green/Scarlett Red, highlighting with 2:1 Dark Green/Ochre Yellow and glazing it with thinned Dark Green.

The trim got a Brown Wash, and then was tidied up with layers of Red Orange and 1:1 Red Orange/Ochre Yellow.

She then got trousers (Iraqi Sand > 2:1 Off-white/Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash), then I did all her body armour (Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze > 1:1 Bronze/Aluminium) with Leather Brown Straps.

Finally, made a start on her helmet. The decoration is the same Bronze scheme as her armour, but the helmet itself is Bonewhite > Brown Wash > Bone White > Sepia Wash.

Still need to do the visor and figure out what to do with her mouth (it's rather miscast, so I don't know if I should try to paint it as skin, or pretend she's got a scarf pulled over it.)

• Like 16

Progress:-

XryTfgI.jpg

Painted her visor (Night Blue > 1:1 Night Blue/Off-white), then I painted her mouth area Stone Grey with a couple brushtipfuls of Pure Black and gave it a Black Wash.

Don't think it did much to disguise her missing mouth, but hopefully when I paint her hands my eyes will stop seeing her as some weird grey alien.

• Like 15

Thanks!

She gives me Buck Rogers vibes (I think that's the right old sci-fi series).

t1Go34z.jpgb0JMwq5.jpg

Painted her hair (Hexed Lichen > 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Off-white > Black Wash), and her belt and boots (1:1 Brown Leather/Scarlett Red > 1:1:1 Brown Leather/Scarlett Red/Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash. Plus Brassy Brass decorations and 1:1:1 Brown Leather/Scarlett Red/Pure Black for the void in her holster and boot soles).

psNSgiA.jpg8yZqMSs.jpg

Painted her guns (2:1 Stone Grey/Pure Black drybrushed with Stone Grey and given a Black Wash plus Brassy Brass decorations) and did her grenade and backpack generator in Oily Steel (Plus a Vermillion button on the grenade).

• Like 16

Fd9mCKP.jpgjtegSr3.jpg

Added a Sky Blue light to her generator, and then finally painted her hands (1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin > 1:1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin/Light Skin).

Then it was just the base to do (Cork Brown > Iraqi Sand Drybrush > Bonewhite Drybrush > Sepia Wash with Brown/Orange grass) and she's done:-

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83098-ensign-roxy-hotshot-malone/

• Like 13

Thanks!

Finally rolled a 4, so more Starstriders:-

AmZSQFO.jpg

Working on Dr. Helen Matronic, medical officer!

So far I've done her skin (1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin > 1:1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin/Light Skin) and lips (1:1:1:1 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Hexed Lichen).

• Like 14

62M1ViL.jpgYjXVioI.jpg

Painted her fancy helmet thing.

The Oily Steel parts are done, the Bronze parts need highlighting as does her big Magic Blue lens.

• Like 12