Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

The Starstriders!

Recommended Posts

More progress:-

 

Ca9azWX.jpg93nrkXE.jpg

 

Finished her helmet.

Started on her tunic, it's a base of Sky Blue, shaded with 1:2 Magic Blue/Sky Blue, highlighted with 1:1 Ghost Grey/Sky Blue and glazed with lots of Sky Blue.

 

I'll try and get the trim done tomorrow.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more progress:-

 

OkDtMbS.jpg2yQXm8r.jpg

 

Painted her tunic trim (Scarlett Red > Brown Wash > 1:2 Scarlett Red/Orange Fire with Bronze buttons).

 

As much as I love these animal insignia designs all the Starstrider uniforms have, they are a nightmare to paint, so much re-touching where I went over the lines.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

 

Finally made a bit more progress:-

 

NBvIbCr.jpg

 

Did her boots and straps (Red Leather > Brown Wash > Red Leather > 2:1 Red Leather/Iraqi Sand with Bronze decorations).

 

Still need to paint her pistol to get her belt finished (the vials are getting done when I paint the matching ones on her doctors briefcase).

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Liverpuncher said:

These are great! Who manufacturers these miniatures?

 

They're from Games Workshop, they're part of their Rouge Trader Kill Team Expansion.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Progress:-

 

cgudsX7.jpgdxOCQVQ.jpg

 

Painted her shoulder-pad (Brassy Brass > Brown Wash > Brassy Brass > Polished Gold) with mounted light (Oily Steel with a Pale Yellow light).

 

Also painted her scary Doctors Glove (mostly the same colours as the shoulder-pad, but with Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand glove bits and Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Off-white in the syringe).

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found some piccys on my camera today:-

 

8kBso2J.jpgHzk2IgG.jpg

 

This was as far as I got before I had a bit of a meltdown and had to stop painting for a bit.

Since it's been a month, I can't remember what colours I used.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks all very good!!! Very clean, good highlighting, colourscheme works, but if I may make a suggestion: What works great is to repeat a colour of the colourscheme at least two times or three times again at the mini. The more colours you use, the more complicated it becomes to follow this rule. In general green, orange and purple is always a striking combination and I like it, but I have no idea where else you could repeat the purple, the orange and the green. If you consider this before starting you can create colourschemes where all colours are well connected to each other which gives the impression of harmony. This info is from Colour Theory. I`m quite curious on the developement here. I definitely like what I see. ::D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 11:30 AM, vhaidra said:

This looks all very good!!! Very clean, good highlighting, colourscheme works, but if I may make a suggestion: What works great is to repeat a colour of the colourscheme at least two times or three times again at the mini. The more colours you use, the more complicated it becomes to follow this rule. In general green, orange and purple is always a striking combination and I like it, but I have no idea where else you could repeat the purple, the orange and the green. If you consider this before starting you can create colourschemes where all colours are well connected to each other which gives the impression of harmony. This info is from Colour Theory. I`m quite curious on the developement here. I definitely like what I see. ::D:

 

Thanks for the input!

For some reason I don't like to repeat colours, even on rather busy minis like the doctor here.

It doesn't help that I don't really plan out my colour schemes in advance, I tend to just have one or two main colours in mind plus certain elements I always paint the same (like electric cables, they're always red, blue and green).

 

 

Progress:-

 

moHwZiy.jpg

 

Bubblegum Nurgling!

 

Based in Squid Pink, given a Flesh Wash, then highlighted with Squid Pink and 1:1 Squid Pink/Light Flesh.

It then got Light Green eyes, Bonewhite horn and teeth and a (Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Light Flesh) tongue.

 

Just got to rediscover my Alien Planet basing scheme and she's done.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good progress!

 

*** Awww..Another one of those on my shoes!!!!***

*** Scrapes shoes off on the edge of the sidewalk, squeaking sounds are heard***

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks for the input!

For some reason I don't like to repeat colours, even on rather busy minis like the doctor here.

It doesn't help that I don't really plan out my colour schemes in advance, I tend to just have one or two main colours in mind plus certain elements I always paint the same (like electric cables, they're always red, blue and green).

 

Ah okay. No problem, that was just a suggestion.

 

Concerning the progress: Yep looks good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again I think you could do some more shading and using lining and so on for better definition, but ... haha - I cannot remember where we started, so I don't know what kind of advice I gave you already and how you answered.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys!

 

21 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Once again I think you could do some more shading and using lining and so on for better definition, but ... haha - I cannot remember where we started, so I don't know what kind of advice I gave you already and how you answered.

 

Last time you were encouraging me to improve the contrast on my capes (and I am trying).

I agree with you about lining, it's something I should try, just got to get over my fear of painting the lines too thick.

 

Doctor's finished:-

 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86370-dr-helen-matronic-field-medic/

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By saucermenstudios
      We just launched our first kickstarter for 3D printable, scifi terrain - It funded in two hours and stretch goals are being unlocked fast!
       
      The set features a modular setup and has a variety of upgrades and accessories.
       
      You can see more at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/ordus-station
       
       









    • By aku-chan
      Presenting the Ogre Tyrant by Games Workshop, he is very heavily armed.
       
      This one took a while, it's very much one of those minis where the more you work on it, the more details you find.
      I am very pleased with how he turned out though.
       
      As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By lazarp
      This is my version of a Games workshop Aragorn. I didn't want to paint him as Aragorn since I have two of these same minis so I decide to go for a purple skinned, white haired drow ranger.  I'm going to use him as a swordsman named Vigo in my Rangers of Shadowdeep games.
      This mini was a blast to paint, I like how the highlights turned out. Thanks for looking!
       

       
      Unpainted mini:

       
    • By MusicalFeline
      Here you go, folks, my second of the four Warhammer warbands I've got (Here's the first). When I first started painting these, I was a bit worried about them looking just like a blob of gold, but I must say, I'm quite pleased with how the colors look. And that bird... That bird is my favorite. I tried speckling its breast and around its neck, but it just looks blotchy. Oh well. 
       





    • By MusicalFeline
      So, a coworker and fellow painter gave me a bunch of unwanted Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire minis, so uh... Guess that's mostly what you guys will be seeing from me in the near future!
       
      As I'm just naturally inclined to orcs, and these guys look absolutely awesome, I painted Ironskull's Boyz first. Also, finally got my hands on some premade washes, so I ditched homemade watered down paints on these. Personally, I think it made 'em look pretty good!


      The number of ants that tried to photobomb this shot was ridiculous.
       
       
      The lighting on the individual shots was being weird, so sorry if some are darker and other lighter!




  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...