Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

The Starstriders!

More progress:-

Ca9azWX.jpg93nrkXE.jpg

Finished her helmet.

Started on her tunic, it's a base of Sky Blue, shaded with 1:2 Magic Blue/Sky Blue, highlighted with 1:1 Ghost Grey/Sky Blue and glazed with lots of Sky Blue.

I'll try and get the trim done tomorrow.

• Like 14

Even more progress:-

OkDtMbS.jpg2yQXm8r.jpg

Painted her tunic trim (Scarlett Red > Brown Wash > 1:2 Scarlett Red/Orange Fire with Bronze buttons).

As much as I love these animal insignia designs all the Starstrider uniforms have, they are a nightmare to paint, so much re-touching where I went over the lines.

• Like 11

Thanks!

Finally made a bit more progress:-

NBvIbCr.jpg

Did her boots and straps (Red Leather > Brown Wash > Red Leather > 2:1 Red Leather/Iraqi Sand with Bronze decorations).

Still need to paint her pistol to get her belt finished (the vials are getting done when I paint the matching ones on her doctors briefcase).

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Liverpuncher said:

These are great! Who manufacturers these miniatures?

They're from Games Workshop, they're part of their Rouge Trader Kill Team Expansion.

• Like 7

Progress:-

cgudsX7.jpgdxOCQVQ.jpg

Painted her shoulder-pad (Brassy Brass > Brown Wash > Brassy Brass > Polished Gold) with mounted light (Oily Steel with a Pale Yellow light).

Also painted her scary Doctors Glove (mostly the same colours as the shoulder-pad, but with Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand glove bits and Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Off-white in the syringe).

• Like 10

Found some piccys on my camera today:-

8kBso2J.jpgHzk2IgG.jpg

This was as far as I got before I had a bit of a meltdown and had to stop painting for a bit.

Since it's been a month, I can't remember what colours I used.

• Like 9

This looks all very good!!! Very clean, good highlighting, colourscheme works, but if I may make a suggestion: What works great is to repeat a colour of the colourscheme at least two times or three times again at the mini. The more colours you use, the more complicated it becomes to follow this rule. In general green, orange and purple is always a striking combination and I like it, but I have no idea where else you could repeat the purple, the orange and the green. If you consider this before starting you can create colourschemes where all colours are well connected to each other which gives the impression of harmony. This info is from Colour Theory. I`m quite curious on the developement here. I definitely like what I see. ::D:

On 5/16/2019 at 11:30 AM, vhaidra said:

This looks all very good!!! Very clean, good highlighting, colourscheme works, but if I may make a suggestion: What works great is to repeat a colour of the colourscheme at least two times or three times again at the mini. The more colours you use, the more complicated it becomes to follow this rule. In general green, orange and purple is always a striking combination and I like it, but I have no idea where else you could repeat the purple, the orange and the green. If you consider this before starting you can create colourschemes where all colours are well connected to each other which gives the impression of harmony. This info is from Colour Theory. I`m quite curious on the developement here. I definitely like what I see. ::D:

Thanks for the input!

For some reason I don't like to repeat colours, even on rather busy minis like the doctor here.

It doesn't help that I don't really plan out my colour schemes in advance, I tend to just have one or two main colours in mind plus certain elements I always paint the same (like electric cables, they're always red, blue and green).

Progress:-

moHwZiy.jpg

Bubblegum Nurgling!

Based in Squid Pink, given a Flesh Wash, then highlighted with Squid Pink and 1:1 Squid Pink/Light Flesh.

It then got Light Green eyes, Bonewhite horn and teeth and a (Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Light Flesh) tongue.

Just got to rediscover my Alien Planet basing scheme and she's done.

• Like 9

Good progress!

*** Awww..Another one of those on my shoes!!!!***

*** Scrapes shoes off on the edge of the sidewalk, squeaking sounds are heard***

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks for the input!

For some reason I don't like to repeat colours, even on rather busy minis like the doctor here.

It doesn't help that I don't really plan out my colour schemes in advance, I tend to just have one or two main colours in mind plus certain elements I always paint the same (like electric cables, they're always red, blue and green).

Ah okay. No problem, that was just a suggestion.

Concerning the progress: Yep looks good.

• Thanks 1

Once again I think you could do some more shading and using lining and so on for better definition, but ... haha - I cannot remember where we started, so I don't know what kind of advice I gave you already and how you answered.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

21 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Once again I think you could do some more shading and using lining and so on for better definition, but ... haha - I cannot remember where we started, so I don't know what kind of advice I gave you already and how you answered.

Last time you were encouraging me to improve the contrast on my capes (and I am trying).

I agree with you about lining, it's something I should try, just got to get over my fear of painting the lines too thick.

Doctor's finished:-

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86370-dr-helen-matronic-field-medic/

• Like 5