• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      Working on my Reapercon piece.. still trying to get the skin tone highlights right.  Probably need to thin my paints more..

Paints used:

Skin:
      Scale 75 Inktensity Olive
      Vallejo Red Leather + 9025 Burgundy wine
      9305 Tarnished Copper
      Vallejo Red Leather
      Vallejo Red Leather + 9306 New copper
      9686 Gothic Crimson

Hair:
      29843 HD Solid black
      9137 Blackened Brown

Leather:
      Scale 75 Inktensity Chestnut
      Scale 75 Inktensity Wood
      9670 Pumpkin Orange
      Vallejo transparent orange
      Liquitex Burnt Umber Ink
      Liquitex Raw Sienna Ink
      Liquitex Burnt Sienna Ink

• By Rigel
      It is written in the Book of Rites that jade is more precious and nobler than gemstones. Confucius said to Zi Gong that 'nowhere would people not cherish jade, because they respect and admire virtue.' This is wisdom. 
      And is it not also written by sages of later days that "It's not easy being green"?  
      Point is, this Foo Dog was not easy to paint, but I think it's worth it. Took advice from http://theminiaturespage.com/workbench/149837/ on how to get the semi-translucent effects. I don't think I succeeded as well as Zaphod there did, but there are a lot of little fiddly curlicues on the mane. And a good layer of 'Ardcoat also helps. 

Appearing with the Foo Dog is one of Bombshell's Sidekicks: Ping the Panda. Bamboo can be used for smacking as well as snacking. 

And here's some more Ping:

• By Rigel
      A lovely sculpt from Bombshell, Mi-Sher is billed as a Mongolian princess. I had a lot of fun with her dress.

This post seems as good as any for a pair of Chinese Pirates I got years ago from Eureka. They both have a pudao or glaive. They were among my first forays into freehand back in the day--the one with the hat has a silver loong dragon on his back, and the hatless one, a crane. 

• By Rigel
      "Greetings. I hear tell. As some of you in this town. Fancy yourselves Tinkerers."

Robots in hats are always great. And I've done enough shiny new 'bots for a while. So here's a rusty bucket-of-bolts in a battered bowler! Tried to make any remaining paint look battered and chipped.

Also, here is M4R1A, clearly a Metropolis reference. But I got an idea in my head and made her into a clockwork angel with watch-part wings and a double halo of glory. 

Guest appearances by 91002, Hellstromme, 80031, Decker Lugstampf, and 59009, Mad Scientist (Female), who have already gotten their own Weird West posts elsewhere. 
    • By Rigel
      A curvier, svelter version of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bombshell's Gillie is a natural stand-in for a gender-flipped Abe Sapien. A good partner for the Heckfella I painted a while ago. She's been mostly done for a few weeks; just took the photos today. 

Flash photography:

No flash:

Now I just have to figure out how to kitbash a Johann Kraus...maybe Reaper's Deep Sea Diver plus half a pill capsule with a wisp of cotton wool inside?
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)