Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Bombshell 10007, Vivian Gale, Aquanaut

Here's another fearless deep-sea explorer, Bombshell's Vivian Gale! I probably could have given her better eyes, but it'll do for now. 

Blue reindeer moss is great for undersea coral. 

DSCN4433.JPG

DSCN4436.JPG

DSCN4438.JPG

DSCN4439.JPG

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

Nice touch with the poka dot kercheif! You are always so imaginative!

Thanks! Bombshell has a good dieselpunk flavor to a lot of their sculpts, so evoking a Rosie-like character seemed natural. She Can Do It! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By Argentee
      Well my sister loves Pandas and was mad I wouldn't give her the one I entered at Reapercon. So I painted a second one up for her birthday in purple, her favorite color. 

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      Not sure what her proper title is, considering there are something like 6 different maelee minis. I will be painting her up as Ashriel 'Ashes', one of my favorite personal characters. She's been cleaned up now. Going to try to paint her up to the best of my ability.

Critic and criticism very much desired during this thread. Please don't spare my feelings on her.

This year's Certificate after last year's bronze at reapercon has me frustrated and I need to get a Silver next year (a gold would be amazing, but I don't think my abilities will be refined enough to have 0 mistakes).

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      So I decided I needed a Bombshell Dog tag. So I went and dug out the only Bombshell model in my collection - the Morihalda bust. Getting her ready for reapercon will be a challenge, but after tonight, I think I'm up for it.

I'm really happy with her skin on her face and chest. Not sure what to do about the furry ears, though.

• By SamuraiJack
      Working on my Reapercon piece.. still trying to get the skin tone highlights right.  Probably need to thin my paints more..

Paints used:

Skin:
      Scale 75 Inktensity Olive
      Vallejo Red Leather + 9025 Burgundy wine
      9305 Tarnished Copper
      Vallejo Red Leather
      Vallejo Red Leather + 9306 New copper
      9686 Gothic Crimson

Hair:
      29843 HD Solid black
      9137 Blackened Brown

Leather:
      Scale 75 Inktensity Chestnut
      Scale 75 Inktensity Wood
      9670 Pumpkin Orange
      Vallejo transparent orange
      Liquitex Burnt Umber Ink
      Liquitex Raw Sienna Ink
      Liquitex Burnt Sienna Ink

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 207 Guests (See full list)