TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

32 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

It's nearly 11am CST so I'm going to go ahead and ask today's question on @TaleSpinner's behalf:

Oct 2: If you didn't ever have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

This would only be useful if you were unique in this ability.  If humanity didn't sleep we'd just have 16 hour workdays or some such BS.  On the other hand, if you were unique in this ability, I imagine that might be difficult for your spouse or S.O. to come to terms with.  Plus, unless you're a total sociopath, you'd still be somewhat constrained by everyone else's schedule--the neighbors probably wouldn't appreciate power tool use at 2 am, and most of your friends will still have regular work hours, for example.  If you don't have to sleep, do you still get tired?  Can you get worn out from work or exercise to a point where you can't or won't do anything else?

All that said, I'd probably do more cooking, painting/crafting, and exercise.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Beat myself up over not using that extra time better. <_<

Oh, and develop RSIs from the useless stuff I did do.

Because I'm just that awesome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

It's nearly 11am CST so I'm going to go ahead and ask today's question on @TaleSpinner's behalf:

God that would be awful. I could finish all the miniatures I have in The Vault. Of course , completing the last of them would mean I would die , but then again, that would be just fine; re,

being constantly conscious would be the absolute pits. Never having the peaceful moments of slumber, never escaping reality is a horrid fate.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Citrine said:

My favorite soups are potato soup and tomato soup with noodles and hard boiled egg. 

I can no longer eat canned soup, since I found out I have both lactose,  fructose intolerance (no onions or garlic) ::(:, plus there is also a slew of other things causing havoc with my system. 

Allergies suck, doubly so ones that a good portion of prepared foods are chock full of... 

I think I have an idea or two, but since one wouldn't get tired because I'm interpreting it that way... 

7 Day Goblin Painting Challenge would definitely feel like you had a lot more time to work with! 

And yes, I'd seriously consider a 7 Day Goblin painting challenge if I had that ability - I'm planning on doing one without that ability! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously I would waste it and not be productive.

I don't blame sleep on my procrastinating habits. So I'd be *not* doing activities 24/7.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Thanks Guindy.  I came in to a mess at work this morning and forgot all about it.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'd seriously consider a 7 Day Goblin painting challenge if I had that ability - I'm planning on doing one without that ability! 

^This! My current work schedule means every moment I have to spend on painting is precious. With the extra time, I may find the motivation to attempt more ambitious projects.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But what if I just wanted to sleep? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Probably waste even more time watching movies and wonder why I didn't accomplish anything constructive.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Probably 6-9 hours more of the things I do already, which includes quite a lot of time wastage.

If I was unique in this ability, it would really benefit my ability to absorb extra work when I have to.

I would probably try to break up my work day into a "normal" work day during the day, and then tack on an extra shift during the night, as-needed. This would be a nice bonus, because I would no longer have to work late when overloaded. I could go home at a normal time, spend some leisure time alone, or with people, and still have a lot of extra time to tap into to get things done.

I'd look positively brilliant if I kept it a secret from my coworkers! ::D:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Idealistically: spend it painting and cleaning

Realistically: catch up on my Netflix list

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@TaleSpinner

What I should do: learn/clean all the things

What I would do: learn some of the things then space out because I need the mental downtime. Actually this sounds kind of like a curse.

• Like 3

I'd form a queercore punk band.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

In Spring and Summer enjoy the glorious countryside that I am lucky enough to live in.

During Autumn try to get some extra painting done.

In Winter I'd go to bed anyway, as it's such a comfortable place to be.

• Like 4