Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 18:  The world is too negative lately; post something positive to make us smile today.

Today is my last day of work before a long weekend to travel with my wife to visit old friends and see Florence + The Machine in concert!  Of course, we'll be playing a ton of D&D while we're up!  The only thing slightly negative is that we won't be bringing our dog (seen here playing with a baseball he found at a park) with, but he'll be with his friends, so it's OK.

20180701_125159.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 18:  The world is too negative lately; post something positive to make us smile today.

I'm sorry.  All I've got right now is a picture of ducks taken in San Antonio last year with my phone:

ducks-20170809.jpg.f06038cf8b29859e46e20696a3f190b9.jpg

Or, if you haven't read @Dr.Bedlam's story on Facebook "Beneath Her Mighty Wings" (about students and people with wings), go read that.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

OK, If we’re doing pictures...this was spotted a few days ago, before the monsoon hit:

97524C6B-182A-440F-B444-3EDAE52279A2.thumb.jpeg.6b33a5251e8a36102864ef8c00372607.jpeg

Ghosts Dancing on Someone’s Lawn

Edited by TGP
No idea what’s up with the spiders...they are not Purple and Teal; they are Purple, Black, and Green.
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

FD0A0F61-547D-443B-B5BA-F7E09F076CD4.thumb.png.b027017764d4dfdb65b853fd4a019864.png

See those Chessmen. ^ I designed them. I also did the knigget-in-the-corner. (He flips from white to black depending on whose turn it is.) Anyway, the positive thing is my artwork is featured in an app! that is live and available in an App Store. The app was released earlier this year.  (I would link to it but ... sorry, not allowed.)

Other details: The name of it is Chessagon™️ and the White pieces (mine) went on to win that game. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

My plan of diabolical goodness has finally taken effect; @PaganMegan finally received the Mysterious Package that I sent @TheAuldGrump, a Nolzur's beholder! Happy belated anniversary, you two!

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Just a few things I saw on the internet today that made me smile.

animal friendships are more pure than anything on earth photos 2 Animal friendships are more pure than anything on earth (27 Photos)

animal friendships are more pure than anything on earth photos 20 Animal friendships are more pure than anything on earth (27 Photos)

This last one reminds me so much of my daughter 

world full good people humanity kindness 38 The world is full of Good, and we all need reminding now and then (45 Photos)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Good things about today: the 'new' shop vac that my mom got at an auction, then sat in her garage for a while, then sat in my garage for a while, works!; the migraine that kept me from using it has gone; I am about to head out to do some much needed laundry and I will start some soup before I go so there will be tasty dinner ready when I get back. 

• Like 10

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Pictures?! If we're doing pictures, I'm suggesting baby bat burritos and baby goats in sweaters.

Related image

Image may contain: outdoor

AHHHHHHH. :wub:

If we're doing life news, the brain weasels have been especially bitey this week but leave just as fast as they arrive. I am very thankful for this. I've been fighting especially hard all year, y'all. I want to stick around. I want to make art!

We went to the beach last weekend and I got to look at stars and birds and fish, we even saw a jellyfish and a porpoise! <3 

Tonight: I played Guild Wars 2 with some of my favorite guildies.

Friday: my lovely husband is running a new 5e game for us on a snazzy mat from @Clearman! Thank you! My brother-in-law even wants to paint with us for a little bit before the game. He's so awesome.

Saturday: we're driving down to see @Rainbow Sculptor and @emmagine for tabletop and party game fun times! 

A very packed weekend with fun folks. I'm going to be all peopled out by Sunday! :lol:

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

I want to stick around. I want to make art!

And we like it :wub: when you make art. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

IMG_1900.JPG.e1a3919ae3252a2365a243db9d080aea.JPG

And now the jingle for Hungry! Hungry! Hippos is trying to dredge itself out of memory and get stuck in my head...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I saved this one to post a day late (for the daily question), but today's the day that Lady Klarg and I officially, literally, and figuratively, tie the knot. :bday:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Oct 19-21: Weekend Quest (brought to you by TGP)

Which fictional Earth would you most want to live on?

The rules:

1. Whatever day and year it is in the real world. That's the date in the fictional world.
  2. It has to be Earth-like. You cannot go to Westeros. 
  3. You are the same person. You have the same job. You have the same post count on the forums. You have the option to move to a very similar place to where you live. You can move from a big American city to a fictional city based on an supposedly archetypal American city.
  4. You don't get super powers. If you are in the Harry Potter universe you are a Muggle. If you are in the Marvel universe you don't get to be a mutant or Inhuman.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 19-21: Weekend Quest (brought to you by TGP)

Which fictional Earth would you most want to live on?

The rules:

1. Whatever day and year it is in the real world. That's the date in the fictional world.
  2. It has to be Earth-like. You cannot go to Westeros. 
  3. You are the same person. You have the same job. You have the same post count on the forums. You have the option to move to a very similar place to where you live. You can move from a big American city to a fictional city based on an supposedly archetypal American city.
  4. You don't get super powers. If you are in the Harry Potter universe you are a Muggle. If you are in the Marvel universe you don't get to be a mutant or Inhuman.

Eh. Definitely not Panam.

• Haha 6