Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

Hows about a fictional Earth where dogs live twice as long and they can talk* a little? But they still like people.  

(*Like Astro, only not always so goofy.)

If Brutus could age with me and stay with me till the end, I would love that.

And if he could talk a little, well could be fun, although I'm afraid it will be sometime like this all day long:

Wanna play? Huh? huh? Play?

Can I have a treat?

Play?

Wanna? Play?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

If Brutus could age with me and stay with me till the end, I would love that.

And if he could talk a little, well could be fun, although I'm afraid it will be sometime like this all day long:

Wanna play? Huh? huh? Play?

Can I have a treat?

Play?

Wanna? Play?

image.png.5e13276888051657ec13af6a56ec9e97.png

image.png.ba756cf8979c29d801f2aaf1dad55e2a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.png.5e13276888051657ec13af6a56ec9e97.png

image.png.ba756cf8979c29d801f2aaf1dad55e2a.png

Doubled lifespan? I'd take "SQUIRREL" and "go for a walk?" constantly in exchange in a heartbeat. 

• Like 7

On 10/19/2018 at 5:57 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

One that's exactly like this one, but where they sell a cured meat called Reaperoni. Or a pasta called Reaperoni. I'd be fine with either. Or both.

Years ago, I used to think that it'd be cool if they actually made Ral Pasta... Shaped like dragons and giants and other iconic monsters... :bday:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Years ago, I used to think that it'd be cool if they actually made Ral Pasta... Shaped like dragons and giants and other iconic monsters... :bday:

That would be cool!

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 2:05 PM, TGP said:

In my defense @TaleSpinner had every chance to tweak the qualifiers. 

In my defense, I was on vacation and almost forgot about the question all together, so...

Fine, lift all restrictions and go for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Fine, lift all restrictions and go for it!

*coughs* Redacted *coughs again*

Let's say it's a peaceful, sort of scifi world, but LOTS OF REDACTED, because who needs VR or full immersion suits when....  Fantasy meets scifi becomes real, and since it's a magical dream land, magic and technology not only co-exist, but also thrive together.  And it's peaceful.  

Alternate semi-redacted: Raver's paradise, where the djs have the power to actually take you on a journey.  Not just with music, and an enjoyable mix, but... Like the power to turn the dancefloor into like... I dunno, from club into middle of the mountains New Zealand spring or something.  BUT NO HOBBITON.  JUST REGULAR NEW ZEALAND. :P :P :P

• Like 2

Now that the restrictions are lifted, I'll change my answer to the Lovecraft Mythos universe in 1947. 

Yes, I'm serious. 

First of all, Culthuhu would actually be less of a threat then if I chose to hop over in the current year. The stars are about 20 years past being "right", so he's just now entering rem sleep, and the technology doesn't yet exist that would result in humanity accidentally poking him into wakefulness. No undersea drones or deep diving submersibles or such. If the atomic bomb didn't wake him, everything's golden. (if it did I just nope on out back here)

I'm currently in a landlocked area, so Deep Ones aren't an issue and while Illinois does contain it's share of weirdness, it's a weirdness I'm already familiar with and more or less know how to sidestep. I'd still most likely be locked in my war with Mothman, but this time the warding siguls will actually work!

An added bonus is that in 1947 it was much much easier than now to assume a new identity, so blending into society would be a great deal easier. (also if I transfer over in the current year I run the risk of encountering alternate me. Paradox isn't so much the issue as the thorniness of navigating everyday life with someone else as your clone. Sooner or later word spreads someone puts it online and next thing you know both you and the alternate are "guests" in a government lab somewhere as "things which ought not be")

Also, with well paid factory work being plentiful at that time, I could manage to acculmulate enough funds for what will come in the 60s. In a Lovecraftian universe, experimentation and widespread use of lsd does not seem like something that will lead to pleasant things and the spiritual seeking that was popular then will likely lead towards darker places than it did in our world. Imagine what Charlie Manson might have wrought if something was actually aiding him....

Anyway, given time and money enough to prepare, a fortified well stocked position is achievable, so that when the 60s hit I'm ready. While never expressly stated in his works, I'm sure that in the Lovecraftian Universe NIU has a couple of dire tomes in it's library and that access to them isn't as stringent as it would be at Miskatonic. So bulking up on weird knowledge wouldn't be a problem. As to losing sanity points, that may not be too much of an issue as most who know me consider me slightly mad anyway, which is probably a decent defense against eldrich knowings.

So why the Lovecraft Universe vs others in similar timeframe?

Because in it if one calls something out of the sky to eat someone, that someone gets eaten.

There's no major point of divergence in his writings from our own history, so as long as ww2 only has minor mythos outbreaks, my knowledge of our history is applicable and I know exactly who needs to get eaten to produce the end I'll be working towards.

If it goes according to plan, the Vietnam War never happens.

This is where I can also start having fun with the removal of the restrictions on the Weekend Question. If I can pull this off in the Lovecraftian Universe and travel between it and our universe remains possible, then the same methods could work here as well. (send the sky things through the portal and if they still can exist on our side, they can eat the same people again and repeat the results.) Of course if I manage to prevent Vietnam, my knowledge of recent history becomes useless, as more things change from that than I can go into without entering Beekeepers, but as long as I stay on the Lovecraft side, follow up meals for the sky things would be able to clear up any unintended side effects of my twisting the multiverse like a kitten with a ball of yarn. At least until 1990 where old age catches up with me, so after that point you're on your own. 

• Like 6

All restrictions are off?

Welcome to Earth 2.1 ruled by WOOF!

*** Sits back in comfy chair, folds paws ***

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

All restrictions are off?

Welcome to Earth 2.1 ruled by WOOF!

*** Sits back in comfy chair, folds paws ***

...And its Inquisition of Talking Dogs ?? :lol:

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, TGP said: