Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 23: What kind of electronics do you use daily?

Electronics:

Go-Go-Gadget mobile phone. 

Dim-as-a-post Clock radio. 

16:9 Format Television. 

Used daily, but I count as Appliances:

Microwave oven. 

Refrigerator. 

Water heater. 

HVAC system. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Air filter

humidifier/dehumidifier

weather station

PC

cell phone (MotoG6)

camera

Kindle

LED lamps

toaster

stove/oven

fridge

vegetable steamer

sewing machine

iron

TV/DVR

automobile

cash register

• Like 4

On 10/22/2018 at 7:19 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 22: What is the most difficult encounter you have ever faced in a game?

Hard to say at this point, given the number I've played.  There were some NES games that I never finished growing up because I couldn't beat a boss.  Now that I'm older I could probably memorize attack patterns, but I didn't have the patience then.

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

In the strictest sense, there is no single electronic device that I've used every day this year.  Sure I've always been someplace with a lightbulb, but not the same lightbulbs.

Most days though I use a work PC or my PC, but neither when I'm out and about.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab that gets used frequently, but not daily. 

Also, a Samsung Galaxy J7 that is basically interchangeable with the tablet.  Even combined it doesn't work out to daily though.

Aside from that I have your standard assortment of electronics such as a TV, receiver, radio, 4K player, Switch, Playstation... that don't necessarily even get used weekly.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Assuming daily is weekdays: Computer, cel phone, analog modem, 3d printer, printer/copier, calculator, VOIP phone, weather station, AVR programmer, EEPROM programmer, car wash teller(s), television, microwave. 

• Like 3

On 10/19/2018 at 1:26 AM, TGP said:

And we like it :wub: when you make art. 

You all are so good! Y'all seriously encourage me. :wub:

On 10/22/2018 at 7:19 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 22: What is the most difficult encounter you have ever faced in a game?

I know you probably mean board games or video games that were mechanically challenging or disastrous, but honestly, my most difficult encounter was last night.

My husband wanted me to play WoW with him (he loves the economy because he can make gold in that game and buy us other blizzard stuff with it). So I logged into an account that hadn't seen the light of day in 6 years, and was shocked to see a character name. Lexosceles. 

I've mentioned that character before here. She was the first character I ever made, and she was very much me when I was in grade school. Very quiet and alone. I used her in nearly every game for 10 years, tabletop and PC. I had used her as a coping mechanism before creating Morihalda a few years ago. I mindfully made the change that I wanted to be better, different. Mori is positive and kind, and has many traits that I wish to emulate.

So. I took my favorite pet, Kalliste, and released her where I found her so many years ago, near a waterfall in Grizzly Hills with the other bears.

And then I deleted Lex.

And then I cried a lot.

1752994133_102218GoodbyeLexandKalliste.thumb.jpg.93aa064719048c433f87797e475cd588.jpg

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I have a Moto E4. It's a phone. It works. It was also just a few hundred bucks up front for both of our phones and being done for the year haha!

I frequently wish I had a good camera. For minis, birds, hiking, my cats, the sky.... One day! Maybe a new camera phone next year.

We haven't had to use the AC with the cool winds coming in. It's been excellent!

We're saving up to get me a little tablet that lets me use OneNote and GooglePlay so I can actually see my references! So that will be a near-daily thing one day! :D 

I also use my scratch built gaming computer almost daily. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 24: How would you describe yourself in one sentence?

I'm terrible at describing myself as I'd use not only one huge rambling run on sentence for such, but I'd probably somehow feel it wasn't a very good descriptor due to being easily distracted at times, chock full of energy (especially if it's something I can easily get passionate about), and even occasionally containing its own kind of interesting madness that's only found within the likes of a randomness thread, and it would probably go on and on and on and be so full of words that it's more like a two paragraph answer when all you were expecting was a yes or no answer.... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I am a Crazy Old Man. That sums it up nicely.

Becoming a Crazy Old Man has been my life's ambition. It is deeply satisfying to have attained my goal.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Putting aside my glib answers ("I'm just a guy, y'know?" and "I'm in IT and I fix things."), I'll go with:  I'm an eccentric and occasionally brilliant sysadmin with a desire to experience and tell stories.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Klarg1 is a technologist, engineer, and all around nerd, with artist aspirations.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tall.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Lazy and ambitious, confident and self-doubtful, sooooper judgemental and compassionate, neat freak in a messy house, and has long red hair.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2