TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 29  What are 3 or 4 things on your NNNL (Nope, Nope, Never, List)?

(Note: I am shamelessly stealing this from TGP who was offering it up for Glitterwolf next month, since GW says he already has a full list and I'm almost out of questions.  Sorry GW.)

While my Not Interested list is pretty long, Never is pretty definite.  I mean, I have no interest in jumping from a speeding car but some day I might have a good reason to do so.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

(Note: I am shamelessly stealing this from TGP who was offering it up for Glitterwolf next month, since GW says he already has a full list and I'm almost out of questions.  Sorry GW.)

1. Go shopping in the madness that is the pre Christmas frenzy. I don't handle crowds or enlcosed spaces well at all. Probably because I got separated from my parents on the London Underground when I was about 7. I just do all of my festive shopping online instead.

2.Give up having a pet, I cannot remember a time in my life when there wasn't at least one cat or mixed pack of cats and dogs in my life.

3. Go back to eating meat. I went veggie when I was 12 and I still occasionally get asked if it's just a phase :blink:

4. Give up trying to master NMM, I'll figure it out someday......mind you, I was saying that 2 years ago ::P:

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

• Never swim in the open sea where the big carnivorous fish live..( I will stay close to the beach thank you).

You do know that most attacks occur in about 3 feet of water, really close to the shore, right? :poke:

8 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

3: Eat tofu. Those are baby Gelatinous Cubes and not something I want to bear a grudge against me for eating it's young. I also don't want it's young eating their way out of me!

I know I'm supposed to defend it, but I can't stand tofu- the mouthfeel just turns my stomach ::(:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Grow up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Wrestle a T-Rex. 43 times is enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Never Say Never Again.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Nope: eat guacamole. So gross.

Nope: allow family to walk all over me.

Never: willingly relinquish my Hubby. He's mine and I'm keeping him forever! 

• Like 6

Oct 30:  Many real Earth cultures have influenced fantasy art, literature, and games; what is your favorite culture to paint, read, and/or play?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 30:  Many real Earth cultures have influenced fantasy art, literature, and games; what is your favorite culture to paint, read, and/or play?

Perhaps this sounds narrow, but I default to Western European culture in most of my gaming/modelling.

I would not fool myself that I know enough about other cultures to do a convincing job of recreating them. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I used to like Roman and Greek mythology when I was younger but these days I'm really enjoying Japanese and Korean influenced art, literature and games.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I love History and am interested in many different cultures.

So I have more than one favorite.

The ones I like to paint, read about etc the most:

• Meso-American ( Aztec/Inca/Maya/Toltec/Olmec etc) I have loosely based my Lost World Project around this.
  • Feudal Japan/China/Korea. Look at my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project for my take on these.
  • Ancient cultures like Roman/Greek/Egyptian/ Gauls/Germans , I based my Shifting Sands Project on the Egyptians somewhat.
  • Medieval Europe/ Vikings.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

That's not a fair question at all! It's like asking me what I want to eat at this point: one moment I want coconut curry, the next i'll gut you for some mac n cheese, and then the next I'm crying over chips and salsa! 

My top favorites fashion styles have consistently been ancient Egyptian, pretty much all of Chinese history, and 1400s French style (classic "princess" dress). That's as close as I can get to having a favorite. History, art, and culture are just too interesting for me to pick one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

I'd probably have to say a combination of Ancient Egytpian, Feudal Japan, and modern Japan.  All of those are incredibly interesting...

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

the next i'll gut you for some mac n cheese

For the record, if I have food you want, I'll just share it, no need for the gutting hook.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Perhaps this sounds narrow, but I default to Western European culture in most of my gaming/modelling.

I would not fool myself that I know enough about other cultures to do a convincing job of recreating them. 

This is pretty much me, too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day when I actually gamed, our campaigns were mostly based on medieval feudal Europe.  Today, I'm pretty interested in most ancient cultures that have contributed to fantasy themes, but seem to gravitate to Egyptian and/or Asian themed models

• Like 7