Darkleaf the Druid

Jester

Well, one more down, one more to finish up...

I'm about 50% satisfied with this. I mean, it looks better than some of the stuff I've seen produced by some companies, and yet, I know what I am aiming for in terms of quality.

Anyway, I hope you like this one:

gdruid00.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm much of a sculpter myself Rob but wouldn't it have been easier to do the handle of the sickler with a weapons back spear or something? Or maybe even a short length of wire from a local hardware store? The piece looks good the only thing I see though is the slight curve in the scikle handle.

Not that I'm much of a sculpter myself Rob but wouldn't it have been easier to do the handle of the sickler with a weapons back spear or something? Or maybe even a short length of wire from a local hardware store? The piece looks good the only thing I see though is the slight curve in the scikle handle.

Well, there is wire in there, but I tried to turn the staff to give it a wood appearance, and the direction of the taken photo lends to the slight curve you see. Also, when it dried, I found the left hand had rotated slightly, so it's now out of position also.

Like I said, I can see where things went wrong, and this was definitely a positive learning experience for me.

Next up... Angry Rodent With Gigantic Sword... :B):

Pretty sweet stuff.

I'd say the only thing that bothers me about it is that there appears to be alot of space between his legs, he looks a little unnaturally bow legged. I think perhaps it's due to width of his crotch (it might just be the angle of the first picture).

I'd also prefer a different Sickle Head, but I think that's a matter of personal opinion.

Nice job, keep up the great work (I'm certain you could sell this one).

Hey Jester!

Was this created with the tools you got from ReaperCon or have you created your own since then?

Some of Sandra's and some that I've picked up and some I've custom made.

The one essential tool so far for me is the double ended one from Sandra with the sharp bent hook on one end and the angled loop on the other. That angled loop is great for smoothing into and creating folds.

Oh Yeah, great sculpt by-the-way!

It may be the lighting, but the greenstuff is pretty intense? are you going a straight 50:50 (yellow and blue for those who are confused)?

I'm generally using just a straight 50/50 mix to make the greenstuff. I love using the brown stuff, and I'm thinking about using a 50/50 mix of green and brown stuff to experiment with on a couple of future projects.

It's really fun to play around with the sculpting.

Yup it is.

I'm working on some scuplts (pretty evident from the barrage of questions), but of course I'm not as fast as you!

Well, don't think of it as fast...

Think of it more as "focused". That would best describe my work. Focused.