Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

I need a name for this cat

Dawnbreaker, Reaver of Souls of the Mortal Realm...  Bow down before their majestic silvery-grey fluffyness! Maybe? 

I was always terrible with cat names.... Then again, I'm no better at dog names, lol

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Cats thinks the 'name' this is just silly, and only accepts it because we feed them.   

Mostly they prefer descriptive titles such as 'she who rules with sharp claws', 'she who prefers the window perch', 'she who catches birds'...  

'Your majesty' is also an accepted title... barely. 

Honestly... as long as you give them a good, firm bellyrub you could call them anything you want. 

Pandora, maybe, or Nimrod? 

Athene is also good for the more ferocious ones, or if they dole out both kindness and pain, Freya might be good. 

(Cats accepts names of gods because they're almost at a cat's level in inscrutability)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Cats thinks the 'name' this is just silly, and only accepts it because we feed them.   

Mostly they prefer descriptive titles such as 'she who rules with sharp claws', 'she who prefers the window perch', 'she who catches birds'...  

'Your majesty' is also an accepted title... barely. 

Lady McStinkyButt is my cat's title. She seems to accept it.

• Like 4

Thanks for all the ideas.  We have decided on "Astra".  The vet tells me she is recovering comfortably and I can go get her in a couple of hours. 

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Thanks for all the ideas.  We have decided on "Astra".  The vet tells me she is recovering comfortably and I can go get her in a couple of hours. 

Is she a necromancer bent on world destruction? Cuz uhh.... that's who Astra was in the book I just read. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

If we went with what gets used, most of them would be named "Kitty No" and "Dammit Kat".

LOL.  When I was a kid, one of my dad's co-workers gave us a 6 month old kitten he had named Dammit Kitty.  Mom renamed him because she didn't want her 2 and 6 year old overheard calling his name.

As for name suggestions, I really liked Pewter

• Like 6

I have given my step-nephew's cat (who lives with my brother and sister in law while his owner lives in Denver) the nickname of "Thud" for the sound he makes getting off of anything. His actual name is Butters after the SouthPark character. My cat on the other hand is named Kali after the Hindu goddess. She gets called Kali cat and KK a lot. 

• Like 4