Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Pathfinder: Seers of the Drowned City

If you like basics, archetypes are entirely optional, so maybe just do a straight-up fighter with whatever weapons & skills you think a rough outlander should have?

18 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I'm not sure what archetypes are in this context.

Then just to a standard fighter and let your background story and roleplaying dictate what you have in your mind's eye.

Archetypes are similar to AD&D 2e kits if that helps any. They modify class features. Unlike prestige classes, they usually add some uniqueness even at first level. Archetypes generally support a more specific character concept than just, say, "fighter". For example, the Corsair would be a "pirate deck fighter" and the Dragoon and "expert mounted warrior".

I found that suggesting the right archetype for a concept can help inexperienced players in particular, as it apparently nudges them toward looking not at "what options do I have" but at "what options fit my concept" when choosing feats, skills, spells, whatever.

Still, if you prefer simplicity, might not be the right idea for you. Therefore: what Darcstaar said.

Man, I'm having a hard enough time with the core rulebook's classes as it is, I don't want to go further down the complexity hole. ::D:

Definitely going human, but now to decide between Fighter or Barbarian....

Can we get some feedback on char ideas, please? So this might actually get off the ground soonish.

I haven't forgotten this one!! I've just been busier then I thought I'd be. I'm almost ready to post the treasures gained from "playing" the previous adventure. I will post that this week sometime. My week is all screwed up due to the holiday. My normal days off (last night & tonight) are switched for last night & Thursday night.

I'm still gonna run Adventure League as planned tonight as I really hate missing that night + I slept for over 8 hrs last night. It's been awhile since I've gotten that much sleep. I'm also debating on running Starfinder Society at my FLGS  + painting prep for my game on Mondays as well + other life events.

Anyways, game is still on. I was thinking a start date of December 1st. Anyone else?

Well, if we can get characters done in time... :poke:

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

I'm cool with it.

I briefly considered switching race/class to an elven swashbuckler but then I took a look at the class proper and NOPE. Sticking to human fighter.

Just now I'm undecided between a low-cha "tribal" fighter like a norseman or a celt, or a more "civilized" fighter with low wis.....

If you want local, the area will be near the "Eye of Abendingo (or however it's spelled)". Actually it's set in the Shackles area of the official setting for Pathfinder. Just close to the big storm eye.

So... I can't figure out what Human dialect a pirate/slaver from the Shackles would most likely speak. PathfinderWiki lists Polyglot, but surely most pirates/slavers would not actually be Mwangi tribesfolk?

I'll take a look at the Pirate Adventure Path & see what majority of those people speak as far as a language other then Common. I know in the adventure I'm pulling the magic items/treasure out, every one native to the land (the native halflings, natives) all speak Polyglot so who knows.

Ok, week totally got away from me last week with the holiday. It made for a very long week. This week I returned to my normal days off (Sunday night & last night). I'm in the process of figuring out the last treasures & will have that posted up on here shortly. I've decided instead of Dec 1st for a start time, we'll start whenever everyone gets a character they want up & is ready to go, so no rush.

Okay, equipment ideas. Mostly not really a wishlist, because for the most part I just wish I actually had clever ideas, just tossing out there some of the more obvious/interesting choices I see for various slots. So I'm bolding my priorities, and putting the more "random" ones in parentheses.

Clothing & jewelry: an extremely fashionable pirate priestess look worth at least 150 gp (along the lines of fancy shirt, pants, low-heeled boots and of course a right proper pirate hat, plus some trinkets)

Armormasterwork haramaki (153 gp), possibly enchanted +1/2 (1000/4000 gp)

- I totally need this for style, instead of some fancy corset for the clothing

Weapon: belaying pin (i.e. a club)

Belt of incredible dexterity +2 (4000 gp)

(Body: Corset of the Vishkanya (1500 gp))

Chest: Tunic of careful casting (5000 gp)

(Eyes: Pirate's eye patch (2600 gp))

(Feet: Acrobat Slippers (3000 gp))

Hands: -

Head: Circlet of Persuasion (4500 gp)

Headband of alluring charisma +2 (4000 gp)

Neck: Amulet of natural armor +1/2 (2000/8000 gp); 

Ring of Protection +1/2 (1000/4000 gp)

Ring 2:

Shoulders: Cloak of Resistance +1/2 (1000/4000 gp)

Wrist: Sleeves of Many Garments (200 gp)

Holy symbol, silver/gold, flask (35/110 gp) + acid (10 gp)

some extra flasks of acid in case a refill is required for

Wrist sheath (1gp) + Wand of cure light wounds (750 gp)

Origami swarm (300 gp)

Concealing pocket (500 gp)

Handy haversack (2000 gp)

Plus obviously more miscellaneous gear I'll still need to look up, and that may well amount to a few hundred gp overall (probably tools for a craft, maybe an instrument, etc.).

Ok, list is done I just need to format it for posting. Note gold pieces gained I just added them to the gp count, so no gems, items etc. It's just a GP number. Take it however you want. Also the party will be in a major city at the start of the game, not Peridon's Hearth, the town in Ire of the Storm (it's too small for the party to sell the items at)

Also, Polygot seems to be the local language in this module, heck even the main bad guy who is a lizardman speaks Polygot & Auran. (he's a Auran-infused oracle).

I will have the lists up tomorrow when I get home from work in the morning.

@Arkady You might in luck, as I think one of the item for sure is a Headband of Alluring CHR +2.

OK Finally!!! Here is simple spreadsheet in regards to Mundane & Magic Items gained from the party's "adventure" in Ire of the Storm

Starting treasures (Ire of the Storm normal & magical items)

Also note, I did my best to try & consolidate the items, but if a entry like Cloak of Protection +1 is listed twice, then you've gained 2 CoP +1s.

You will need to get out of the small town of Peridon's Hearth (more or less a Chelixian colony port town) to sell magic items. Taking a ship, you arrive at Fort Freedom in Sargava to the North, there the party made it way to Senghor, in the Kaava Lands (Mwangi Expanse) then finally to Bloodcove.

The party can sell the entire stash of unwanted magic items in Senghor, (at 75% book value) as it's a city of 26,430 people. So there is bond to be someone wanting your guys' "junk"

It is in Bloodcove the adventure will start from.

• Like 1