GOT Loot Train Battle Project

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a fit of madness a friend and I decided to undertake a project to put together a wargame scenario based on the incredible Loot Train battle as featured in Season7, Episode 4 of Game of Thrones. ( S

Lol...thanks, Rat13!  Hopefully all our players will be as appreciative as you when their troops get fried!      Here is the finished prototype token.  I have to say, I think it came out pre

Played around today with making a dragon attack casualty marker.     I took an odd sprue of ancient warriors, and assembled a suitable casualty, and glued it to a washer.   I

Posted Images

I did up a sample Tarly soldier today using an Oathmark Human and the shield from an old box of Warhammer High Elves.

fullsizeoutput_3bbe.jpeg

(Note, the above image has been flipped; that’s why the spear and shield are in the wrong hands.)fullsizeoutput_40ef.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 12
  • 2 months later...

Well, a couple months have passed, but I was working some more on our Loot Train project today.  A friend finished 3-D printing the Drogon model we're going to use, and delivered the last parts to me on Friday.   This inspired me to assemble the Daenerys to ride on it's back, and to start working on how I'm going to mount it con the cone-of-fire base I made earlier (See this post: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82932-got-loot-train-battle-project/&do=findComment&comment=1759786 )

For Daenerys, I used the bottom half of a GW Wood Elf cavalry figure, the torso and arms are from the new Frostgrave Female soldiers set, and the head is from the Warlord Amazons set.   Next, I will need to extend the coat and fill and blend with green stuff.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

For the mounting, I've tried simply drilling a whole into the mouth and neck.  I'm hoping that will be enough to hold it, as the model is very light weight.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 16
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 11:17 AM, Sirithiliel said:

nice, though i think it's too big for my own 3D printer to handle haha

Thanks!

I don’t understand the whole 3D printing world myself, but you should be able to scale it to fit somehow if you wanted.  When my friend printed the first one of these dragons for me it was too small, and he was able to scale it up in his computer.  So I would think you would be able to scale it down to fit yours.  Also, some of the pieces, like the wings, were printed one at a time, so just a single wing occupied the whole printer bed.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got the dragon assembled today and gave it a trial fit on the fire cone flight stand I made, and stuck Dany on his back for good measure.  Shown with an Anhurian Crossbowman at the base for a sense of scale. 

4E181485-61F2-4A45-8966-AEC8B37F8BFB.jpeg

• Like 11
  • 3 weeks later...

This past week, I've been working a little on my Daenerys figure.

I used the cloak from the Frostgrave Female Soldiers box to make the two tails of her long coat, then worked on using green stuff to blend her leg joints, blend in the coat tails, and add her side braids and blend in the ponytail I had added.

For the cloak,  I cut it down the middle, and then trimmed the top to fit along her waist.  I then very gently bent the thin plastic so it would sit naturally back at an angle on the dragon's back

IMG_0606.jpg

fullsizeoutput_46d0.jpeg

• Like 9