Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

GOT Loot Train Battle Project

1 hour ago, blargney said:

This project is cool!  I look forward to watching it progress :-)

Thank you, blargney!  Things should start moving faster now that warm weather is approaching.

• Like 3

Today I fiddled around with making a prototype of the Dothraki Horse Archers which feature in the battle.  It's a cool segment of the scene to see them getting up to kneel on their horses backs to fire their bows.

main-qimg-2bdcd728377e22a29ed1c56c73de9102-c.jpeg

The problem I had was there really aren't any figures in a similar pose, so I had to do some serious leg reconfiguration, and some work on the joint between the waist ant the torso to get the archer firing in the right direction.  

It's not perfect, but certainly good enough I think.  Now only 9 more to construct...

fullsizeoutput_46ea.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 10

I just binge-read this thread.  Super cool project!  Loving the look and feel of the dragon, its mother, and the burning victim.  Fantastic work and creativity!

• Thanks 1

I got Daenerys painted today, and the dragon primed black.  

I'm really pleased with the Dany figure considering she's made of assorted cobbled-together parts.  It's not a prefect representation, but I think it gets the idea across.  ::):

fullsizeoutput_470a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4708.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_46f3.jpeg

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'm glad you got the dragon assembled! i know i wasn't any help on that

Thanks!  No worries.  ::):  In the end it wasn't as hard as it first looked.  I just took my time and did it one piece at a time.   

(Though I was terribly jealous of your friend with the huge printing surface as I worked at green stuffing all the joints to be better blended.  They're not perfect, but good enough for gaming.)  

• Like 3