• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      The grotesquerie of the Innsmouth hybrids shines best when juxtaposed with regular, non-transmuting humans. Reaper's got a lot of pirates, but up 'till recently few modern-era sailors. Still, both of these piratical individuals could pass as more colorful specimens of the pulp era.

59030, Red Petals Su, was another miniature I'd painted about three or four years ago when I was just getting started, but she came out less ham-fistedly than most of my work. She's a fierce lady and has no time for superstitions about women on board ship!  

Meanwhile, Stieg Brinegrog (03627) I painted somewhat more recently. This Bluto-esque sculpt is worth every penny. Lumpy, huge, and comically hypertrophied, with arms that would make an orc jealous. He has a fine mustache, too. It would be irresponsible to paint that much skin all the same, so I gave him a sunburn/tan, some shoulder- and chest-hair, and a nice treasure-map tattoo. And there's plenty more canvas left for further tattooing, if I run short of stuff to paint in the future!

"D'yarr, I'll get yez someday, ye fishy milk-livered ********ing ***** of a ****-*******ing ****-****er!"

• By pcktlnt
      Was attempting tattoos and didn't like the mess I made. I started over by dunking in simple green (regretting that decision). Attempt #2! I should document my progress, this should help push me. Using grey primer because I can't find my white primer.

09299: MSP Core Colors: Grey Primer

• By pcktlnt
      Hello all. I failed to keep up with the WIP due to rushing to completion. This was my Reaper entry and he received a solid bronze. I'm quite proud of two parts of the figure:
      1) The freehand tattoo on his back, it was my first attempt at freehand. ^.^
      2) The water portion of the plinth because I borrowed two blue's from @Mr Melons (thanks!) and set about mixing and painting on the plinth with a completion time of under 10 minutes. ^.^

I will summarize to the best of my abilities, the information I have garnered from judges and several artists I have spoken with. For now, I present Stieg. He was a wonderful figure to paint and very fun.

Summary behind the spoiler:

• By wdmartin
      I finally, finally finished this mini after it sat on my Shelf of Shame staring reproachfully at me for ages.  Total time, start to finish: 1 year 10 months.  Eep.

There is a WIP thread from roughly a year ago where I got her skin done, which was honestly the hardest part, so I don't know why it took me another year to drag myself into finishing her sharkskin-leather and turtle-shell armor.  The knife is supposed to be obsidian, by the way -- it didn't come out terribly well in the photos, but I painted it black with a layer of Realistic Water after the sealant went on to make it shiny and reflective like volcanic glass ought to be.

The base is just a bunch of small rocks and glue.  Plus some dried moss.  I am super worried about that moss -- it's so brittle!  I am convinced it's just going to snap off the instant someone grabs the base without positioning their fingers carefully.

Over all, I'm reasonably pleased with the outcome, if not with the timeline.
    • By 72moonglum
      So on my quest to finish up this set of four elves, I just completed the sea elf last night.  I don't say this too often, but I think I'm really glad the way this one turned out, at least colorwise, as I was using a very limited color palette and was using sea-oriented colors that Reaper makes, like Seafoam Blue, Marine Teal, Clouded Sea, which are paints that I bought a while back but really haven't taken advantage of. With this color scheme in mind I may very well try to do some other aquatically themed figures in the near future.

Now out of this set 11-422 from way back in the day I've got one more figure left, a drow assassin, who will be up next as soon as I finish him.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 296 Guests (See full list)