Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

D.O.U.S. - Dice of Unusual Size - D21, D36, Pulse & Alphabet : Impact! Minatures Kickstarter (live)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/dous-dice-of-unusual-size-d21-d36-pulse-and-alphab?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=impact! miniatures

47286c4b5e638485f11434022031e59e_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&crop=faces&w=1024&h=576&fit=crop&v=1539147318&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=f8ae67dbb758f23d8e17e72e9d90e86e

many different crazy dice

e7723f4093d713721e1b4044f714104c_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1539207779&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=695d8a000f5aa55b8f6a921b348b1fe2

many different colours

886609cdfadbbb2542c6d5da3affbb81_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1539197444&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=3b8c259fa49392df4fbe9b215aa8f992

0a085d6efcb3bbf903d01458ae06b873_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1539189997&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=e67c1bde0f51a4a9e2325b7c6390f5f6
including a pulse dice

If you fancy some dice for your rpg, a special dice for that magic weapon or even some crazy home brew skirmish game take a look, every dice from a d3 right through to a d30 is there

• Like 3

I was surprised to see the pulse too. Maybe I should look that campaign up and see what ended up happening there. 

I just did. Silence for years. 

Final 25% Push to funding

Thank you backers. With your support the project is now 78% on the way to being funded with 9 and a partial days to go. So far so good and thank you for your support of the project.

BackerKit is currently projecting a finish of just over $20,000 for the project which is great but we need to make sure the project keeps momentum to make that a reality. Reaching $20,000 would allow us to easily unlock colors in the new dice as stretch goals and I'd love to offer those up. Also stretch goals will add additional free dollars to spend for several levels and I'd like to offer those to the backers as well.

If you have a chance ... give the project a Share on Facebook or a Shout out with the Tweet or a Reddit post. Anything is a great help in order to push us to funded status and then on to the stretch goals which are planned for every $2,500 past the $15,000 funding goal.

Tom @ Impact!

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 4:36 AM, dice4hire said:

I was surprised to see the pulse too. Maybe I should look that campaign up and see what ended up happening there. 

I just did. Silence for years. 

@dice4hire .. as part of this KickStarter I am offering backers who were victims of the Pulse Dice KickStarter free Pulse dice (or Pulse dice at cost) ... since this is my 40th KickStarter I wanted to give back to the KS community with this project.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:10 AM, Gadgetman! said:

There's only 5 sides to the vowel dice. That's discrimination against anyone with a sensible alphabet. 

@Gadgetman!So I understand what you are saying fully!   Here are two reasons Y was left off.

1)  Koplow already makes a D6 with all the Vowel plus Y on it.

2)  This was meant to be compliment die to the D21 Consonant Die I made with this project ... so between the 2 dice you have the full alphabet.

I do realize that Y is sometimes vowel.   Just was trying to make things that didn't already exist along with a matching letter die set.

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:
On 10/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, Gadgetman! said:

There's only 5 sides to the vowel dice. That's discrimination against anyone with a sensible alphabet. 

@Gadgetman!So I understand what you are saying fully!   Here are two reasons Y was left off.

1)  Koplow already makes a D6 with all the Vowel plus Y on it.

2)  This was meant to be compliment die to the D21 Consonant Die I made with this project ... so between the 2 dice you have the full alphabet.

He is from Norway, so I guess he's missing some other Vowels (stuff like Ø, or ö, ä, ü for the German Alphabet). 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nunae said:

He is from Norway, so I guess he's missing some other Vowels (stuff like Ø, or ö, ä, ü for the German Alphabet). 

They're  Æ. Ø and Å.   

Those are really important letters, though. 

'Æ' is sometimes used as 'I' or 'me' in dialect, 'Ø' is the first letter in the word 'øl'(translates to beer... ) and 'Å' is not only the last letter in out alphabet, it's also the name of the island way out on the top of the Lofoten archipelago. 

• Like 2

Nitpicking, but the "combination of being able to roll 3 dice with each roll" isn't actually useful from a random number generation pov, due to the d36 and the 2d6 results not actually being independent results. For example, with just a single roll of the combination die, the sample table provided will never swarm the group with 36 kobolds, given 36 on the d36 only ever occurs for 2d6=12. (And you'd always get 6 owlbears on a 2d6=12, because obviously both d6 show a 6.)

So, yeah, for fun and giggles, go ahead, but I pity the fool trying to actually run a balanced game trying to use this to do multiple rolls with just one roll of a die.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:37 PM, impactminiatures said:

@dice4hire .. as part of this KickStarter I am offering backers who were victims of the Pulse Dice KickStarter free Pulse dice (or Pulse dice at cost) ... since this is my 40th KickStarter I wanted to give back to the KS community with this project.

Wow, Tom, that's really nice of you.  I think i speak for a lot of folks when I say that I'm glad you're part of our community.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:37 PM, impactminiatures said:

I do realize that Y is sometimes vowel.   Just was trying to make things that didn't already exist along with a matching letter die set.

Since we're all playing fantasy games here, shouldn't we have vowel dice that include an apostrophe?

• Like 1