Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Oathsworn Sensible Shoes SS18: Dwarf Queen, by Pingo

so close up...I always want to see your stuff like I was holding it in my hand, but it sort of looks like it is under a magnifying glass (sorry, I could not hold back anymore.)

So good looking too, grrrrrr. Love the color and the little symbol on the hammer. 

• Like 1

Her face is LOVELY & sweetly expressive. The metalwork & gems are GLORIOUS. She is a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mutilatedlips said:

so close up...I always want to see your stuff like I was holding it in my hand, but it sort of looks like it is under a magnifying glass (sorry, I could not hold back anymore.)

So good looking too, grrrrrr. Love the color and the little symbol on the hammer. 

I like to take close-up photos to show details (even if they magnify mistakes too :huh:). I want to see everyone's figures up close!

That said, my pictures don't always give a great idea of how things look on the tabletop.

I don't have my good imaging software on this machine, but here is a roughly life-size image using the cruddy software:

DSC_0435-teeny-weeny.jpg.d411ebc9f345c6dbe7198eeb5acff470.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Pingo said:

I like to take close-up photos to show details (even if they magnify mistakes too :huh:). I want to see everyone's figures up close!

That said, my pictures don't always give a great idea of how things look on the tabletop.

I don't have my good imaging software on this machine, but here is a roughly life-size image using the cruddy software:

DSC_0435-teeny-weeny.jpg.d411ebc9f345c6dbe7198eeb5acff470.jpg

Maybe a bit on the small side, but still really nice, thanks. I just use microsoft office picture manager, not sure if it came with the computer or we have it on there because my wife is a teacher.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mutilatedlips said:

Maybe a bit on the small side, but still really nice, thanks. I just use microsoft office picture manager, not sure if it came with the computer or we have it on there because my wife is a teacher.

Well, she is a dwarf. I just checked and in hand the figure is the same size as the image on my MacIntosh screen.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By Rigel
      Just what it says on the tin. A princess from Cold War Miniatures...a SPACE princess! She looks like she'd fit in with my legions of Zarek, blue-skinned retro conquerors featured elsewhere in the Spacefuture tag. (Mostly Hydra Imperials, but some Reaper Numenera priests as well.)

Here she is on a walk in the Imperial Gardens with her mother (played by Hydra's Empress Xenovia). Not sure the Empress approves of her daughter's choice of stepping-out wear--unlike the populace at large. Alas that looking at a member of the Imperial Houses without permission is punishable by a minimum sentence of execution, going up to some truly unpleasant punishments. It is estimated that Princess Khoshta is the third leading cause of death in the Citadel of Marduk.

• By Kangaroorex
      Just thought i would put these up to show off the new party making their way through saltmarsh.  A party of six graduates from the civilized lands, roped into fulfilling a debt by their mentors.  At least they are working together...  they arent my finest work but for 6 hours of painting, they will do nicely for our little gaming group and the group enjoyed the surprise of coming to their second session to discover they all had custom painted minis!

we have a Halfling fighter
      an elven thief with a fixation for daggers
      a halfling bard
      the blue dragonborn priest of Protos
      the black Dragonborn warlock (had to create the head.  I couldnt find a dragonborn mini with an 8 strength...)
      and a Human ranger from the backstreets and slums

hope you enjoy them, i dont know how long they will last....

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 14048, Fatima, Nefsokar Cleric.

Or rather it will be when you click on the links because she's super NSFW, front and back.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PAINTED FIGURE FATIMA, NEFSOKAR CLERIC.

There isn't a WIP thread because I couldn't figure out how to make one that would abide by the board rules. But questions or comments are appreciated.

The images are hosted on Instagram so you can post comments there too if you like.

• By Rob Dean
      One more mouse for the order of battle pool for Gencon.  I’m behind on basing, but should get to him over the weekend.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)