Flip side...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Undead and various other bad guys.

Though I do indeed love my Crusaders, it's a bit more challenging to make them look as "impressive" than it is with bad guys. With villains, you have a bit more free reign with the odd, sickly color-cobos, and gore is a bit more "in place" with said minis.

Though I do love painting up heros.

I also love to do freehand.

Undead, especially fleshy undead like ghouls and Terezinya the Necromancer's familiar. He's gonna be fun. I likes the pale green-gray I found that is perfect for the 'died-and-decayed-underwater' look.

Villains always rock, especially when I can do little extras -- I painted lightning bolts on Ulern the Antipaladin's sword, for instance. I intend to do Terezinya's sword as bloodstone to counter the reds and purples of her outfit.

I wonder why it seems that more people enjoy painting evil characters, I know I do! I wish my GM would do an all evil campaign, most of the people in our group gravitate that way anyway!

The allure of Evil. To be free of the constraints of society. No wonder games such as Thief, Manhunt or Hitman 2 are so popular. :blues:

I don't guess I really have a particular part of a mini I like to paint. I do enjoy painting certain techniques. I absolutely love painting Non-Metallics (when they work out, that is). I love when a challenging run of layering comes together. I love when I mix a color and it turns out right....

And I'll say, too....as whiz was sayin'. Paint with the largest brush possible for the job. I use a #1 or #2 W&N most of the time, but the #1 sees the most abuse. I use it for 99% of my painting. I use the #2 when I'm havin' a particularly good day.

I agree with Whiz. The smallest you should really have is a #1, or #0. I'm painting with a 4/0 currently, and it's really a pain, because it does not hold much paint. A #1 or #0 has the same tip, but holds more paint in each load is the thing.

As a witness on Law and Order bluntly quipped to my delight... "I'm an @$$ man. What can I say?"

::P:

I believe DFW area sportscaster Dale Hansen said it best when he said

I've always been a leg man.  Preferably two legs.

Anyway, As for the whole what do you love to paint thing; I love to paint armor and weapons.

Over all I enjoy non-people more than people. Best time I had was the Garrity Earth Elemental. I'm not into the undeads or skeletons, but have a great time with elementals and ogres/orcs/etc. I think part of that is that colors don't have to be anything specific so I can be more creative.

Within humanoid figures I enjoy most the figures which fill a role in a story... or just seem to have a story. I also love the faces that are well defined... there's a selection of dwarves I love (the one with a hammer and lightning bolts on the shield is a great example, I don't know the sculpter on that one) and nearly anything Garrity, and some of the Klocke faces are great too.

But yeah. The non-people are more fun.

Jess