Sign in to follow this  
malefactus

New Pumpkinhead Folk in the Works

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I get that!

Just getting excited about the pumpkin project!

Have fun!

...something like Frankenweenie might work.

I am getting amped for the stuff also...fun is a given. 

10 hours ago, Rahz said:

Amazing addition to your fungi-folk!  Looking forward to this!! 

Thanks, Rahz. I am glad you like the stuff. The Jack O'Lantern folk have been some of my favorite pieces to do for awhile.

9 hours ago, strawhat said:

Oh, I do love me some pumpkin-heads!

I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I am happy you like them, strawhat. Thanks for the reply.Things are evolving nicely.

7 hours ago, Warlady said:

These pumpkin-heads are amazing!  They make me think of Oz gone bad.  Old Mombi would approve.

Thanks for the reply & the reference, Warlady. I had to look up Old Mombi...I love learning something new.

She would get on well with the Pumpkinheads I am sure. I picture the Witches as creators of the Pumpkinheads & their mistresses/leaders.

The feature in my Witches' Hunters; i.e., a war band that hunts down Witch Hunters.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rigel said:

Following with extreme interest! Love the look of them so far.

Thanks for the reply, Rigel. I am glad you like the stuff.

If you want an idea where I am going with this, I have a link to my Google Album with W.I.P. pics of most of the Pumpkinheads I have done over the past few years in the first post of this thread..

• Thanks 1

The body dollie is pretty much done & ready for green stuffing on the Pumpkinhead Specter:
DSCN6880.thumb.JPG.81b65427b66793c62af8a86344b4b3bc.JPG

The hands will be a challenge I am sure.

• Like 14

These are great!! I'm wishing I was sculpting right along side you for this project. I love pumpkin headed monsters! At least I'll have a bunch of reference picts for when I do eventually get to it!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

These are great!! I'm wishing I was sculpting right along side you for this project. I love pumpkin headed monsters! At least I'll have a bunch of reference picts for when I do eventually get to it!

...it would be great having someone to craft with. We missed being within driving range by about eight or nine years.

The Pumkinheads are among my favorite things to make. There are almost as many of my Jack O'Lantern Horrors in various countries as there are Mushrooms...almost.

All that aside, I am happy you like them, Crowley. Thanks for the reply.

8 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Great I went down a rabbit hole because of this.. it could get expensive

I have a bunch of the Grymkin thingies, but thus far not the Pumpkinhead ones...yet They are really tempting though.

Thanks for the pics, Samurai Jack.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@malefactus  The Spectre looks cool, I'm sure he will scare a lot of wannabe adventurers!

@SamuraiJack Those look cool, I suggest to take a look at the Grimkin faction from Privateer Press for more like that.

Thanks, Glitter. It would be cool if they went somewhere & had the chance to be gamed with.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 3

I started green stuffing the Specter. I am drwing my inspiration from some of Dug Stanat's spooky creations:

2071820283c48834f063a9e84fa30fe8.jpg

189858f493d034ee14ce9b89ef75b2f8.jpg

Cool stuff, eh?

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those are pretty cool and creepy!

...I think so too. Dug Stanat makes all sorts of creepy creations...very inspiring stuff.

I have most of the ragged, hooded cloak green stuffed less a lower extension:

DSCN6881.thumb.JPG.c1bfb64d044c4e460bbb07a5bf237975.JPGDSCN6882.thumb.JPG.3e93aae9523b618f1c09fd4735d55f63.JPG

The long fingered, talon like hands are underway:

DSCN6884.thumb.JPG.fd5270f37820a5d5e3389757bbc99598.JPGDSCN6885.thumb.JPG.bd0ee3dd653f7ad118760e2eeecc7807.JPG

I will have to wait patiently, or not for the green stuff to cure before finishing the hands.

• Like 11