Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Peacock

The Mysterious Stranger (50051)

Well done on the signage it looks great!

And I think you made an excellent choice for the mysterious stranger with that mini. Colours you chose really match well too.

• Like 1

Love this campaign idea and what you've done with the PI here! Lovely basing as well, with the magazine. 

I need to try to make one of those signs now!

20 hours ago, Rigel said:

Love this campaign idea and what you've done with the PI here! Lovely basing as well, with the magazine. 

I need to try to make one of those signs now!

I used a shape cut out of the "pink stuff" insulation foam, and then I used a file to smooth the edges to something approximating rounded sides.  There were some divots of foam that came out when the hobby knife I used must have gotten a dull spot, but since this is supposed to be post-apocalyptic and weathered and such, I just filled in such gaps with dark grey and grunge and figured that could represent a particularly corroded spot where part of the metal sheet fell away.

The magazine is a tiny copy of the "True Police Tales" skill magazine cover from Fallout: New Vegas (my favorite Fallout game so far).

latest?cb=20110220003359 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the_atomic_66_cafe___inside_and_out_by_j

I couldn't work all of this into a single scene, but just for the sake of semi-completeness, here is the "Atomic 66 Cafe" building I put together for the aforementioned RPG scenario -- inside and outside views.  The furnishings are from Hirst Arts Castlemolds castings -- intended for decorating a fantasy tavern, I think, but I was still able to put it to use to represent some stools and assorted plates with food that could just as easily have more modern(-ish) trappings.  I also made the "Drink-o-Tron" out of some Castlemolds books and some sort of grate window design (as the spill tray for the drink dispenser).  The toy building I used was from a thrift store, and I have no idea as to the manufacturer.  (There's a date stamp on the bottom of "1995," but a scribbled thing that I think is supposed to be a logo, but it's so small and mushy in its definition that it's illegible.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

here is the "Atomic 66 Cafe" building I put together for the aforementioned RPG scenario

That is beautiful.

:B):

• Like 1