Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I finished a number of random miniatures up this past week or so and thought I'd throw them on here as a batch of bad guys.
First up is this killer rabbit from Skull and Crown. This is from their recent kickstarter for bunnies from the margins of medieval manuscripts. This is the 3rd one of these I've painted and I'm still trying to find a scheme I like. But that's ok because I went in for a rather large group of these guys so I'm sure I'll come up with something good before I run out of them.
Next up are an Oldhammer goblin from Impact and a barrel mimic from Wizkids. Don't know why, but they seemed like they'd enjoy one another's company while I was painting them up.
And finally, here's one of the ogres from bones 3 (77455). My group has already run into a pack of ogres from that kickstarter and narrowly survived. What they don't know is I have a second set. So next time they run into a pack of ogres it will be twice as big. I'm certain they will appreciate that.
I also finished the green head on a certain 5 headed dragon. But that's still a long way from being complete.
Here's a group portrait of some random minis I painted over February. The happy, green fellow in the middle is from Impact Miniatures recast of Oldhammer goblins. He is flanked by a couple of killer rabbits from a recently fulfilled kickstarter by Skull and Crown. The paint jobs don't do these a bit of justice. They are great and I'm likely to give them a repaint some time in the future. And up front are some Dark Hold kobolds from Rebel Miniatures. I absolutely love the scale of these little guys.
Anyhow, that's it for the January/February RPChallenge for me. I enjoyed sharing a bunch of minis which otherwise may have went into storage without ever being seen by anyone but me.
What else to finish off the month of January but another dragon from my shelf of shame? This is Ollie. Ollie is from Impact miniatures and is supposed to be a mascot for one of the bloodbowl teams. Tom Acquired the license to produce him and I got a copy. I used him to test a number of different red effects and styles while working on another, bigger dragon. The skills may not have panned out like I wanted but Ollie still came out pretty well and deserved to be finished and shown off. Pictures are still with a phone camera but at least I got to my light box! So without further ado:
Got this out of Impact Miniatures last Kickstarter. The master was 3D printed, and then it was produced via spincast resin. Pretty much zero clean-up, although they use a pretty persistent mold release agent. I washed it with Dawn and scrubbed it pretty well. Primed it with Badger Stylynresin and had a bunch of areas where it flaked off with the slightest touch. Gave it another thorough bath & scrub and re-primed with Badger and this time it got a grip. Base coat and initial highlights are Tamiya paints applied via airbrush. Highlights and details are Reaper and Vallejo. Then tried out some Secret Weapon and Mig pigments. There's a spot near the back where you can tell it was a printed master because after i applied a wash it picked out the striations. After highlights you can't really see it. Some of the details lose crispness where parts merge i.e. the banding around the gas tanks isn't as sharply defined where it curves down in the back to meet the hull. All in all it's a pretty nice piece! First Chibi I've ever painted, and while I got inspiration from Odin's Chibi's for the eyes, I need a lot more practice to get them anywhere as nice as his!
Who's Online 28 Members, 6 Anonymous, 342 Guests (See full list)
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Doug Sundseth
- Madog Barfog
- Chris Palmer
- Knight of the Dinner Table