SamuraiJack

Greebo Primal Scales

Is this still planned on March 12th? I read somewhere they won’t start it until they’re finished fulfilling the previous one but I’m not sure how much truth there was to that or how the fulfillment is going. I’m excited either way!

no.. unsure of the date.. it is postponed until they get the last few alastoran pledges that got lost in the web page switch

• Like 2

I was hyped about this one, then realized its only metal. :( Sucks for the ones of us who enjoy resin over metal. :/ Guess I am out.

• Like 1

I am looking at some of these models to convert to sci fi Vesk for Starfinder...they have the perfect look. Anyone had experience with these guys...do the figures keep the detail?

• Like 1

I'd say that Greebo is leading in fantasy football miniatures, and they have quite the fan-base. They wouldnt be that successful if they produced sub-par quality figures. Now, with that said, I dont have personal experience from their figures, so I wouldnt bet my life on their quality being top notch. But none-the-less I think it is fairly safe to say that you'll be happy with it.

They also posted these images from a previous KS campaign they ran. The metal looks pretty darn good.

image.thumb.png.0cd072d8a5351797f07a9ddac3c25340.png

I have backed many of their Kickstarters and have never been disappointed with the detail of the models.  There are the typical issues of small gaps, etc. associated with metal castings, but nothing I would consider to be the result of poor sculpture.

If I were provide any negative comments, they would be 1) their fulfillment processes seem to be slow and cumbersome and have never hesitated to stop fulfillment entirely for prolonged holidays, and 2) they have historically not provided assembly instructions, and frequently pack all parts, un-sorted, into the same container.  They did provide JPGs of parts and exploded views for this last Kickstarter though.  Hopefully that will continue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grefven said:

The metal looks pretty darn good.

It looks like this, because Greebo use their own wash, Greebonite, to enhance the look and to pop out the details on metal miniatures. A full description about this can be found on their homepage.

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 1

I've also got a lot of their figures.. I can prime one of my undead tonight if you want.. 

@Clearman covered the jist of it.. I'm not sure I'd get a lot of their big, complex models anymore.. they just have too many parts IMHO.. they could be cut better. otherwise their quality is totally worth it

• Like 1

Definitely going to pledge, though will pick and choose....don't play Bloodbowl, so no interest in a whole team.

Thanks all for the information re quality

• Like 1

I got a few minis from their Alastoran Kickstarter, and I've been super happy with them.

I agree that Greebo is currently doing some of the very best fantasy football minis (even though Games Workshop really stepped it up, and Willy are doing some nice things.

I've been wondering: I'm only interested in the add-ons, so I just pledged for that. But I don't know / want to figure out which ones I want now, so I just pledged $1 since it looks like (from the comments) you can add more to the pledge manager later. But that feels like "cheating", both to Greebo for not shelling money up-front without penalty, and to Kickstarter who doesn't get their share of that amount (since it wasn't during the pledge). Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Spodi said:

I've been wondering: I'm only interested in the add-ons, so I just pledged for that. But I don't know / want to figure out which ones I want now, so I just pledged $1 since it looks like (from the comments) you can add more to the pledge manager later. But that feels like "cheating", both to Greebo for not shelling money up-front without penalty, and to Kickstarter who doesn't get their share of that amount (since it wasn't during the pledge). Am I missing something?

The only thing you're probably missing is just the spirit of Kickstarter.  If you believe in the campaign, back it with what you intend to spend.  If you just want cool minis, your current strategy is fine.  I've done the same in some cases, and base my decision on how excited a am about the models.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By talion78
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leagueofinfamy/league-of-infamy

From the team behind hit games Hellboy: The Board Game and Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf’s Kings Quest, League of Infamy is an occasionally co-operative dungeon crawler for up to 5 players, where it pays to commit dastardly deeds and partake in foul thievery – often against your own party.
      Join a rogue’s gallery of misfits, ne’er-do-wells and miscreants on a disgraceful mission to kidnap cute little baby Drakons, steal their eggs and viciously wipe out any irritating, goody-goody Elves that try to stop your nefarious schemes.
      But it’s not just the Elves you’ll need to keep a wary eye on. Your fellow (mis)adventurers are just as likely to betray you and steal your loot, shove you into harm’s way or just leave you in a dungeon full of unbeatable foes. As they like to say in the League of Infamy – ‘keep your enemies close but keep your friends at knifepoint’. 

In the limited edition No Half Measures expansion, you must investigate reports of an ancient form of long-forgotten magic: gastromancy! Deal with halflings as strong as an ogre or tricky traps with toxic poisons. It's not all bad though, because you might come across a tasty pie or two to loot!
      In the Kickstarter Exclusive Siren's Wrath expansion, the League is furious that the Trident Realm is messing with one of its most important trade routes... which absolutely won't do! You're sent in to raid the Trident Realm keep and gather as many goods as you can. However, this will be your hardest mission yet, as the Keep Master takes advantage of the aquatic landscape to boost their Defenders.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laboitedejeu/clash-of-rage-2nd-printing?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerlot/undead-graveyard-iv-scenery-for-rpg-and-wargames?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Welcome to our new campaign: UNDEAD GRAVEYARD 4
      We have created new cemetery pieces to decorate your board and enjoy with your RPG's and board games.
      What you will see next is the result of our passion for miniatures and board games, our dedication and effort that we share with you in shape of amazing pieces for your games. 
      Please, come in and enjoy!
      In the graveyard there are always tombstones and tombs of many shapes and sizes. What few people know is that Vladimir Von Drake's legacy will always be alive somewhere between tombstones and obelisks at Undead Graveyard!
      This set consists of 4 stone graveyard statues. 
      These stunning statues are ideal to decorate any game board or create dioramas and give life to your darkest adventures!
      This set consists of 2, 4 or 8 hanged multiposition.
      Each hanged consists of 3 separate pieces: Floor + Wood beams + Hanged man.
      This is perfect for creating unique scenes and adapted to the needs of your board.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresylab2/heresylab-redemeers-fantasy-scifi-resin-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      HERESYLAB - Many years in the hobby, covering all aspects of it, and with 20 years of experience in manufacturing metal, resin and plastic models. In the past 18 months I have designed over 80 models for our range, and delivered over 60000 miniatures to our backers and customers, facing some rough circumstances and unexpected issues. To include last one HG2.0 were we delivered 16000 miniatures (1250 packages) on schedule.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firstlegion/stunning-75mm-resin-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      First Legion 75mm Fantasy "Femmes Fatales" Resin Figure Kits
      A new series of provocative 75mm Fantasy Resin Figure Kits, each one beautifully sculpted and cast and a joy to paint.   
      Who We Are
      First Legion has long been a leading producer of 60mm scale superbly hand painted historical metal and resin figures as well as metal and resin figures kits in various scales. We most recently expanded into 28mm Fantasy miniatures with a huge launch of amazing sculpts that will be coming to retail early next year.   Please visit our websites and social media for more information.
      First Legion Historical
      First Legion Fantasy
      First Legion Facebook
      First Legion Instagram  
      The theme of the series is "Femmes Fatales", beautiful but dangerous women characters. Whether by force,  guile, or seduction these ladies are not to be fussed with.    There are 7 figures in total, each one more beautiful than the next and ranging in style from Gothic, to far eastern, nomadic, northern, and even an Aztec.   The commonality to them is that they are all stunning models of beautiful, dangerous women.  
      Those of you who followed our 28mm Fantasy Minis Kickstarter will recognize these figures from the "Femmes Fatales" Core Set.   They were originally sculpted in 75mm scale and reduced in scale to 28mm to be included in that KS as part of our 28mm fantasy series.  We present them here as originally conceived.    
      Unlike our 28mm KS, which had 170+ models, this KS is purposely very simple and very succinct.    Stunning models at great prices with rewards shipping in just 3 months!    
      Pledge Levels
      The first 5 Figures listed below are tied to pledge levels with selections to be made in our pledge manager following funding.   The higher the pledge level, but better deal it is on each figure.  
      Early Bird Pledge Levels are open for the first 27 hours.
      Add-On Sets
      The last two are available as an add-ons only, or as part of the "Drop Dead Gorgeous" Pledge Level.  Finally, there are three more that will be optional add-ons tied to stretch goals. 
      Resin Figure Kits
      All miniatures are produced in high quality resin and provided unpainted and unassembled.
      Mature Audience
      The figures below contain some nudity and are not suitable for audiences under 18.
      If you are offended by such figures, please stop reading and just move on.   They are purposely designed to be risqué, sexy, dangerous, and above all beautiful.    

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 166 Guests (See full list)