Greebo Primal Scales

SamuraiJack

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that Greebo is leading in fantasy football miniatures, and they have quite the fan-base. They wouldnt be that successful if they produced sub-par quality figures. Now, with that said, I dont have personal experience from their figures, so I wouldnt bet my life on their quality being top notch. But none-the-less I think it is fairly safe to say that you'll be happy with it.

They also posted these images from a previous KS campaign they ran. The metal looks pretty darn good.

image.thumb.png.0cd072d8a5351797f07a9ddac3c25340.png

I have backed many of their Kickstarters and have never been disappointed with the detail of the models.  There are the typical issues of small gaps, etc. associated with metal castings, but nothing I would consider to be the result of poor sculpture.

If I were provide any negative comments, they would be 1) their fulfillment processes seem to be slow and cumbersome and have never hesitated to stop fulfillment entirely for prolonged holidays, and 2) they have historically not provided assembly instructions, and frequently pack all parts, un-sorted, into the same container.  They did provide JPGs of parts and exploded views for this last Kickstarter though.  Hopefully that will continue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grefven said:

The metal looks pretty darn good.

It looks like this, because Greebo use their own wash, Greebonite, to enhance the look and to pop out the details on metal miniatures. A full description about this can be found on their homepage.

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 1

• Members

I've also got a lot of their figures.. I can prime one of my undead tonight if you want.. 

@Clearman covered the jist of it.. I'm not sure I'd get a lot of their big, complex models anymore.. they just have too many parts IMHO.. they could be cut better. otherwise their quality is totally worth it

• Like 1

I've been wondering: I'm only interested in the add-ons, so I just pledged for that. But I don't know / want to figure out which ones I want now, so I just pledged $1 since it looks like (from the comments) you can add more to the pledge manager later. But that feels like "cheating", both to Greebo for not shelling money up-front without penalty, and to Kickstarter who doesn't get their share of that amount (since it wasn't during the pledge). Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Spodi said:

I've been wondering: I'm only interested in the add-ons, so I just pledged for that. But I don't know / want to figure out which ones I want now, so I just pledged $1 since it looks like (from the comments) you can add more to the pledge manager later. But that feels like "cheating", both to Greebo for not shelling money up-front without penalty, and to Kickstarter who doesn't get their share of that amount (since it wasn't during the pledge). Am I missing something?

The only thing you're probably missing is just the spirit of Kickstarter.  If you believe in the campaign, back it with what you intend to spend.  If you just want cool minis, your current strategy is fine.  I've done the same in some cases, and base my decision on how excited a am about the models.

• Like 2