Kev!'s 77336: Stone Giant

Kev!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Frost Giant Heroine from Reaper.

Not my best work, I'm still not great at getting all the mold-lines off these PVC minis, plus I was painting her to help work through some issues I was having so she's a bit on the rough and basic side.
      Was still a lot of fun to paint up though, I'll have to get the other one done now.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      These guys were fun. I did two of them over the summer, experimenting with color blending.  The first was a take on the Chesapeake blue crab, and I might have gotten a little carried away with the bright color, 

The second one I did in a more subdued sea crab coloration: 

• By Pochi
      A different take on my second frost giant queen and I tried out some freehand on her skirt and cloak. I wasn't able to take Brice Cocanour's class at RVE but I was able to watch it on youtube and took his technique and tried out my own designs

Edit: Forgot to mention she is my trio entry with @Evilhalfling and @Kuroneko. 

• By Shadespyre
      All four Reaper Bones Stone Giants, but with some modifications:
      Replaced the club wielded by the guard with the one from the smaller, older giant
      Gave that giant a home-made hammer and a rock to throw.

For colours I chose a base of old Citadel Adeptus Battlegrey, brightened with white for highlights. The cloth colours are all greyish hues rather than natural stone colours because I thought that might be too dull. Very happy with the purple cloth, which is done with the Reaper Dark Elf Skin triad. I tried to do decorations in bluish green jade (though if you think it's more like patina on old bronze, that's fine too) and blue crystals and gems as a change from my usual choice of red. Pleased with the "sparkle" on some of those crystals.

Stone weapons are more traditional for AD&D stone giants but I thought stone hammers looked odd so went with greyish metal. It suits the overall pallete, I hope.

These models are part of a stupidly ambitious diorama which you can see over here:

Stone Giant Tribe

• By Inarah
      Never heard of this before but it's a cool monster. Not sure when or where you'd run into one, but I bet it will be the most inconvenient time and place.   According to online sources they come in all colors, so I loosely based mine on a green iguana. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)