Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Lois Lane (RAFM's RAF02819 "Paige Fox")

I do LOVE your technique. Lois is a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation with a WONDERFULLY expressive face. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Morihalda
      Hey all! I've been working hard on my husband's surprise birthday present. It was going to be a surprise reveal at ReaperCon, but finances/vacation time mean that it's just me going now. But since I told him about it, that means I get to make a WIP thread! Yay!

I grabbed these really cool "Deep Ones Mutant Fishmen" by RAFM out of the Box of Goodwill a couple years ago. He accidentally saw them so I've had to wait until I was sure he forgot about them, haha. Oops.

When we were teens and couldn't meet up, we spent most nights online together. A lot of that time was spent in WoW. With Classic coming out, I thought it would be the perfect time to get these little guys done! He's always loved murlocs and even built entire decks around them in Hearthstone, so I decided to make them based off of cards I've seen him use the most.

Top: Original minis.
      Bottom: Prepped and repositioned for modding. Arms, fingers, toes, and bases were chopped off. The middle one needed a lot of bending to look natural. One lost his head. They all lost their noses....

I don't have WIP photos because this was a SECRET.
      They all got little spines drilled and sculpted on, buttcapes, little details like crab and tentacle armor. The reading one got a little "nightlight." I painted the Hearthstone cards before sculpting the head so I could actually reach the book. 

(This is a HUGE photo if you right click -> open link in new tab. I couldn't make it wider in the thread.)

I did keep a photo of the angler underpinned head because he looked so happy!! What a cutie! This might be my avatar someday.

The warleader's sword was made with Apoxie Sculpt for the base and Green Stuff details. I accidentally made it too smooth(?!) because I really struggled to get any GS to stick. That meant I couldn't do the multiple layers I wanted.

I also made some terrain on a whim. The little huts are pretty iconic to him so I knew he'd immediately find it in the display area! I drew out the sizes I wanted, cut some baked sticks to size, and doused everything in appropriate amounts of superglue and hotglue. The hut top was made with a ball of foil with Apoxie Sculpt. Once it was mostly cured, I removed the ball and smoothed the inside and outside with more clay. Once it's painted, I'll use long grass to mimic the hay. I still need to add little jars, skulls, lanterns, treasure chest, etc.

Lastly - the cards themselves!
      These card images were pulled from the Hearthstone Wiki and I added some short, awful descriptions.
      Top left: Underbelly Angler. Play a murloc, you get another murloc. He loves this one. This is Booklight!
      Top right: Toxfin. He can destroy most cards in a single hit. He's the one with the stinky fish.
      Bottom left: Warleader. Your other murlocs have bonus attack. Big sword guy!
      Bottom right: Soul of the Murloc. When your murlocs die, they come back with 1 health, 1 attack. He giggles so much when he plays this. It doesn't look unique, but I think I'll use the ghostly scheme on the Warleader. I don't know if I can do that yet!

Tomorrow I'll be making the little bits and bobs. Hopefully I can arrange all the terrain on Thursday, prime Friday, and be painting next week!
    • By Rigel
      In "Call of Cthulhu," you would be quite the sillybilly to go poking into dark mysteries without a party member versed in first aid or the medical sciences. Fortunately, Misk U. has a partnership arrangement with St. Mary's Teaching Hospital in Arkham! 

50257,  Dr. Thomas Welby, is the perfect sculpt for a good doctor. He specializes in nervous ailments. Look at that reassuring smile and Clipboard of Authority! 

He is assisted by 50258, Nurse Anne Foster. Exceptionally capable and possessed of a knowledge of pharmacology that goes above and beyond. She's seen some tough cases.

And, of course, we need a surgeon! I had an extra 59029, Baron Simone LeCroix, and since I'd used Jack the Ripper as a circus knife thrower ( https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85248-circus-knife-thrower-and-assistant-50012-and-50125 ) I had a razor and a doctor's bag left over from his sprue. So the good Baron got a change of occupation after some wire-cutter-and-pliers surgery of his own. Barber, surgeon, veterinarian,  what-have-you, he's skilled with a sharp blade. 

Speaking of nervous cases, Miskatonic  is rough on the sanity. The old Call of Cthulhu Occupation 3-packs from RAFM usually come with a character doing just fine, a character encountering something unsettling, and a character on the edge of madness or deadness or both. This sculpt was the last of the three for the Professor 3-pack. Hidden for triggers: suicidal ideation.

• By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Kangaroorex
      Okay I might have a problem when it comes to collecting and painting dragons.  They fascinate me.  This dragon has been produced by many companies, I think Dark Sword holds the rights at this point but it was also produced by RAFM and Ral Partha and probably others as well.  She is a small thing but still fun and relatively simple to paint up.  The dragon back has a very fine scale texture making the wide expanse of a back difficult to display (for her brothers and sisters I will probably incorporate some sort of design) properly. Hope you enjoy

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)