Sign in to follow this  
Gadgetman!

Schlock Mercenary Books 14 & 15

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/howardtayler/schlock-mercenary-books-14-and-15

About

It is high time we put the next two Schlock Mercenary books into print, and into your hands. We love these books, and we're excited for you to have them.

THE BOOKS

Broken Wind: Schlock Mercenary Volume 14

"Think of it as a great, big can full of sky... You could drop Mars into that can, and then tuck Luna and Europa in on top."

Cover art by Howard Tayler and Travis Walton. Design by Sandra Tayler, Howard Tayler, and K.B. Spangler. Cover art by Howard Tayler and Travis Walton. Design by Sandra Tayler, Howard Tayler, and K.B. Spangler.

The  Toughs have taken a small contract in a very, very big place. It's just  the sort of mission Captain Tagon excels at, but his gunboat isn't  answering to him, and his command chain includes the outed spy who stole  the gunboat, the retired general who took it for a joyride, and the  disgraced major from whom it was stolen in the first place.

With  air on both sides of the airlock it's tempting to start throwing people  through it. They'll fall for days, provided nothing with wings decides  they look tasty...

This comprehensive print collection will be 176 pages  long, perfect-bound in full color, with 9 pages of all-new story and over 30 pieces of margin art.  

Delegates and Delegation: Schlock Mercenary Volume 15

"I have standing orders to start exactly zero wars."

Cover art by Howard Tayler and Travis Walton. Design by Sandra Tayler, Howard Tayler, and K.B. Spangler. Cover art by Howard Tayler and Travis Walton. Design by Sandra Tayler, Howard Tayler, and K.B. Spangler.

Captain  Alexia Murtaugh has a new ship, and a new contract to provide embassy  security. Sergeant Schlock has a new title, and a shiny new "get out of  jail free" card. Lieutenant Haley Sorlie has new friends, new implants  for spying on them, and a newfound distaste for the politics of  diplomacy.
      As Earth orbits its way into a new  century her people have new allies, new enemies, and that old, familiar  panic one gets upon discovering that there really is something new under  the sun. 

This print collection will be 160 pages  long, perfect-bound in full color, with 9 pages all new story, and over 30 pieces of margin art.  

WHY WE USE KICKSTARTER

For years we handled our print runs by taking pre-orders in our online store. Last year we changed that, using Kickstarter for the pre-orders of Random Access Memorabilia: Schlock Mercenary Book 13. We were very pleased with the way it worked out.

• We like Kickstarter's system for communication between us and you, our backers. 
  • Kickstarter delivers a great pre-order experience for backers, and with Backerkit we get very robust fulfillment tools, making the job of shipping thousands of books much easier on us than it's been in the past. 
  • Kickstarting this print run lets us offer you more than we've been able to offer in the past.

When we say "offer more," we don't mean "more pages." The books are finished, and we're all better served if we don't mess around with  that part. We'll be offering additional merchandise, both physical and digital, that we wouldn't otherwise be able to produce. You'll find those in the Stretch Goals.

STRETCH GOALS

1f5d7d123370b2a1472a9ad1b91137f3_origina

$60,000 Desktop Backgrounds

All backers at 1 book pdf level and above will get desktop backgrounds featuring the cover art for Broken Wind and Delegates & Delegation. 

(Howard has finished a few of them already, and is trying them out.)

Howard's over-the-drawing-table monitor, now with 100% more BROKEN WIND Howard's over-the-drawing-table monitor, now with 100% more BROKEN WIND

$70,000  Fleet coins 

Three new ship coins, one each for Broken Wind, Neosynchronicity, and Cindercone. The coins will be available to purchase as add-ons for $10 each. We've cleared this goal, so we'll have some art to show you next week.

$80,000 Maxim 70 Key chain

Maxim 70 reads: "Failure isn't an option. It's mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do" Our M70 coin has been one of our most popular challenge coins. This time we want to reprint it as a key chain, so that you can more easily keep it close. The key chain will be available as an add-on for $10.

$90,000 The Reprints

Teraport Wars is almost out of stock, this is a problem for making up book sets, we'd like to do a second printing.

Howard Tayler short story PDF. Howard has written some prose short stories that were sold to various anthologies. The rights have now reverted to us and we'd like to make these stories available to backers. There will be at least two stories, one previously printed in Shared Nightmares, the other in Shadows Beneath. This pdf will be given to all backers at 1 book PDF level and above. Expected delivery January 2019.

Edited by Gadgetman!
Oopsie edited out of topic title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BSGTony
      Join us now and you will receive six highly detailed stand-alone buildings as STL files for your 3D printer!

Link to the project: CITY OF TAROK: 3D PRINTABLE BUILDINGS

City of Tarok is a project we wanted to make for years. We had plenty of experience as we create our maps in 3D and we also created many 3D printable miniatures. We thought, aside from modular sets, there are not many custom buildings on the market. We love creating small worlds like dioramas where you can feel that every piece of the terrain is hand-crafted and living. Now, with the world of 3D printing, we think our imaginations finally have a chance of materializing. 

We have reached our main goal within 2 hours, which means you'll receive all the six core buildings at the $60 Settler reward and above. Now we are on to unlock as many free additional sets as we can. If you join you'll help us to make your pledge more valuable. 

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532839686/city-of-tarok-3d-printable-medieval-buildings?ref=45ld51

More pictures of the printed buildings:

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/earthworm-jim-the-comic-book/x/10803452#/

Overview Earthworm Jim has been a beloved character in video games since his launch in 1994, but due to the limitations of cartridge space, his epic story was never properly told. I'm not only the creator of Earthworm Jim, but I've spent the last 20 years making 18 graphic novels! EARTHWORM JIM is about the world's most unlikely hero... a worm! The evil Queen of Insectica has a super-suit invented that is capable of altering the universe when it is stolen by her ugly sister, Princess What's-Her-Name... Earthworm Jim... from the creator of Earthworm Jim!
      My name is Doug TenNapel and I created Earthworm Jim 26 years ago. Though "EWJ" appeared in award winning video games, an animated series and a toy line, his epic story has yet to be told! We all know the character, but none of us know the story. This deficit in the universe ends NOW!
      (P.S. Do sign up for the Earthworm Jim Comic mailing list! http://earthwormjimcomic.com/ )

For the first time in 27 years I am crafting an epic graphic novel worthy of the true fans of Earthworm Jim in a multi-book set! Let's launch the cow!

My last Indiegogo campaign was for a comic book called Bigfoot Bill and my backers blew me away by providing $196k in funding! Together, we were able to make a hard bound, giant book with over-the-top gold-leafing and embossing on the cover. With your help, we can make Earthworm Jim: LAUNCH THE COW a beautiful volume that is a work of art unto itself. It goes on the coffee table, not some box of wrinkled, floppy comics in the basement. This story will be a sprawling love letter to the fans of Earthworm Jim!

YOU are my Plan A. There is no other plan!
      Making a big, beautiful book requires a lot of funding. Paper costs go up every year, and I only use top quality end sheets, cover stock and print work. It's made in America in my state so I can oversee every step of production. 

The book will start as a handsome hardbound edition, oversized at 9" x 12" and 160 pages long! It documents the origins of the super suit and how it got to earth to make our favorite hero. You'll see some familiar characters ripped straight out of the video game like: Peter Puppy, Princess What's-Her-Name, Psycrow, the hideous Professor Monkey for a Head, Queen Slug-for-a-Butt and Evil the Cat!

The Making Of EARTHWORM JIM Book!
      Your Earthworm Jim: Launch the Cow comic is lonely and needs a companion...

The "Making Of The Earthworm Jim Book" is a perfect companion to the comic bookk. It will also be hardbound, 9" x 12" and starts at 64 pages (But I KNOW we can do a lot better than that!). It has a comprehensive backstory on all of the main characters and villains. I think it's tacky to have too much expository dialogue on everyone's past, so it's better to unfurl that in this book. I give you the why behind the entire Earthworm Jim universe... and yes, I'm building a universe!

I recently had a reunion with the whole Earthworm Jim game team and I got to interview everyone. We talked about how Earthworm Jim came to be and I will document that many close calls and freak accidents that had to fall into place for it to happen. There will be team bios, and a catch up on what everyone has been doing over the last 25 years since we got together.

The Shiny Team section of the book has portraits of the talented artists, programmers and musician and the photos were even taken by David Perry the Earthworm Jim programmer!

I'll show every step of the comic book's production, from raw ideas on the white board to printing every notecard I used in breaking down the story. You'll see the raw pencilled pages, inked pages with washes applied and I even scan my script pages that are covered in pencil re-writes!

Who remembers this cartridge and packaging art by Mike Koelsch...?

I've asked Mike Koelsch to paint a new "90s-style EWJ cover" for the Making Of book! Koelsch will give a step-by-step story on how he illustrated EWJ including a sneak peek into his studio madness. (Check out Koelsch's website here: http://www.sporkunltd.com/) He has also allowed me to make prints of the cover and the original is available on our highest backer tier. I'll put it in a beautiful frame with matting so it's ready to hang in your home!
      Here's Mike giving step by step progress on the cover:

I've got perks where you can own the original comic pages, the book covers and enjoy frame-worthy prints plus a perk where I will draw you an original signed Earthworm Jim head-sketch in your book!

3 ART PRINTS!
      I hope to make three collectable prints with each Earthworm Jim book by guest artists, and these are the first three. Note: They will only be offered on this campaign and won't be offered on any future campaigns. The first is by Mike Koelsch, the artist who did all of the cartridge and packaging illustrations for Earthworm Jim 1 and 2. The next two are from the CreatureBox boys Greg and Dave!

Click here to learn more about CreatureBox: http://creaturebox.com/

FUND THE TEAM:
      The funds will go to a costly print run, my letterer Eric Weathers, flatter Radka Kavalcova, my colorist Katherine Garner, book designer Joe Potter and shipping fees. Here's a sampling of the team's test pages so far:

The Art of Bookmaking
      I've spent years making graphic novels and Earthworm Jim is probably my most well-known creation, yet his story hasn't been told. This is my chance to do the best job I can to entertain you and your backing will make this book a fantastic work of art.

I don't see comics as disposable rags made to read once then toss aside. I spend a lot of time writing and story and crafting every page and merely reading some thin floppy or a PDF isn't the experience I'm going for. This book will be something you can enjoy for a lifetime, it's literature, not pop-garbage and I want to stand on the tip-toes of my ability to reach for the highest possible craft I can accomplish! 

My track record in this arena has few peers. I Kickstarted two sketchbook archives where we managed leather covers, gold gilded edges and the best printing money can buy. These are one-of-a-kind collector's items that are not available in stores. The book honors the backers who made them happen. I write for the most diverse audience imaginable, and the backers constantly tell me, "I got more than I paid for!" 

If you look at my books that are made outside of Indiegogo, you'll see that they don't have the over-the-top printing production I can pull off through crowd funding. Only through Indiegogo will you find foil-stamped gold cover art, UV gloss coatings, embossing and de-bossing! I hope to explore new printing techniques that make these hard bound books the kind of items you show off to your friends with a durability that ensures a great re-read for the rest of your life!

For more on the Bigfoot Bill campaign click here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/doug-tennapel-s-bigfoot-bill-graphic-novel/x/838702#/
      I spend a lot of time putting these books together, it's time away from my family and I've dedicated my art philosophy and have the highest commitment to being transparent to my backers, include them in every step of the process and take the moral contract between backer & creator seriously.

Why Beale Air Force Base?
      When Crew Chief Matt Konar was allowed to choose any artist to paint the nose art on his KC135 refueling plane he wanted something like his favorite character Earthworm Jim! A friend put us in contact, and I designed the artwork for the plane and attended the commissioning ceremony on May 5th. The whole base came out and I felt so humbled to get to help America's finest that I wanted to do something special for those folks and give YOU that same feeling. 

By backing the Beale Air Force tier, I hope to send one copy of the Earthworm Jim comic to all 800 people on that base just in time for Christmas! As a thank you, I will send you a signed book!

Here's a sample page from the comic:

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915262526/fred-perrys-gold-digger-frederal-reserve-gold-bric

It's time to print and release the newest volume of the GOLD BRICK SERIES, the GOLD DIGGER FREDeral Reserve which compiles a multitude of the Gold Digger  spin-offs and ancillary series.   If you supported the previous Gold Bricks, thank you very much, and we hope you support this campaign too. With a load of great standalone and continuity pickup stories, this collection makes a great jumping-on point for any new readers, as well as awesome reading for longtime fans. THESE ISSUES HAVE NEVER BEEN COLLECTED INTO ONE VOLUME BEFORE. Between its black-and-white and full-color issues, the main Gold Digger series is fast approaching the 300-issue mark and is going strong!  (Including material like that being compiled into the FREDeral Reserve, GD is already well past that milestone!)
      If you're not familiar with us, my name is Joeming Dunn, and I run Antarctic Press, a small, independent comic company started in 1984. I have personally collected comics of almost every type and genre since 1974, and I can say that during the past 30 years, we have published some of the greatest and best independent comics out there. Our publishing history includes titles like Gold Digger and Ninja High School. The comic industry has changed over the years, so we have started this Kickstarter program to help introduce new projects from our talented group of creators.
      Prominent among the many series we have published over the years is Fred Perry's ingenious title, Gold Digger, which Fred describes as a mixture of Indiana Jones and Final Fantasy. The idea for Gold Digger was first conceived during Fred's tour of duty in the first Gulf War, and it debuted in Antarctic Press's anthology comic, Mangazine, in 1991. A four-issue miniseries followed in 1992, and a regular monthly black-and-white series followed starting in 1993. The current color series began in 1999 and has continued since then. It is the second-longest-running solo-created title in the industry. Among comic books with female leads, its run is second only to Wonder Woman.  In 2013, Fred was honored at Comic Con International in San Diego, where he received an Inkpot Award for his work on Gold Digger.
      Over the past years, we have released other Gold Bricks as Kickstarter projects. This Gold Brick is outside the numbering system of the main-series Bricks, so no potentially confusing volume numbers this time! If you haven't seen or read Gold Digger, this is your chance to enjoy one of the best and longest-running ongoing series in comics. Like the other Bricks, this one lets new readers join in easily, so you don't have to be shy!
      Over the next few years, we'll go back to reprint the other volumes to match the new Kickstarter printings' format. We want everyone to have nice editions. In addition to reasons already mentioned, during previous campaigns, many backers have asked us to collect these series, since many of these issues are difficult to find. 
      So what is included in this Gold Brick?
      A Science Affair Asrial vs Cheetah GD Minus 18 Gina vs Penny (GvP) Gold Digger Dreadwing's Mymior Gold Digger Adventures WHEW...that's quite a line up.
      What are we going to do with the Kickstarter money?
      Plain and simple, we're going to print and ship the Gold Digger FREDeral Reserve Gold Brick.
      The FREDeral Reserve Gold Brick is over 600 pages, many of which are in full color. Printing the actual books is the biggest single expense. The first print run of a typical Gold Brick is quite costly, as most printers require a minimum run to make it cost-effective. We are thus using Kickstarter to assist us with those costs. If the amount seems high, you must remember that we are printing at least a thousand copies of a 600+ page book. Another cost is shipping: First we will have to ship the books from the printer to our offices, and once we get them, send copies to all our supporters and distributors. Several thousand pounds of books represents a significant shipping expense.
      Here is a breakdown of our expenses.
      Printing: $12,500 (which includes hard and softcover)
      Shipping: $3,000 (Sending a 600-page book is costly, especially overseas.  The cost for shipping just one copy overseas is now around $34.)
      Fees: $1500 (Kickstarter takes their fees off the top)
      Handling/Supplies: $1500 (We have to pay for boxes and pay people to pack those boxes.)
      That does not include cost for sending the large PDF files to all the supporters and other miscellaneous costs.
      Those basic expenses total $18,500.
      So what do you get?
      The brick is 6 x 9 inches and will contain AT LEAST the series we mentioned above.

• By Shpam
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/procession-of-the-plague-cult

A set of 13 hand sculpted 28mm scale sinister robed figures, for all of your pulp, horror and fantasy games.

I backed Midlam’s Village of Witches and was very happy with them. The minis are very well cast and pretty reasonably priced.

I’m particularly fond of the guy with the bells.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947678637/kuzunoha-the-fox-of-shinoda-and-other-stories?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Hi to all and welcome in my new Kickstarter campaign! this is a little campaign, composed by three busts. Each of them is a part of a story, a legend born from folklore or...yes, why not, by me. So, let's begin to show you my three last works!
        Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda (large size bust)
       Kuzunoha is a popular kitsune in the japanese folklore. She was the kami of Shinoda's temple and, assuming human form, she got married with the poet Abe no Yasuna. From this love was born Seimei, a legendary Wizard. Foxes, in Japanese mitology are powerful demons and i feel myself linked to this mystical figure. Kuzunoha is a  resin bust high 10 cm and composed by four components to assemble with glue and paint. 
      Windo the traveler (Small size bust) 
      Windo is a little bust high 5cm and composed by three components. Windo is a mage...a bard and an old traveler. He tell stories to every one that want to speak with him. 
      Sometime, when I play with my immagination, I like to think that Windo is myself in the next 30 and in another world full of magic...yes...for me is really funny. So, take a look! 
      this is Windo!
        Le Chat, the monster hunter (Kickstarter edition) (large size bust)
      Le Chat is already produced but this model is really important for me so I wanna give him some optional part and create some new version of this model. This character is inspired by the cat with the boots and  by some videogame. Is an interesting kit composed by much components, much of them optional. In this special edition, Le chat has two optional medallion, a chaos star and an head cat! Hope that you like this model high 8 cm and composed by 10 components ( optional parts included)
         Medallions of Lechat Kickstarter edition
        IMPORTANT!!! In this campaign the principal rewards are two LARGE SIZE BUSTS and one SMALL SIZE BUST so, if you choose only one of the two busts, you'll be able to order  Kuzunoha or Le Chat at the end of the campaign!
      the optional medallions of Le Chat At the end of the campaign, you'll receive anyway the optional medallions of Le Chat for free!!!
      Medusa shield if your order will be over  € 50, will be also included a special gift for you, the medusa's shield! This is a bonus gift and in a limited edition. Is the shield of one of my models, Alcibiades the centaur. Is a little object molded in resin and golden powder
        For every question or help, please, contact me. I am at your disposal!
        The production of this little set will start really soon you'll receive your rewards shortly after the end of this campaign!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)