Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

The Heresy Miniatures Dragon - Production Wave II

Andy over at Heresy Miniatures has done something I thought he’d never do. Launch a second production run of his infamous dragon. 

Link to the Live Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresyminiatures/the-heresy-miniatures-dragon-production-wave-ii/description

B8E6ADD3-8C03-4F4D-A04E-305DED43F9AD.thumb.jpeg.d0f4edd146a4a678a84ac969708fcb43.jpeg

-B459DC66-6A70-404E-8A83-F1A2644A065B.jpeg.a92d075bf2cc15660f10caec0b86c5c5.jpeg

I know there’s at least a couple of us here who have this dragon from it’s original production run. Haven’t attempted to assemble mine yet. It’s a huge beast of a model and is definitely for experienced hobbyists.

I wish Andy all the best for his kickstarter but I am very concerned he’s going back into production on this. The original run nearly ruined him and his company, it’s a long story, and it took years for him to get everyone their dragons.

The price for the dragon has gone up since then, substantially so. I really hope he has the financial end of this worked out.

Its a great dragon though.

5B63AA0E-9636-4E4D-886A-43AB4E041BB2.jpeg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Project is Live
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Beautiful, but that's one expensive beast!

I know. Couldn’t afford it now. Works out to about $595.00 Canadian.

Which is a steal compared to Forgeworlds latest dragon at $720.00 Canadian.

Thank the deity of your choice for Reaper and their affordable dragons.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I know. Couldn’t afford it now. Works out to about $595.00 Canadian.

Which is a steal compared to Forgeworlds latest dragon at $720.00 Canadian.

I've got  a few minis from his line plus the original Netherlord. It has sat in a heavy duty clamp/stand for over 14 years now.....Some day I'll get back to it. I've at least got a base picked out for it.....::D:

Wishing Andy luck on his newest project!!

• Like 3

aaaaaaaaah :zombie:
Love this beast, but the price is waaaay to hight for me :down:

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

:winkthumbs: thanks Reaper!

• Like 1

Yikes. It is a heck of a dragon, but the moneys. Oof. If each one takes a day to cast, and production costs are high, I get a high price tag. But... ouch ouch. That'll be a nope for me. 

• Like 2

Like the dragon, not fond of the pose.  for me, its just to scrunched up.  I understand the reasons for it, but still it would be so much prettier to have it a little less scrunched up.  he is also too expensive for my wallet at this time. 

Best of luck to the project!

• Like 1

Over on the Heresy Facebook page Andy has posted a pic of the Heresy Dragon next to the Heresy Giant on his workbench along with a small human sized mini between them for scale.

DD1E3008-A7DC-4638-9005-9754EFF42714.thumb.jpeg.02101814fc3d6ca45febb02ec9ddeb4e.jpeg

No question about it. These are big minis.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Yikes. It is a heck of a dragon, but the moneys. Oof. If each one takes a day to cast, and production costs are high, I get a high price tag. But... ouch ouch. That'll be a nope for me. 

And perhaps you'll understand why some of us thought that CMON's two foot tall Cthulhu was a steal at $150?

£1 or more

ABOUT $1.30

Sarcastic Support

This gets you onto the comments board where you can sneer and snipe and pour scorn and be really a generally awful human 

I really love this!  I'm not keen on picking up a massive dragon at the moment, but this is a reward that I might find myself interested in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brother Jim
      Right now it's just a Notify Me page.
      Not sure when it goes Live, but it's set to let me know.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legionsofsteel/classic-legions-of-steel-scifi-35mm-metal-miniatures?mc_cid=0895778c30&mc_eid=38a9aa806c
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mapalchemists/rpg-community-moral-support-maps-and-art-packs-for-5/description

Nice guy, his maps are good (backed him before) and doing a good thing here.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/necromals-eternal-lethargy?ref=ksr_email_user_new_friend_project

Story
        Depending on the amount of orders received for each project, delivery dates might vary. The initial shipment dates indicated are not final, and even though we're committed to giving all our customers the best service we can, sometimes the amount of orders received might make the final shipment date vary compared to our initial estimates. Please keep this possibility in mind before placing your order.
      Regarding both the bundles and the stretch goals described above, no swaps of model of any kind are allowed. Therefore, please don’t ask us to swap any stretch goal with other add-ons or any perk models with other miniatures, because that cannot be done.
      We created something for those who like to not take themselves too seriously, for those who would like to relax while painting - with less details, but by no means not enough of them - for those who love their minis with a side dose of cuteness overload and, finally, for those who might have children to introduce to miniature gaming, by giving all of these people something that players will love (or hate, as the case may be) no matter their age!
      Wait a minute… delivery estimated after only two week after the campaign ends? A Greebo campaign?!
      Oh yes, and here’s why: because we’ve started production already! We’re convinced that we can reach the campaign goal, at the least, and that’s why we started the manufacturing process of everything. Therefore, the second you complete your Pledge Manager (let us remind all of you, if you don’t complete it, there will be no shipment, so do it!) your package will be processed and sent, just like that.
      We want to open and close this campaign in record time, and we’re confident that we can do it!
      Physical Prototypes Size Comparison     *Meatwork will come in Resin and metal parts             *Meatwork will come in Resin and metal parts
    • By Maledrakh
      So we are nearing the end of the road. This is the very last of the 163 miniatures in the Bones 4 Core set!
      Last but not least! Or more accurately, Last and the largest by far!

Who am I? I am known as Millstone Shover, Barrel Drinker, Demon Rider and Camel Puncher! But I am no one when compared to you, O Gauth the Magnificent! Gauth the Golden! Gauth the Tremendous! Gauth the Unassessably Wealthy! Gauth the Mighty! Gauth the Terrible! Gauth the Stupendous! Gauth the Tyrannical! Gauth the Impenetrable! Gauth the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities! Gauth the Does Not Fit In Standard Shelving!

Tommy Too Tall here is about 27cm / over 10 inches tall! I made him a 125mmx100mm base to keep him stable. I had some drooping woes that I have documented in my fixing Droopy The Dragon post back in November of last year.
      I can categorically and firmly state that the fixes have ....worked! Gauth has been standing tall and proud these last few months with no sign of any renewed droopage. I experimented with removing the knee-brace for a while, but then he sorta slumped, so I put it back.

Painting: Black undercoat. Scalecolor Navy Blue all over. When dry, I drybrushed the green parts with Citadel Base Waaagh Flesh, Vallejo Game Color Jade Green 72.026, and Jade Green mixed with Scalecolor Hellbound Flesh SFG-16 in two steps.
      The Blue parts are done in the Navy Blue drybrushed with Army Painter Crystal Blue and Vallejo Game Color Magic Blue 72.021. This was then mixed with Hellbound Flesh, with pure Hellbound Flesh on the top.
      The Yellow parts are Vallejo Model Color Khaki Grey 70.880 with Citadel Layer Iyanden Yellow, with Scalecolor Hykey Yellow (a yellowy bone) on top.
      Plus some small details such as eyes, tongue and teeth in other colours I do not remember which paints I used.

So now the task is done! Challenge complete! Achievement unlocked!

But the road goes ever on and on...

#7 Gauth the Dragon
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      125x100mm base.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      http://kck.st/2OP1igG

Kobolds Vs. Goblins is a game designed, tested, built and played by my son Max and me (You saw him in the video).  The concept was something we came up with for a contest on The Game Crafter using roll & write mechanics.  What we ended up making was a fast and fun game that can be played by people of any age.  It's quick and easy to learn and setup is as easy as opening the box. 
       Max and I decided that people shouldn't be forced to buy our game just to play it.  So, you are free to download the full color print and play version of the game using this link.   FREE PRINT AND PLAY  (including solo mode) You'll need 6 normal D6 dice and something to mark the paper.  (For prototyping, we used clear cubes, but pencil with eraser will work also)

I'll admit... I have no idea how those of you who share KS from others include all the details and fancy stuff. I clearly didn't do this correctly. Munchkin Metropolis traditionally does woodcrafting, and I've been very satisfied with the quality and production time that's come from my prior interactions with him. Figured I'd try and get the word out about his current KS, which he developed with his son.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)