That would make for a interesting wax seal stamper.

Awesome gift!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, haldir said:

That would make for a interesting wax seal stamper.

Awesome gift!!

I love using my wax seal stampers for holiday cards! Got some wax candles on blowout the other day from Hobby Lobby:)

• Like 3

That is seriously cool. It's a great gift idea.

Your design looks (to me) somewhat reminiscent of some ancient Greek coin designs. Were those an influence on you, or is this a case of great minds thinking alike?

Edited by klarg1
remove personal name
  • Like 4

What an awesome idea. 

I always love the gifts that show someone put a lot of thought into the gift and recipient. 

• Thanks 1

That is an amazing gift idea, not to mention a great use of that extra bronze you've got left over now that you are using pewter for the armatures!

Kang

• Like 3

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

Your design looks (to me) somewhat reminiscent of some ancient Greek coin designs. Were those an influence on you, or is this a case of great minds thinking alike?

Not consciously anyway.

As I have been continuing this, I am finding that the real challenge will be to sculpt in a neat and clean 8 pt font on a curve. :wacko:

Here is the mock up for the text:

CoinText.jpg.1d5170e0d8d4e1a2db5c9cac48b5c6bc.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not consciously anyway.

As I have been continuing this, I am finding that the real challenge will be to sculpt in a neat and clean 8 pt font on a curve. :wacko:

Here is the mock up for the text:

CoinText.jpg.1d5170e0d8d4e1a2db5c9cac48b5c6bc.jpg

This might be an obvious comment, but it looks to me like you would want to move the '2018' about 5° clockwise on the curve to center it below the gap. Are you thinking of using a printout and something like a pounce wheel to get the outlines of the letters?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

This might be an obvious comment, but it looks to me like you would want to move the '2018' about 5° clockwise on the curve to center it below the gap. Are you thinking of using a printout and something like a pounce wheel to get the outlines of the letters?

The Owl's tail goes there.

I haven't yet figured out how to transfer this to the sculpt, short of hand drawing it.  I'm pretty good at hand lettering, so...

• Like 4

One option might be to get the disc, complete with outline and lettering, produced by a stamp manufacturer. Then you can transfer your owl sculpting to that to make a composite master.

• Like 2

New life goal: Become cool enough to be worthy of being able to call Talespinner "Peeps"

My wife spent six months in college studying in Athens. She got Athena's owl from the old Greek coin tattooed on her ankle to commemorate going. I do see a little bit of a resemblance. I agree that this may be a case of great minds thinking alike!

Edited by GHarris
  • Like 4