aku-chan

Echoes of Death:- The Fighter WIP

Started working on the Echoes of Death set. I have the whole set, but I also have an appalling track record when it comes to actually finishing my Kingdom Death figures, so I'm just building and painting them one at a time.

Starting with the Fighter (who's gigantic):-

Vo3eXQd.jpgcTVyLZ1.jpg

So far, I've made a start on her skin:-

Fexg7HH.jpg

It's a basecoat of 1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin with a Flesh Shade Wash.

I stopped here and took a piccy so I could get some idea of where her eyes are, I think buying some sort of magnifier is in my future.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Thanks everybody!

On 10/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, Darcstaar said:

Great start.

Good news, she’s got no eyes!

Seriously, I can’t see any eyes under her hair.

Just because no one can see them doesn't mean they're not there ::D:

Progress:-

1RaIHr3.jpg

Finished off her skin with highlights of 1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin and 1:1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin/Light Skin, also basecoated her hair in Warlord Purple to frame her face better.

Then I attempted to paint her danged eyes.

It took a few tries but I finally managed a decent right eye (it was more luck than skill), the left one though is about 2/3's obscured by hair and my poor brain can't grasp the idea of painting a bit of a eye (plus my hands aren't really up the painting an area that small), so all attempts ended with her having a giant eye filling the whole space. In the end, I decided it was best to just leave it flesh coloured and hope no one notices.

And now I'm too shaky for any more painting today.  

• Like 12

MaNfbsq.jpg

Highlighted up her hair (1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink > Squid Pink > 1:1 Squid Pink/Off-white), thinking about making a Warlord Purple wash to smooth things out, but I'm not sure, going to come back to it after dinner. 

• Like 12

Thanks everybody!

Finally felt perky enough to do a bit of painting today:-

s3YHIa1.jpg

I knocked back the highlights on her hair a bit with a glaze of Warlord Purple.

Then I painted up her Lantern Armour boots (Oily Steel > Black Wash > Oily Steel) with (Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze) spiky bits and (Brown Leather > Brown Wash > Brown Leather > 1:1 Brown Leather/Bonewhite) straps.

I've made a start on her two-tone stocking tops, they're Magic Blue and Scarlett Red with a Brown Wash so far.

• Like 10

On 11/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, Redd Knekk said:

The skin tone is perfect right now. Are you using MSP?

Thanks!

No, at this point I've pretty much totally moved over to the Vallejo paint range.

Ul4a9GI.jpg1EHrxet.jpg

She's a little shiny because I forget to take piccys before varnishing.

Finished off her stocking tops with another coat of either Magic Blue or Scarlett Red.

Then I painted her Screaming Fur skirt (1:1 Leather Brown/Ochre Yellow > Ochre Yellow > 1:2 Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite > Sepia Wash), with the inside of the skirt being 2:1 Old West Rose/Leather Brown with a Sepia Wash. There was also part of strap (Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Bonewhite) with a Brassy Brass buckle.

Next, her bag of mystery.

• Like 9

A rather late thanks!

The dice have chosen this one to come back to the table:-

Od8LSGb.jpgPYifuI1.jpg

Painted her mystery bag, the outside is Steel Grey, shaded with Steel Grey plus two brushtipfuls of Pure Black and highlighted with 1:1 Steel Grey/Wolf Grey.

The inside is Parasite Brown, shaded with Brown Wash, highlighted with Parasite Brown and 1:1 Parasite Brown/Iraqi Sand and glazed with thinned Parasite Brown.

I also painted her belts and bag tie (Leather Brown > Brown Wash > Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash)  with Bronze studs and face-buckle.

Then I broke her headband again (for the fourth or fifth time), so I set her down while the glue dried.

XlWSWLR.jpg

Then I started on her various cloth bits using the same Steel Grey scheme as her bag.

...Then I broke her headband again.

Not reattaching it until I'm finished this time.

• Like 9

Progressing slowly:-

RekfL5J.jpgkGCT3Ez.jpg

Finished her arm wraps with with straps of Beastly Brown > Brown Wash > 1:1 Beastly Brown/Ochre Yellow, shoulder and torso armour in Red Leather > Brown Wash > Red Leather > 1:1 Red Leather/Ochre Yellow, and some Brown Leather straps with Brassy Brass studs and hoops.

I would have gotten a bit further, but I keep finding bits I've missed hiding under her hair. 

• Like 9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Bones 4 core set #20.  Could not find a release # for him yet.  I took this guy and a few of his pals to Reapercon to work on in my spare time (ha!) and got him base coated using some of the new Pathfnder paint set.  I couldn't help but notice the chickens and the look of terror on his face, thus the name.   Finished him with a basic drybrush and wash for table top play. 

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Mr. Lovely Locks (aka Gadrock), a character from the game Kingdom Death:- Monster. He's prepared to face the unspeakable horrors lurking in the darkness with nothing more than a jawbone knuckleduster and an overgrown fringe.

Really pleased with this one, I'm happy with how his skin turned out and I didn't make a mess painting all those cuts he's acquired. 

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      I have a Lion:-

A Gigalion in fact.

I have some Hunters:-

Lets do this thing.

Started with the first Hunter:-

I'm calling him Mr. Lovely Locks.

Made some progress:-

Done his skin so far (Dwarf Skin > Flesh Wash > Dwarf Skin > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Light Skin), plus some 1:1 Scarlett Red/Dwarf Skin claw marks and an Old Rose nipple.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Well then ... it's done! We ... are done. After a rather short ride, I finally arrived at the end. Five minutes before lock-down I handed in my "Animals in War" painting challenge entry. As always, it consists of a small background story, together with a more or less well painted miniature.

Find the WIP ->here<-

I am not all to happy with it, I could have done a lot better, but it's okay. And in the end, I messed up the pictures as well. The good thing is: I could have done worse. *sigh* But well - can't help it. So, here she comes.

I tried to translate the original text to English, so if there are mistakes ( I am sure there will be) feel free to correct me.

As always: Feel free to comment, but if you just want to say "nice" or "cool", leave a like instead, because I value those as a nod to my participation in the forums. I really don't need "cool"s or "nice"s.

The Light Fantastic
      She sat by the wall, held her breath and listened.
      After a while, the tripping of many feet broke through the silence.
      Carefully the warrior woman looked up. She expected to see the enemy's face at any moment. But nothing like that happened.
      Instead, she could hear a voice, sending shivers down her spine. A calm, mocking pronunciation, unmistakable and probably unique in the world.
      "Hey, Evi," the unknown speaker shouted, "You can show yourself. I know you're out there."
      She took a deep breath, smiled grimly and pressed the lamp tighter to her chest.
      Yes, of course. He knew. He wasn't stupid. Quite the opposite. He was very intelligent - considering the fact he was a baboon. Call it arrogance, but it had been a mistake of the humans to believe monkeys to be of lower intelligence.
      It was the humans who were stupid. I renewed attempts, the succeeded in raising the intelligence of the primates to a level that even they could not reach. Made a joke about it - called them "Spartavians".
      Until that day, when the monkeys founded the SAS, the Special Ape Service, and began to overrun the human centers of civilization. The humans had no chance against the highly gifted animals - and soon they found themselves in a Stone Age created by the primates.
      All in the name of nature.
      But Evi was not willing to give all the power to the very hairy attackers.
      "Come out, come out, wherever you are! What is it? Have you lost your voice?," the Spartavian asked.
      She looked at the lantern in her hand. The light was dim, it's flame almost extinguished. It had used up most of its fuel over the long time of her mission.
      She sighed, then took a deep breath and turned the handle - which actually was an ignition mechanism. It clicked into place. A crunchy sound appeared. Suddenly, the light flickered as if it had just been supplied with new life energy.
      Evi counted quietly to three, rose up a little and threw the lantern as high as she could over the wall. With an almost inaudible noise the explosive disappeared from her field of vision.
      Nerve-shattering heartbeats later the clapping sound of two hands catching an object sounded.
      "But ... that's a lantern! I always wanted to have one like that"; the monkey remarked enthusiastically. "Wonderful! It will make a great addition to my front doo ..."
      A hollow bang cut off his last words.
      Slowly the warrior woman rose from her hiding place, wiping her mouth and nose. She breathed theatrically before addressing the just blown-up enemy. "Yippieyayeh! ape-face," she spat towards the quickly evaporating cloud of smoke.
      "Evi!" With a weak plop, similar to the distant bursting of a synapse, Evi returned to reality and looked up.
      The baboon on the other side of the fence stared at her with a mentally deranged look, then shrugged his shoulders and turned away.
      "Evi! I don't like it when you play around in front of the monkey house," Mama said sternly. "What will the neighbours think of use, when they see you talking to baboons?"
      "Child, you have too much imagination," Grandma said laughing before turning to Mama. "Maybe she should watch less television?"
      "I'll suggest it to Harold," Mama nodded and took her daughter away from the monkey cage. "But now we're going to the saltwater aquarium."
      "Saltwater? Are there any sharks?" the girl asked hopefully.
      "Sharks?" Mama laughed. "No. But little whales."
      The girl's eyes widened. "Whales?" she asked in disbelief.
      A small puddle in front of them started to move. At first the water only seemed to vibrate, rippled and splashed quietly, then it exploded into a fountain.
      A huge humpback whale emerged from the seething floods and crashed onto the floor slabs of the path.
      The huge monster crawled towards them on its pectoral fins, the remains of an arm hanging out between bloody, shredded baleen plates.
      "Hello Evi," the scarred monster greeted her with a sinister pirate voice. "I have learned how to eat meat."
      The warrioress Evi pulled her knife out of the sheath. A light smile crept on her lips, waited there for a moment and vanished, making room for an answer that you could only expect from any good warrior. "And I know how to fillet fish."

->Linked because of nipples!<-
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 4 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)