Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Presenting Lysette, a mage from the Bones USA line by Reaper.
Started on this one back in January, but got stuck on her dress so she spent a while in the Cupboard Of Unfinished Things.
Unfortunately, my camera doesn't like her sky blue hair and it's really blown the colours out, she looks a tad better in hand.
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
....and when the last crumbs of hope were lost, from the deeps of the elven forest, came a heroine!
Alright, this happened to be an interesting project. I'm guessing Fiara lost a bunch of details when going from metal to plastic bones. At some point, I felt like there wasn't much to work with. I ended up free-handing some of the details. Also, blacklining seemed to help quiet a lot. I originally wanted to use metalics on the sword, but at the last moment decided for NMM.
As always, all sorts of feedback is welcomed! 🙂
P.S. For the love of God, I could not take a good picture of her! (or a picture that would satisfy my likeness). So, I'm dumping a few extras in here.
I love me some weekend painting!
Got another one from the 90's batch of Ral Partha's. This one is a Drow Elf. Was feeling like trying some of the darker skin tones after watching another RVE on it. Feels pretty good!
* Skin combo: Black Brown, Black Red, Orange Red. Used in conjunction with one another. The highlights are still on the darker side, but you can still make out muscle and shape. Win!
* Used copper/brown combo to bring this guy to life. Feels very warm, but still needs some kind of "pop" color somewhere. I tried to make that happen on the fletchings on the bolts, but feels like it needs more.
* Gradient work on the weapon. I was trying to think of it radiating heat, since this is the underdark afterall. I wasn't able to pull off a glowing effect or OSL, but it seems like it works.
* The face - getting the mustache, side burns, and eyes to really pop was fun. I feel VERY happy about the eyes.
* Not wild about the accessories colors.
* Questioning the color chosen for the sword.
* Was messing around a few times on what parts were wood, metal, or otherwise on the crossbow. Meh.
* Hair is still an area I struggle with. I did 3 layers on this one. Deep grey, light grey, white. I feel it comes out strong, but not super good on showing definition or volume in the hair.
Always open to any feedback anyone has.
I'm also curious to think of what kind of base to put this guy on. Any thoughts?
Who's Online 21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)