Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Das Schwarze Auge 15500f Female Elf Ranger, by Pingo

DSA had miniatures from the 80's

I have a few, some painted, some unpainted.

Very nice figures, some are still available from Ral Partha Europe.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Did they make Kobrans?

I don't know. I found the Das Schwarze Auge miniatures on the Ral Partha Europe site but I didn't look at them all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peithetairos
      My next project is another ranger. I already have a cool male elf ranger, but thought it might be nice to add a female version. So going through the Bones minis I came across Nienna.

Unfortunately her face detail was very shallow and detail was overall a bit hit and miss. I love the pose, though.

Out comes the scalpel, greenstuff and bitz box.

Two evening sessions later I swapped the head and weapon, shaved away some of the front detail and resculpted the area.

I am not entirely finished yet, but soon I can establish the base colours. 

• By Shadespyre
      Not seen many painted examples of this mini, which is odd because I love the pose and demeanour of her. I've sketched in the basic colours but it's not really speaking to me at this point. I think I could do something with tweaking some shades and maybe introducing a spot colour to lift it. I can't decide how to paint the tassles, for example. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears - which reminds me, I added big elfy ears to the model, should it look odd to anyone. I'd love to see anyone else's version of this mini, too.

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By Rigel
      I've had this one in the works for a while. She's a little more cheerful and Art Noveau than most of the rest of my Miskatonic staff, but that's okay! Misk.U. cultivates eccentrics of all types. She seems to be handling the job just fine. And those pointed ears indicate she's already survived a brush with chaos, or perhaps has a little bit of eldritch in her. 

Her colleagues are a Stonehaven halfling librarian and a Black Cat librarian/cultist. Gave them both a minor touch-up for this shoot.
    • By Lostraven
      This is one of my favourite minis and I have been working on it for awile. I hmmd and hawd about how to base it but finalluy decided to do a simple raised cork base.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)