Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Militia Miniatures -- The Bad Guys

Pendraken is a company that does a wide range of 10mm historical and fantasy minis.  Occasionally under other trade names  they branch out into some other

stuff like terrain or larger figs.  In this case they are doing 28mm moderns under the trade name Militia Miniatures.  Since their very friendly forum is my second

home as far as posting about the hobby,  I figured I would share this  here even though I don't really do modern conflicts.

9e25b8ff675153b2c326a6abaa3470d0_origina

What is Militia Miniatures?

Militia Miniatures was first launched through Kickstarter in 2014, with an initial set of 10 modern mercenary personalities.  139 backers helped us reach our

goal and all of the pledges were delivered within 2 months!  It's taken a bit longer than we'd hoped but we're now back with a fantastic new sculptor and another

50 sculpts, all suitable for wargaming, roleplaying, or simply collecting and painting!

For this project, we've had 50 new 28mm sculpts produced by the extremely talented Paolo Fabiani, which are all waiting to go into moulds.  If we can hit and

exceed our target then we've got some nice extra goals planned... 

Here is the link to the KS.

• Like 3

Hmm... many of these, and the Survivalists in particular, look like they should be plenty useful in various near future/post-apoc settings, too. I might just have to get a pack or three on this one, more within budget than some big pledge KS atm.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:25 AM, Arkady said:

Hmm... many of these, and the Survivalists in particular, look like they should be plenty useful in various near future/post-apoc settings, too. I might just have to get a pack or three on this one, more within budget than some big pledge KS atm.

That’s what I was thinking too. The survivalists and the rioters look interesting, certainly the most characterful.

Hoping they’ll reach the robots stretch goal. That’d likely decide me on this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

They have some robots for sale already.  Seems that stretch goal gets some new sculpts done and makes them available through the KS.

Thanks. Wasn’t aware they already had some at retail. I’ll go look them up.

EDIT: Hmm... Not much in the way of robots on their retail site, and what I saw I wasn’t impressed with.

Hope they’ve something new up their sleeves for this kickstarter.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

Well they added that robot stretch goal and are now working on this although with only a couple days to go sculpts won't be ready to see before the KS ends:

1980's European terrorists!

Leather jackets, bad hair, tight jeans, everything you need to take over Nakatomi Plaza and defeat that pesky chap in the vest.  We had a lot of excellent suggestions from folks over the past couple of days but these guys won the vote!  And it's quite appropriate at this time of year to be adding something from the best Christmas movie of all time...

• Like 1