Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Militia Miniatures -- The Bad Guys

Pendraken is a company that does a wide range of 10mm historical and fantasy minis.  Occasionally under other trade names  they branch out into some other

stuff like terrain or larger figs.  In this case they are doing 28mm moderns under the trade name Militia Miniatures.  Since their very friendly forum is my second

home as far as posting about the hobby,  I figured I would share this  here even though I don't really do modern conflicts.

9e25b8ff675153b2c326a6abaa3470d0_origina

What is Militia Miniatures?

Militia Miniatures was first launched through Kickstarter in 2014, with an initial set of 10 modern mercenary personalities.  139 backers helped us reach our

goal and all of the pledges were delivered within 2 months!  It's taken a bit longer than we'd hoped but we're now back with a fantastic new sculptor and another

50 sculpts, all suitable for wargaming, roleplaying, or simply collecting and painting!

For this project, we've had 50 new 28mm sculpts produced by the extremely talented Paolo Fabiani, which are all waiting to go into moulds.  If we can hit and

exceed our target then we've got some nice extra goals planned... 

Here is the link to the KS.

• Like 3

Hmm... many of these, and the Survivalists in particular, look like they should be plenty useful in various near future/post-apoc settings, too. I might just have to get a pack or three on this one, more within budget than some big pledge KS atm.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:25 AM, Arkady said:

Hmm... many of these, and the Survivalists in particular, look like they should be plenty useful in various near future/post-apoc settings, too. I might just have to get a pack or three on this one, more within budget than some big pledge KS atm.

That’s what I was thinking too. The survivalists and the rioters look interesting, certainly the most characterful.

Hoping they’ll reach the robots stretch goal. That’d likely decide me on this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

They have some robots for sale already.  Seems that stretch goal gets some new sculpts done and makes them available through the KS.

Thanks. Wasn’t aware they already had some at retail. I’ll go look them up.

EDIT: Hmm... Not much in the way of robots on their retail site, and what I saw I wasn’t impressed with.

Hope they’ve something new up their sleeves for this kickstarter.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

Well they added that robot stretch goal and are now working on this although with only a couple days to go sculpts won't be ready to see before the KS ends:

1980's European terrorists!

Leather jackets, bad hair, tight jeans, everything you need to take over Nakatomi Plaza and defeat that pesky chap in the vest.  We had a lot of excellent suggestions from folks over the past couple of days but these guys won the vote!  And it's quite appropriate at this time of year to be adding something from the best Christmas movie of all time...

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Suden
      Archon Studio (LOAD, Vanguard of War, Chronicle X) are branching into modular terrain. The project is now Live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915792245/1614419087?ref=6j5c5t&token=15b18208

Apparently it is "full plastic injection" so not the same as their minis. The concept seems interesting, but the preview page is far from finished, so it's hard to get a good grasp on prices (one "Starter Pledge" for $49 is all they currently have listed, along with a $20 add on). The whole magnetized modular wall system looks like it could have potential.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/swordstoneminis/the-goblins-28mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Digital render of the finished sculpts. In the last six or so years I have played a lot of tabletop games, ranging from Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons to smaller games like Frostgrave and Relicblade. I have fallen in love with the hobby of painting miniatures and everything surrounding it. A year ago I made plans to give something back and to add something to this hobby community I love so dearly.
      My background in digital game art helped me a lot since I was already familiar with the software to sculpt digitally. So I started working on a few miniatures I would like to produce. Most of them were abandoned in favor of better ideas, but eventually I created this set of three goblins. These goblins are each embodiments of the archetypes found in many of the games I love: the wizard, the fighter and the thief/ranger. 
      I spent the last year figuring out how to cast resin to the standards I saw in the products I enjoy and how to make sure digitally sculpted details translated well to the tabletop scale.
      These three figures are the end result of that progress, but hopefully the start of a lot more.
      I made this Kickstarter to cover the costs of the materials used and shipping, but mostly so I can bring these little goblins to your tabletop :)
      All miniatures will be multiple parts cast in resin and supplied unpainted, with a 25mm gaming base.
      The final resin casts.
    • By ced1106
      The KS is starting off with bases, and SG's unlock the terrain:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787010870/the-temple-of-chaos-quickstarter-resin-bases-and-terrain

• By Scylla Models
      KICKSTARTER: Tales from the Catacombs

They drag their feet one in front the other, deliberately, slowly. They  crawl out of their resting grounds. Out of the tombs to the fresh air,  slowly, unrestained. 
      Scylla Models is back presenting you a new range of Villains and Undead monsters for your collection. The models we present you are master casts  white metal (primed white for better result in the pictures), with the only exception of Zuula. She on her Night Terror is our first large monster and we decided to go resin. The results are quite impressive as you might see in the picture. If you want to know more about  us visit our website. 

KICKSTARTER: Tales from the Catacombs

• By Inarah
      I rescued Bonnie and Max from the box of goodwill and made them ready for table use, sharing a simplified palette of colors: blue, tan, green, and orange.  Max got a weapon swap, and some resculpting of the left arm because it was so much larger than the right it looked like it came off a different figure.   I reposed Bonnie slightly more upright than her original position.  They are both on CMON/Microarts graveyard bases. 

Max pulled his collar up against the wind and puled his old college scarf closer around his neck. "Come on Bonnie, there's nothing out here."

"I heard something over there,"  Bonnie replied. 

"It's a cat. I don't think we need to worry about it. "

• Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 357 Guests (See full list)