Adrift

Nothic (Bones ghast conversion)

I think there must be a shortage of Nothic figures because yours is not the first conversion I've seen.

This looks really good. A clever conversion effectively painted.

I wouldn't say

On 10/30/2018 at 9:41 AM, Adrift said:

having to use painting skills to cover up the sub-par sculpting skills. :lol:

is a problem. That's a normal part of artmaking, and you did it quite well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I think there must be a shortage of Nothic figures because yours is not the first conversion I've seen.

Pre-painted figure goes for 30 to 40 on the bay of E. Pretty sure when the first version came out years ago it was a uncommon. I'm not sure of the new version but it goes for high bucks as well. 

Awesome conversion work!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, Pingo said:

This looks really good. A clever conversion effectively painted.

I wouldn't say

is a problem. That's a normal part of artmaking, and you did it quite well.

Thanks Pingo! There was a nothic in the DND Miniatures line; somewhere in either Dragoneye, Archfiends, or Giant of Legend...I think Archfiends. So circa 2004. The scale of the figure was much too large for a 'medium-sized' enemy monster who's strengths weren't per se, strength. When I saw the artwork for the 5e version of the nothic, this figure immediately came to mind.::D:

On 11/2/2018 at 9:16 PM, haldir said:

Pre-painted figure goes for 30 to 40 on the bay of E. Pretty sure when the first version came out years ago it was a uncommon. I'm not sure of the new version but it goes for high bucks as well. 

Awesome conversion work!

Yeah, there is no way I'd drop that kind of money on an uncommon figure; though Bones made me sell off my collection bc I just didn't feel like I needed it anymore :lol:

• Like 1