Glitterwolf

Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

NOV. 30 :  There are many conspiracy theories out there, make up a funny one just for laughs. What is it?

ALTERNITAVE QUESTION : NOV. 30:  What's your best kitchen/cooking Life hack?

I can't tell you, because if I do then THEY'LL know that I know that they know about the thing that THEY don't want us to know about, and if THEY know that, then there's nowhere that'll be safe.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I can't tell you, because if I do then THEY'LL know that I know that they know about the thing that THEY don't want us to know about, and if THEY know that, then there's nowhere that'll be safe.

You are very wise to keep silent.

Who knows where BIG FRY agents are listening They could steal your idea.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

You are very wise to keep silent.

Who knows where BIG FRY is listening They could steal your idea.

Not just them. I periodically throw out plot ideas on other forums hoping that hollywood steals and makes use of them. I'm past the point of wanting credit for them, I just want interesting pulp movies again! 

(hasn't worked so far though.)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

Too many to list.  To reheat pizza and keep it crispy use a frying pan. Just a little oil wiped in the pan or use a teflon pan. Set the stove on Low heat and put a lid on the pan. In 5-10 minutes you have steaming hot, crisp bottom pizza slices. 

When a cookie or cake recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of vanilla use 1 whole tsp. It improves the flavor and makes it taste richer, like gourmet cookie shop cookies. 

You can cut out 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of sugar in most baking recipes without affecting the result. 

1 TB of lemon juice or vinegar mixed with 1/2 cup of milk is a good sub for buttermilk, especially if you don't normally keep that around. 

Line baking/casserole pans with foil for easy cleanup afterwards. 

Make sure you have all ingredients in front of you before you begin cooking/baking. 

If your recipe calls for vegetable oil and some kind of sticky syrup like molasses or honey, measure the oil first.  Then the syrup will slide out of the cup without scraping. 

Get a good probe thermometer. 

You can revive stale rolls, baguette, and tortillas with 5 minutes in a vegetable steamer. 

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Best kitchen hack? Use chicken broth instead of water when fixing instant rice. Bouillion cubes work too.

I guess I don't know what a life hack is, cause all those are just Sensible Things You Do :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, Glitterwolf said:

I've seen that listed for prices between 50 and 150 dollar/euro on the evilbay!

So yeah, definitely worth what someone is willing to pay..

Me? I would just paint that beauty!

I still have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It's such an old mini, I'm not sure it should just end up in my "I'll paint it sometime" pile :blink:

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Mine is make sure you share your home with an awesome cook/baker ::D:

Theirs is "make sure you always have more time than you think you need, especially when baking"

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

NOV. 30 :  There are many conspiracy theories out there, make up a funny one just for laughs. What is it?

I am not good at the conspiracy theory stuff, but when I was about 12 I invented a cryptid and convinced the neighborhood kids (and my brother) that it was real. It was called the Gwak, lived in the woods behind our house and we snuck out at night to go on Gwak hunts. 

Favorite Cooking hack:

When making ramen, put it in a pot on the stove, add some frozen veggies and add a whole in shell egg while the noodles cook. When done, put soup in bowl, peel and slice egg and add to bowl. Now the cheap ramen looks all fancy. 

You can also add frozen veggies to any box mac and cheese, rice mix, hamburger helper, or side starch thing to sneak in a serving of veggies and stretch it into a meal. Veggies covered in cheese are just as good as noodles covered in cheese. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I guess I don't know what a life hack is, cause all those are just Sensible Things You Do :rolleyes:

Agreed. I would call most of it basic life skills.  "Hack" is the term for something rough, informal, or slapdash. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, klarg1 said:

The Great Quisition is nothing but a thinly veiled plot to gather information which will be used for the targeting and delivery of glitter bombs.

That's ridicilous!

Here let me provide you with evidence that this is absolute nonsense

Spoiler

glbb.png.a0c84a36cb8567241470c67d6bcb97f2.png

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Mind-control stroopwafels. Need I say more?

Please report to your nearest WOOF Command Centre for re-education!

• Haha 6