Glitterwolf

Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

15 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Obviously the food shop next to the attraction will be a soupery. 

image.png.6036dfa31819c0156772e0e9ec968932.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Wonders if there is a way to do a Rocketship themed ride and Intra-park transport system... **** ponders ****

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

I was going to say "comfortable seating in the shade", but Lord of the Dish Pit had a better idea.

His idea really should be made a national standard. 

I think I'd enjoy a slow train (just enough to create a breeze) that wound through the park, so you could see all the sights, with stops now and then so you could get off and on at various places.  Some parks probably do that already. 

Six Flags over Texas had this back in the day. They looked like Wild West Steam engines, but full size, they blew steam and took on water (but that might have been for show ...SteamSFX) but for all I know they might have been little diesels.  

Anyway the track circled the outside boundary of the park, there were three stops, and I think you had to get additional tickets if you wanted to go around more than once. 

The RR is still there!!?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Flags_%26_Texas_Railroad

Six Flags & Texas Railroad

Edited by TGP
the war with Autocorrupt never ends
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

A room full of puppies where people can snuggle and play with them and one with kittens for the cat lovers.( aka M.E.O.W. traitors..).

Especially people who want pets but can't / are not allowed to have them could enjoy being with our furry friends for a while.

Of course this will be monitored to ensure the animal's well being.

These things do in fact exist. Started as a Japanese thing and caught on in other large cities where pet ownership is problematic. They are called Cat Cafes (or dog or hedgehog or guinea pig, etc.). You can get a beverage or snack, or sometimes they have a library and you can pet and snuggle and play with the animals. Often they are associated with a local animal shelter and some of them are available for adoption. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_café

Oh, cool. There is one in Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville, TX. A ReaperCon outing to go pet kitties could be fun. 

Also, I was somewhat incorrect. The first modern one was in Taiwan, but they really took off in Japan. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 9: Invent a new Theme Park Attraction, what is it?

A space for electronic musical instrument experimentation and exposure, things like theremins and laser harps.  Headphones will be provided.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Six Flags over Texas had this back in the day. They looked like Wild West Steam engines, but full size, they blew steam and took on water (but that might have been for show ...SteamSFX) but for all I know they might have been little diesels.  

Anyway the track circled the outside boundary of the park, there were three stops, and I think you had to get additional tickets if you wanted to go around more than once. 

The RR is still there!!?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Flags_%26_Texas_Railroad

Six Flags & Texas Railroad

According to that link, they are indeed steam powered, with oil as the fuel being burned. 

And given their age, they may as well be wild west engines, as they were built in 1897 and 1901!

Such a pity that so many steam locomotives have been switched over to diesel in a lot of places.  Steam is awesome. 

... Awww, no way... Maintenance issues have it so the future of the gorgeous steam locomotive at Fort Edmonton Park is uncertain...  Oh wait, budget was approved while they're renovating Fort Edmonton Park, Wooohooo! 

... Now to just wait two and a half years before I can ride it again! O_o

• Like 6

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 10 -11 : Show us an existing animal you painted in realistic colours.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Inarah said:

I was going to say "comfortable seating in the shade", but Lord of the Dish Pit had a better idea. 

I think I'd enjoy a slow train (just enough to create a breeze) that wound through the park, so you could see all the sights, with stops now and then so you could get off and on at various places.  Some parks probably do that already. 

Disneyland.:wub:

Walt Disney's original concept specified "it's all surrounded by a train".  That train has been salvation for untold millions of pair of aching feet.  Plus, it's a neat ride [all steam powered] and a great way to see so much of the park.

GEM

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 10 -11 : Show us an existing animal you painted in realistic colours.

Here's one I prepared earlier... Killer Frog, painted as corroboree frog which used to terrify me as a kid.... they were on stamps here...Mine turned out a little orange and I still need to fix the base, but I was pretty happy with it.

IMG_0516.thumb.jpg.5c32df8ba9eaeeba48c4ac87184f8919.jpg IMG_0608.jpg.3ade24a9259575b78e9d750f43d87fc5.jpg

Really hope you didn't mean painting a live animal, as frogs are kinda hard to catch and really refuse to sit still for painting. ::P:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 10-11: Show us an existing animal you painted in realistic colours.

I don’t recall ever painting an animal, realistic or otherwise....wait....wait....a foggy memory coalesces. The family dog when I was a kid was a Beagle/Black Spaniel **mix. We were painting something with white paint, he was mostly Black but with some tiny patches of brown and a white stripe.  He would not stay back and he ended up with some paint on him. Too long ago for pix.....so I looked for a similar one. 

c437cc0886e1fc6550e0b37b97ad721a.jpg

Change all the white fur on the head and paws to the brown color and ^ that is what my first dog looked like. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

I will have to settle for a miniature painted with a color scheme inspired by a naturally occurring animal as @Sibling  did. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 2:09 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 8:  You are gifted by a mutation, what will it be?

Increased mental capability. Photographic memory. Instant recall, that sort of thing. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:07 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 9: Invent a new Theme Park Attraction, what is it?

Microgravity laser tag. The Gate Is Down!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hmmn, have to go scrolling through photo archive.... 

Based on an iguana, IIRC:

DSCN0582.jpg.3c9f8cef90965df1c5a14b796b275ca0.jpg

Caracals:

DSCN0372.jpg.03df6737e1188861b93a5e791b6d7089.jpg

Fox:

DSCN9997.jpg.b89c390cae2e5375dc50dc5f48a2e215.jpg

Housecats:

DSCN9555.thumb.jpg.6ec1bb988d8f93c18fd36c2eb675919e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1