Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 10 -11 : Show us an existing animal you painted in realistic colours.

Mr. Stinky is probably as realistic as I get:-

1l8LNed.jpgPMZ6uQb.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I would, but the neighbour's cat has so far been uncooperative.

A mini will do!

Now gently put down that cat!

WAIT!!! Not like that!!

Throw away the gun!

Now put the cat on the ground and set it free!

*** Pfff that was close***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 9

On 11/10/2018 at 2:30 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 10 -11 : Show us an existing animal you painted in realistic colours.

The completed Mouslings are in Show Off already and I may have more by Monday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2018 at 2:30 AM, Glitterwolf said:

tendua-dsc_0934-portrait_loup.jpg

506989C9-6859-4EF4-AF54-2923867F7071.thumb.jpeg.4663bb5a302b709ea7bf1add69e79126.jpeg

2BFB7076-A742-4EEC-8472-B978B2AE4C49.thumb.jpeg.9b7989463d6701268ac147b8c5530ef5.jpeg

I will replace these bad pix with better ones later...hopefully. But yup I tried to paint some wolveses brown and grey. (It is barely possible to see that I tried to make them brown on one side and dark grey on the other side.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I will replace these bad pix with better ones later...hopefully. But yup I tried to paint some wolveses brown and grey. (It is barely possible to see that I tried to make them brown on one side and dark grey on the other side.)

BONUS POINTS FOR PAINTING A WOLF!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

Nov. 12 : If you could choose to be a celebrity for one day who would you wanted to be?

What would you do that day?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 12 : If you could choose to be a celebrity for one day who would you wanted to be?

William Powell.

Hang out with Myrna Loy.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmmm, any celebrity?  Redacted due to redactions, and this sentence is heresy towards grammar, and therefore doubly redacted!

Honestly?  Not a clue.  But I strongly suspect cookies (ginger snap!), ice cream (don't care which flavour it's Revolution ice cream which is tasty!), and a mocha at Barking Buffalo would be involved...  (but sadly, they're closed on Sun/Mon if I remember correctly...) 

Oh, you want an actual answer? Fine, I'd be Colin McRae's (or equally "insane" WRC driver can sub in) co-driver.  Because there's something rather appealing about clutching a spiral bound book for dear life while you've pinned yourself into your seat as best you can, flying around corners at speeds that rival most highways...  And you're loving every second of it... 

Even if I'm more for NavEx rallying, because it has a totally different skill set, and the likelyhood of death is much lower.  Well, physical death, in NavEx its the clock that will "kill" you - errr, your score anyways. A perfect run has zero (penalty) points.... Nobody ever gets a perfect run.  Good drivers are in the 15-20 range...  Great will occasionally see upper single digits.  Co-driver in NavEx also isn't just someone with a map and instructions, they're the biggest factor in how the team does! 

Also, NavEx.... What's a proper map?  They give you turn directions, some are wrong, and even better, half the map is missing so a co-driver is also a navigator...  Probably why it's called Navigation-Exploration rallying...  Getting lost is all part of the fun! :p

You also never see the checkpoints until its too late - sometimes you'll never even see them (some of the CSCC volunteers are really, really good at hiding vehicles at checkpoints! ..Like,nobody knew they were there until the end of the day when they posted the pics of how they hid that minivan ten feet off the edge of the road...) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 12 : If you could choose to be a celebrity for one day who would you want to be?What would you do that day?

I would be Avery Brooks (Captain Sisko). We would film his (triumphant?) return to DS9 after being (trapped?) living in the wormhole all these years. New DS9 episodes would then ensue, but if the real Brooks didn’t want the gig after he was himself again Starfleet would promote him to Admiral Sisko and other actors could take over for the new DS9 episodes

@buglips*the*goblin

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I would be Justin Bieber for one day.

And then announce my retirement and promise never ever to sing again.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Absolutely any astronaut/cosmonaut, and live through one of their days in space.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Absolutely any astronaut/cosmonaut, and live through one of their days in space.

I like the concept! but I would back away from “absolutely any” :ph34r: ...some days in space have gone better than others.

• Like 5

On 11/9/2018 at 8:28 AM, Glitterwolf said:

A room full of puppies where people can snuggle and play with them and one with kittens for the cat lovers.( aka M.E.O.W. traitors..).

Especially people who want pets but can't / are not allowed to have them could enjoy being with our furry friends for a while.

Of course this will be monitored to ensure the animal's well being.

They actually had this at a software conference I went to last summer.  It was a fundraiser to support therapy dogs and to help give the dogs training.  Essentially they had an area full of dogs.  We could pay $1 per minute, min $5 to go in and play with the the dogs.  I spent about $15 before I had to leave. It was awesome!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Warren Buffet: donate about 10 million dollars as a patron of a certain miniature sculptor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

8 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

They actually had this at a software conference I went to last summer.  It was a fundraiser to support therapy dogs and to help give the dogs training.  Essentially they had an area full of dogs.  We could pay $1 per minute, min $5 to go in and play with the the dogs.  I spent about $15 before I had to leave. It was awesome

Warren Buffet: donate about 10 million dollars as a patron of a certain miniature sculptor.

Dog room : Awesome!

Warren Buffet : That sculptor isn't someone we might know, hmmm???

• Like 4
  • Haha 4