Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

Glitterwolf

On 11/24/2018 at 4:39 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 24 -25 : Rummage through your cellar/attic/garage, what lost treasure did you find?

Pics?

Will post pics if I find anything interesting. Last year I never put up Christmas decor because I couldn't find half of it. I finally found it in boxes in a closet back in March or so. The plan is to get them out later today. Kind of excited to see what treasures I forgot I had. 

• Like 7

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/22/2018 at 1:37 AM, Glitterwolf said:

NOV. 22 : Do you have a creepy/ghost/ufo story to share?

NOTE: Do not belittle each other, no beekeeping comments!

I do have a few! Both personal stories and ones I've read. I love spooking myself about things, but I also have strong feelings for those who never got to finish their feelings or work before they were gone. Some of them are really sad.

I'll just do the one that I always remember first. My parents' current house has two stories. The garage is on the east side of the house, but the driveway wraps around so the garage opens towards the backyard. My room is on the east side of the house as well, but on the second floor. The stairs are on the far west side.

Shortly after we moved in and started renovating the house (it had been abandoned for 7 years), I was downstairs doing my homework and my mom was in the backyard. I suddenly felt super uncomfortable and got goosebumps, but right as I started looking around, I heard these incredibly fast and heavy stomps in the upstairs hallway headed from the stairs in the west to my room in the east. I don't really know how to describe it. Like a heavyset man stomping and sprinting in big work boots. Not something one expects. I pretty much flew out of my chair to the backyard door in front of me and I saw my mom dashing towards the house. I've never seen my mom scared like that. At the same time I heard the stomping, she had heard screaming inside the garage and the garage door was shaking wildly like a tin wall in a hurricane. We were spooked but we never saw anyone leave the house while we waited outside for my dad and grandpa to come back. They didn't find anyone either but my dad didn't believe us. We had a few more (much smaller) spooks before my mom called in the priest and had him bless the house....

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOV 24 -25 : Rummage through your cellar/attic/garage, what lost treasure did you find?

Pics?

We did not, but our friend did some rummaging. He's moving halfway across the US soon and stopped by earlier this week with a stack of boxes from "The Lord of the Rings: Strategy Battle Game." He told my husband that he felt I would probably be the only person he knew to appreciate that many minis and the subject. It's seriously more minis than all of my current mini collecting in the last 3 years I've started, but I do run a tight budget haha.

My husband said that judging by my squeals and identification of "obscure" (they're not obscure, Goldberry was amazing THANK YOU VERY MUCH) characters that weren't in boxes, it went to a good home. :lol: 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Pics?

A lead dipping ladle I had misplaced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

NOV 26 :•    The Apocalypse is upon us, will you set your pets free?

Eat them or take care for them till the end even when it means you'll have to share the little resources you have?

While I am not under pet ownership currently, the usual beasts that claim me are canine and feline, both of which would be far more useful in an apocalypse scenario than many people I know. The dogs would be an early alert system for anyone trying to creep up on my location and also they unlike myself can run fast enough to catch rabbits, thus providing food. The cats I've known are usually pretty self sufficient foodwise if given the opportunity and also would keep vermin out of my dry food storage, as well as providing warning from attacks from the Unseen. 

• Like 6

On 11/24/2018 at 2:39 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Pics?

I do not have any of those, though I do have a Spare Room. Right now it's dominated by a mattress we need to get rid of. There will be no rummaging until it is removed.

49 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Eat them or take care for them till the end even when it means you'll have to share the little resources you have?

I would try to take them and take care of them. They're both very stupid and would not last on their own. I definitely wouldn't eat them, simply for the fact that if the smells they make are any indication of what their bodies are like, I'd be better off eating my shoes first.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I think I can rely on my hamsters to fend off the ravening zombie horde.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love them, and would try to take care of them, but Gygax's dice, they'd be less then useless.

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

I think I can rely on my hamsters to fend off the ravening zombie horde.

Darn right. 

• Haha 7

Pics?

I did a reorganization of my Vault of Pack Rattiness over the last few months. SO I only had a couple of draws that might hold unknown stuff.

I found a few G.W. Oldies that missed getting given away...a sign that they were meant to be painted by moi..& a few minis that friends from

Lead Adventure Forum sent me. Nothing really to do a photo session with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I don't have any currently, so I'm good.

These questions are becoming quite morbid. :mellow:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Care for them best I can til the end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Don't have any atm, but I suspect they'd be taking care of me, since we want malamutes...  Big, strong, loyal slobbery drogs they can be (affectionate!) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Herding cats through the Apocalypse...:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Logically, my dog is on his last leg and not well suited to fend for himself, it would be better to make it quick and painless for him. 

But I don't have a strong stomach, and don't think I could do more than put up with him. He probably wouldn't last long anyway once his special food ran out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5