Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

On 11/2/2018 at 2:30 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 2 -4 WEEKEND QUEST.

Make a Sandwich and/or Soup.

Share the results with us. ( Pics, Recipe, Was it any good?)

( Thanks to TGP, Talespinner and Cyradis)

I will make a sandwich tomorrow and it will be good.  There will be no pics though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was gonna make a roast beef sandwich, but my bread was stale :down:

It was gonna be good too. It's left over pot roast, and I got this amazing sharp white cheddar. Man, I'm bummed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Nov. 2 -4 WEEKEND QUEST.

I doubt I'll be practicing the sandwich making arts this weekend. I have enough leftover Halloween candy to tide me over to maybe mid Monday. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 11/2/2018 at 6:30 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 2 -4 WEEKEND QUEST.

I made a fried egg sammich, with grated cheese and butter on wholemeal bread... I was hungry so I ate it before taking any photos and it was very good ::):

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

No pictures but I had a nice Tomato Basil soup on Thursday, served up in my Fiestaware Orange Disneyland Mug.

One can of condensed Tomato Soup.

1 - 1/2 can of milk

3 tablespoons sour cream

1 tablespoon crushed Basil

1 teaspoon cornstarch

Combine all ingredients except Basil in a small saucepan, wisk to smooth consistency and slowly bring to just below boiling point stirring occasionally.

Add Basil and simmer for 5 minutes then serve.

Serve with crackers or toast.

GEM

Sometimes I add bacon crumbles

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I didn't make it into work on Saturday, so I took the cheese sandwich I'd thrown together for the day's lunch and made a grilled cheese out of it. Since that was yesterday morning and I hadn't read the thread until today, there will be no pictures of it.

• Like 8

I made cauliflower cheddar soup, with ham. No pics, sorry, it got et. 

Cook half a cauliflower worth of florets until tender. I steamed mine. Meanwhile chop ~1/4 of an onion and saute in butter or oil until golden. I threw in a clove of garlic, too. Be careful not to burn it.  When the onion is all nice and soft add two tablespoons of flour to the pan and stir until a paste forms. Cook this for 1 minute, do not let it burn. 

Add 1 cup of half-n-half and stir briskly. Add 1 cup of water and two teaspoons of chicken bullion paste. Continue to stir as soup thickens.  Stir in 4 tablespoons of cream cheese. Slowly add 1+ cup of grated cheddar cheese, stirring it in as it melts.  Stir in 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese. Yeah, I know you don't like blue cheese, do it anyway. 

Add cooked cauliflower, reserving about half a cup of florets.  Use an immersion blender to puree the cheese soup and vegetables until smooth.  Add reserved florets and chopped ham if desired.  Serve hot, with home made croutons. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 5 : What is the one thing you own, you will never sell no matter how bad things get?

My turntables.  Hubby would say I'm rather.... Protective of them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 5 : What is the one thing you own, you will never sell no matter how bad things get?

My husband.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

9 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My husband.

I believe such a thing would be illegal anyway!

• Haha 12

Lol, i can't really think of anything, honestly. It's all just stuff, and if my family needs food, stuff isn't gonna feed them. I mean, there's stuff that is worthless to everyone else in the world (like my Pooh Bear or my cat (lulz)), that I couldn't sell, but anything that can be sold, will be sold if I'm desperate enough.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have a wooden Train ( Old Style Locomotive with Tender) built by my Father.

This one will never be sold.

It is a memory to my dad, and it's currently in our bedroom on the floor as a decoration.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

There is a Painting my mom did that falls into the same category as your train @Glitterwolf. We collaborated a little when it was created. Her: this needs something else. (The composition was bothering her.) Me: put a castle on the Hill?  Her: draw one to fit the spot, Castles aren’t my thing. So I drew a castle; she added it to the Painting. 

Nov. 2 -4 WEEKEND QUEST.

I made a Pimiento Cheese (PC) sandwich. Then I ran out of bread.  I wanted to do something more elaborate. Might be the most simple sandwich possible. Open tub of PC. Spread same on slice of bread; cover with second slice of bread. 

Not my picture:

braums-rockwell-pimiento-spread.jpg

But ^ This. Plus bread.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1