Sign in to follow this  
joe5mc

Rangers of Shadow Deep - Solo and Cooperative Wargame (by the Creator of Frostgrave)

Saw those late last night. Those flies might be a big seller because there aren't many substitutes. Kind of happy to see the game being popular enough for something like this. Nice minis but not sure I'll be getting any of them. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I really like the ranger from the cover.  He reminds me of the classic Mordheim Witch Hunter Captain:

Image result for mordheim witch hunter captain

He is not the first Bobby Jackson sculpt to do so, either:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/jakob/latest/03785

The flies are cool, but I have several Stirges I thought would fit the bill.

Never thought about it but I have the 2 minis you mentioned. Never thought about stirges for flies either. It's a good idea. I don't have any of them so I guess that's why.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Some of those rangers would make great assassins.

Agreed, especially the one with the bandanna mask drawing his sword:

Image may contain: shoes

I also really like this female Ranger.  Her outfit reminds me of cinematic Boromir:

Image may contain: 1 person, shoes

• Like 7

On 4/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, lowlylowlycook said:

Now how about corpses for objective markers?

Mantic makes casualties on both their elf and dwarf sprues for Kings of War. I don't remember which ones now, but I know I've also seen fantasy football teams that include injured/dead figures. Reaper makes 1 or 2 for the Warlord line.

• Like 3

I printed out Exclamation Points and painted them yellow, styled after World of Warcraft quest markers.  You can see them in action in my battle report for the first scenario:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85821-lidless-eye-delves-into-the-shadow-deep/

I may reprint them taller so they're more obvious from a distance.

• Like 3

Never even noticed them in your pictures until you mentioned it here. Cool idea.

• Thanks 1

I finally picked this game up for my birthday a couple weeks ago and my girlfriend and I had a blast playing the first scenario.  Now I just have to put together the minis, markers, and terrain necessary for the next one. ::D:

• Like 4

Did a quick paint job on some baddies to get me back in the painting groove

Ranger_Baddies_1.thumb.jpg.739f812d219b9c1a01361026001e7fa8.jpg

I'm thinking of running a Paint and Play and Take at my FLGS.  The idea is that people would come in the afternoon and paint a ranger then that evening we'd play a game of this then they could take their ranger home.

• Like 12

My friend who pushed me into this game has the same flies but put them on wire flight stands.  Recently I had a panic attack when I realized I had only one wire to clear out the metal tubes of my plastic cement bottles and bought some very thin piano wire.  Thus I had both the motive and the opportunity to do this:

Flies.thumb.jpg.66cada605772df50ff542e100056c2b6.jpg

Edit:  Hmmm, maybe I should have thought of some leaping spiders as well.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 9

I like those. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered a 10 pack because I couldn't realistically see me needing more than that. Then I bought the latest expansions and I'm thinking 10 might be the minimum needed for higher levels. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I've got some in my Amazon cart, and I'm about to pull the trigger for other reasons, so I should have some soon.

As they are plastic, I'm thinking I might do Rangers with my 1/72 collection.  (My older son, now 29, is a stickler for artistic purity, so I have conformed to his vision of our shared 1/72 project as all-plastic...)

• Like 4

Is is just me or is the second scenario in the book maybe too easy. 

Granted this time we had four players but even after I threw on extra spiders it amounted to a cakewalk.

What do people think of upping their armor a bit?