Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Valana, Forgemaiden Sergeant 14524

I really like this figure.

You have very good brush control.

I think the yellow and green combo works well.  Anyone would be happy to have this represent their character.

If I could give my 2c worth of advice:

The eyes might benefit from a darklined method.  Paint the whole eye dark like Brown Liner.  Then paint a strip of an off white like Linen White.  Leave a little line of brown liner all the way around.  Then add a dot of brown liner as the iris and pupil.  Try to match each pupil’s direction so it appears she is looking a certain way.

The more white you paint into the sclera, the more surprised she would look.  The less white you paint, the more determined she will look.

Last small critique, just my opinion: The back shot shows too many different colors going on, like a rainbow.  I would consider doing most of the leathery stuff in your medium brown, and maybe a green for the bedroll.  It can match the green of the dress since it seems distinct from behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That yellow tabard is lovely. I like the way you painted the whole figure. I also agree with Darcstaar about the eyes, although I can't usually pull it off on small figures, or models with small eyes in general. Gotta say, I really like the skin tone you gave her.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!  I tried the dark lined eye method on this lady, but it was one of the details that got lost by too many redos.  It's worked really well on my last few figs, but going for a specific "look" on this one ended up costing me in the end.  Oh well, I have plenty of figs left to keep practicing on!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/waylaid-by-bandits-volume-2/description

Story
      It was the Baron himself who nailed up the poster in Midlam the town square.
      WANTED:  LADY WILDWOOD and sundry associated gang members - For Murder, extortion, petty theft and highway robbery.  REWARD - 10 Gold Coins for Lady Wildwood and 1 Gold Coin per gang member.
      Speculation and rumour was rife!  Who were these new Bandits that were plaguing Midlam?  Who was the mysterious and dangerous Lady Wildwood? It seemed that the town had been under siege, first from Captain Grief's Gang and then the Hobgoblin Rainding Party, and now this gang of merciless women!
      Bounty hunters muttered in dark corners of Inns, looking for information and squads of Town Guard regularly marched out into the surrounding countryside in their pursuit.  
      But still the robberies and raids continued...
      Waylaid by Bandits Volume Two
      A gang of eleven 28mm scale bandits, thugs and ruffians, lead by the Notorious Lady Wildwood, for all of your fantasy miniature games.
      Waylaid by Bandits Volume One
      You can also, should you wish, include our first bandit gang with your pledge.  Captain Grief's Gang is a series of of eleven 28mm scale bandits, thugs and ruffians, including the original stretch goal 'George the Grind'.  You could then mix and match your bandits or have them as deadly rivals!
      Waylaid by Bandits Volume One  

It's only an 11 day  project, so hury up and back. 
    • By Standifer
      This is a Dwarf Lord Ragmir by Scibor monstrous miniatures, I got this for my nephew awhile back and just finished it. This thing had a lot of good details, and a cool base even if it was a little small, which is no longer an issue since I just mounted him on his stock base and then a metal knockout from an electrical box. 

Thanks for looking!

• By Crissair
      This lil guy had been sitting on my shelf for a while. Decided to tint some metallic w blue paint for his armor. Pretty happy how it turned out. As always, feedback is welcome

• By JadenZion
      So, I just had to show off this pic.  I'm playing in a 5e Rappan Athuk campaign, and needed to make 3 characters.  I chose to model mine after the characters from the old Lost Vikings video game.  

In order from left to right:
      Olaf the Stout, Life Domain Cleric.
      Baelog the Fierce, Totem Warrior Barbarian.
      Erik the Swift, Battlenaster Fighter (my main).

Sorry, I just really loved this picture.  

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)