• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Started converting my bones v robot kobolds. The idea was to arm them with scifi weapons to use them as a little starship boarding party. 

The plan is to do a total of 9 when ever they hit retail, all with different weapons. 

So far axe guy has a plasma gun and a samurai banner.
      Then there's rocket launcher kobold
      Knife kobold has a flame thrower. 

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I found this little jeep at the grocery store. Since it was roughly the right size I chopped up a bones kobold to drive it. And piled some food, a crystal and a duck in the back.

It was not bad, but I didn't really like the sword, since my goal was joyride mayhem as opposed to fighting. So I gave it a mug instead. 

I also gave him a little lizard pal hanging on the outside. 

So that's cool, but I want to make it sillier still before I paint it. 
      Currently thinking of sticking a bag of golf clubs and maybe some other kobold loot on the jeep. 
    • By Rob Dean
      I haven’t picked up a brush these past two weeks, so I wanted to do something this morning.  Since I spent the whole day yesterday tracking down some partly finished 1/72 medieval polearm men, I naturally did something else. 

Last year I showed the start of my urban fantasy  project.  I’ve added a few miscellaneous figures (like last year’s Gencon Reaper preliminary speed paint entry), but I’ve been stalled for a while.  Today was my day to unstall, a least a little bit.

Leon, on the left, is a “Bones 91010 Houngan”.  Lucia is a Hero Forge figure, of an as-yet-unnamed Fae species.  (I used the bovine legs and the long fae ears.)  I feel better now that I’ve gotten something done this month.  

(The mat, by the way, is from Frontline Games.)
    • By Iridil
      So my fellow players wanted to get Hero Forge custom characters, and as the only painter in the group I did them up. The bard was in metal, the other two in resin. My goodness are the surfaces rough and the detail shallow! I was a bit embarrassed to hand them over, but they really liked them - it was super important that the figure was exactly the design they wanted. It was an interesting bit of calibration for me and how to enjoy the imperfect. I think the barbarian came out the best and my favorite bit to paint was the violin.

• By Downfall
      I recently finished a group of Reaper Bones miniatures. As they are so small they were a little hard to paint at some points. I'm fairly new painting miniatures so I was looking for some feedback and potentially some tips on how to improve in the future. All comments, advice, and constructive criticism is welcome. 

My own main criticism with them is the highlights as I'm not 100% where/how to paint proper highlights to make a natural look without a ton of brush strokes.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)