• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      Having just started a 45 figure batch paint of guardsmen, I decided a side project may be in order. Just a little something I could fiddle with off and on to disrupt the monotony and I knew just the project. 

About a year ago, after I finished my first commissar,  I thought it would be a good idea to paint all my commissars differently. That way I could tell all of my HQs or elites apart, but wouldn't you know it after a couple games I realized it was completely unnecessary. Having already started down that path however I decided to press on.

Within about the first week of pondering different color schemes I had a great idea. Unfortunately I lacked the skills and hobby confidence to attempt it. This past year I've managed to learn quite a bit though, especially about sculpting/working with greenstuff. So I think it's time to attempt a Hulk Hogan commissar.
      First up was locating a good reference photo for both his moustache and boa (see above).

As the moustache was the trickier of the two I decided to start there. In a twist of fate getting a good texture was the easy part, but getting the proper size wasn't. After some back and forth I finally got the size correct. Then it was just a simple matter of using a pin and a toothpick to achieve a hair like texture. 
      This is what you get zooming in, but at a regular viewing distance I think it looks good. 

Next came the boa. Try as I might I couldn't get a good feathery texture going. I could get a good amorphous blob/coral like texture though. Much like the moustache it'll fail upon close inspection but I think with a good paintjob it'll hold up just fine.  

See I told you that moustache is passable with some distance.

Now it's just a matter of letting everything dry before priming. I guess it's a good thing we have holiday commitments for the next couple days.

As with any greenstuff project you always end up with some leftovers. After adding a skull to the Hulkster's base I thought I'd share the wealth with a few random models from my desk.

• By rintintin
      HI, 
      Thought I would create my own topic so I can share the models I create. Crits and comments welcome.
      This is my latest mini. Created just for fun. I think it should be called " The summoning" though I am open to ideas :)

Got a few pictures of the 3d print of this guy. Not the best photos but you get the idea.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      http://kck.st/2mr5iKg

An enormous wooden d20 capable of holding up to a pound of dice. I haven't got one of these yet, but I have gotten some other items from Munchkin Metropolis, and was really satisfied with how quickly the items were produced and arrived. Great quality, too.
    • By lexomatic
      I'm not really sure when I'll get to these, but I found a bunch of cheap sheets that I'm going to diy into mats for wargaming. As it is, they're fine (I got green, blue, and brown, and passed on a grey) . But I might sponge on some various paints for waves/ ice (double sided blue sheet) and various greens for the green sheet.
    • By DarcyPerry
      Hi, I'm a sculptor from New Zealand. I am mostly known for my dungeon delvers. Especially of the duck variety. 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)