Doublesix66

Old School Bloodbowl Teams (GW) (pic Heavy)

Getting all, I have just been painting up a couple of teams for my friends to play blood bowl again, I haven't played for years since I was in the Waterbowl league, it was fun to paint up some fantasy again been doing a lot of sci-fi-fi and Modern military recently so it was a welcome change and has spurred me on to dig out the box with all my unpainted teams in it and get one done each month.

This was the progress of the Wood Elf team which are called the 'Bare Arsed Chiefs'

45567008682_225abeba9c.jpg

45632000652_260dff38e7.jpg

Nearly finished just needs the bases/numbering doing 

45045443404_607761b66e.jpg

44857118055_4e83beafc9.jpg

43952898460_bf809d978f.jpg

The other team team I was doing at the same time was a norse one same stage just needs the bases/numbering doing 

45567011072_6456555dbb.jpg

30830427697_7b32b602f8.jpg

30830426697_7bda2d091c.jpg

Been fun as I said I'll get some pictures of my other teams done which are Skaven, Undead (with werewolves), halfings, Vampire Counts, Amazon

Raided my bits box to add some Team Score, turn & re-roll markers

31867940788_012b785e3c.jpg

43921770170_8e1960179c.jpg

Just deciding which team to do next .. any requests

Edited by Doublesix66
text errors
  • Like 9

Following on here are my other painted teams

Amazon

30830435737_2621b624e9.jpg

30830434137_e6b71c5a33.jpg

30830433117_ce59be363b.jpg

Halfings with Treemen as backups I played these in one league and they were called "the Flying Desperados'

45770476421_f0d60a381c.jpg

30830430067_d14ef09022.jpg

45770474351_45473b6e91.jpg

And finally My Skaven Team

45045450984_473bef231c.jpg

45770497831_53f4f5400f.jpg

I used the old Rat ogres as line men with the strength attribute also long legs and multiple arms included here

45045449564_c213861369.jpg

Now comes the hard bit which team should I paint next

Human

Chaos

Undead Necromantic (mummies)

High Elves

Lizardmen
Dwarfs
Dark Elves
Chaos Dwarfs
Pro Elves (elf union)

Gobins
Ogre
Orcs

hummm... I am tending towards the Chaos Dwarfs

laters ::D:

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side.

This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi.
      Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.
    • By TheOldGuard
      "One of my favourite range of figures ever was Citadel's 1980's licensed "Lord Of The Rings" minis. I have finally decided to get all the miniatures I own painted up (over time) & try to acquire the ones which are missing from my collection (& paint them up too!)". Here is my next completed mini - Gandalf.

It's actually part of a blister of 3 minis (ME1 - Fellowship Heroes) which also includes Strider & Frodo.

He was quite nice to paint overall - not too complicated either.

Thanks for looking!

• By TheOldGuard
      "One of my favourite range of figures ever was Citadel's 1980's licensed "Lord Of The Rings" minis. I have finally decided to get all the miniatures I own painted up (over time) & try to acquire the ones which are missing from my collection (& paint them up too!)". Here is my next completed mini - Strider.

It's actually part of a blister of 3 minis (ME1 - Fellowship Heroes) which also includes Gandalf & Frodo.

I love the sculpting on this figure - grim yet regal. To make him look like he is roaming the wilds, I added some dirt onto the bottom of his cloak & boots by drybrushing a light brown followed by a dark brown nearest the bottom.

Thanks for looking!

• By JGroeling
      For a painting competition entry I had to find a 20 year old miniature to work with. Digging through my old boxes of minis (mostly Games Workshop) I found a "Kharn the Betrayer" chaos space marine from 96 (I think was the date on his tab). Decided I wanted to give him a fun base, something more than just the general skull pile he's usually on. So, started scratchbuilding a symbol of Khorne for him to stand on, here's two pics of the understructure. (Bottom of the actual base is the black, white cap is just for handling.)

This (although small) is the most involved basing project Ive done to date, and I'm already learning lots on how to do things better, and a lot of what not to do. Anyway, will be updating as I progress further on him. 

- Added some more detailing to the base, and started laying ground for skulls. 

- More skulls and playing around with details on the symbol, have added a removed a few things that didnt turn out how I liked. 

- And some more skulls, also added paper cut of potential plating on the symbol on top right portion. Think I like it and will add to the rest of them for next update (which wont be til next week, as out of town til then.)
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 278 Guests (See full list)