I absolutely love your reptile theme. YAY scaly critters! Paint the monstrous min!! GO MORI! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

AAAAHHH!

… I was wondering what all the lizard and snake photos were about in the Discord... this is going to be AWESOME!

*quietly sets up the tea bar and settles in to spectate*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As you might have noticed form my Lost World project I love reptiles and I also use nature for reference.

Lizards, Snakes, Topical Fish and Birds provide many beautiful examples for painting minis.

Good call!

I love the waterfall idea!

Awsome project, good luck!

TIP: for a piece like this don't use the liquid water effects.

Use a paste like Vallejo Water Effects.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 4:31 PM, Pegazus said:

Love the waterfall. Going to steal that so hard. Eventually. 

Steal away! ::D: I vaguely remember starting a thread a long time ago full of ideas that I had but didn't have time for haha. 

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

As you might have noticed form my Lost World project I love reptiles and I also use nature for reference.

Lizards, Snakes, Topical Fish and Birds provide many beautiful examples for painting minis.

Good call!

I love the waterfall idea!

Awsome project, good luck!

TIP: for a piece like this don't use the liquid water effects.

Use a paste like Vallejo Water Effects.

Thank you! I appreciate tips for all of these things, especially water effects!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, LordDave said:

this is exciting.  you are going to kill this!!

Ahhh thank you! Did you ever post yours to the forums? I loved seeing it on FB but I didn't see it here.

• Like 2

Do any of these parts look sufficiently mossy to y'all? I am requesting texture help - I know that the edges and placement of the moss will help sell it but I want to get the texture right first.

IMG_20181110_160639660.thumb.jpg.b2a7f5d18c66b43e359287334464d37c.jpg

In other news, I'm done rescaling and gapfilling body! Yay! 

• Like 15

I tried making the moss a little lumpier and softer. I'm not fully settled on it yet, but I suspect that it will read better once it's been painted and in the proper areas. I'll be spending a ton of time on the base over the next several weeks. Lots of little things to sculpt! I'm really excited about it. ::D:

image.png.3708294ba5fc178c958a6757c0a749f2.png

After about 11 hours, I've finally finished gap filling and cleaning up! It was lots of little areas like this. If I did it right, you shouldn't be able to tell which scales got added....

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/265667016927477770/511317947306868737/pixlr_20181111164747083.jpg

It took another hour to prime him. His heads and wings have been lightly tacked on so I can get an overall view of him. He's also not attached to the base.

The next step is to ask friends for help before adding the white primer. Where do you think the light sources are? I'm thinking that I should do at least two different spots.

I've also gone around a few Ma'al threads and searched for lighting ideas there too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/265667016927477770/511318940723576834/IMG_20181111_163609415.jpg

Dragon Prep: 11 hours

Dragon Painting: 1 hour

• Like 16