Way back in January, I thought I would add some Minions for Magrot The All seeing Trash Heap to command.

Mags was based on Marjory The Trash Heap of Fraggle Rock Fame. She, Marjory that is, had two Rat Minions.

Mags has a part Wolf/Coyote, part reptile, thoroughly disreputable Guy, a pair of Shrews looking for a fight, AND

a DiTerlizzi Shambling Mound...or she will if I manage to finish painting them.

This is how they looked when the idea hit me:

DSCN5886.thumb.JPG.7de254da044a4270d8ed220b80c49f2b.JPGDSCN5887.thumb.JPG.ae6b60f1cc810e98334cd66ecfd072d2.JPG

& where I am starting them:

6BY3BeebTX9TKg21AokJttkcy9Dn8ACUAVBipscd

This is Mags Herself for those who have forgotten her:

93guuPBqBJsxBg1ESwhMC7wVqhziF8oqUQjSl9-V

SO we will see just how long my attention span holds up...this time.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 13

AND the first of the two Combat Shrews is done. Seen here with the rest of the Gang:

DSCN7062.thumb.JPG.c1dd0f69beb48b0d80eafa41a1ed9898.JPG

I checked out a number of Shrew pics to come up with a color scheme. I found out the Pointy Nosed Little Fuzzballs are often venomous.

A closer look:

DSCN7058.thumb.JPG.109bb794b47979c5e031c254154adab3.JPGDSCN7059.thumb.JPG.74d83d9815881436cb22f9cca4d3b522.JPGDSCN7060.thumb.JPG.67fadfa5e0eddc7f604c087bfe9a11fd.JPGDSCN7061.thumb.JPG.e94eb8995e1f324e603309f3a6345d7f.JPG

Have a good night! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

What sort ::D: of goblin is so low as to be :lol: armorer to a combat shrew! :lol: 

No Dwarf would ever stoop that low!!

Those are hilarious. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Love it! Jim Henson would be pleased--the Battle Shrews would be right at home in the Labyrinth, and the henchguy looks like he could easily pass for a nephew of Uncle Deadly. Are these sculpts your own design? 

(because if so, any minis company not calling you is leaving money on the table.)

• Like 4

Great job on the shrew!

She  looks very natural and magical at the same time!

Isn't that a Dark Sword Mini?

They really fit in well in your world.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TGP said:

What sort ::D: of goblin is so low as to be :lol: armorer to a combat shrew! :lol: 

No Dwarf would ever stoop that low!!

Those are hilarious. 

It was those uppity, anthropomorphic Frog Fellows that did it. They, Dark Sword that is, have a set with a Frog Shrew Master...I just got the Shrews.

I think they are funny also. I am delighted you agree, TGP! 

8 hours ago, Rigel said:

Love it! Jim Henson would be pleased--the Battle Shrews would be right at home in the Labyrinth, and the henchguy looks like he could easily pass for a nephew of Uncle Deadly. Are these sculpts your own design? 

(because if so, any minis company not calling you is leaving money on the table.)

Thanks for the kind & enthusiastic reply, Rigel. They do look like something Jim Henson would have created. I would LOVE to make things this good, but the Shrews

& The Shambler are by Dave Summers, AND the Gringe Commander is by Tom Meiers for Dark Swords.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job on the shrew!

She  looks very natural and magical at the same time!

Isn't that a Dark Sword Mini?

They really fit in well in your world.

...yep, they are Dark Sword minis. I am starting to think that there are quite a few of Dark Sword's Critter Kingdoms minis that would work well in my World.

I have a  few & quite a lot of the DiTerlizzi Masterworks pieces in backlog with others I am now looking at more seriously. 

Thanks for the reply, Glitter I am glad you like them.

• Like 3

The second Combat Shrew is now done:

DSCN7063.thumb.JPG.37d87e1e270f9e6ad2747f88fea1cbdb.JPGDSCN7064.thumb.JPG.7afda93978ffba719802001d4c4919ec.JPGDSCN7066.thumb.JPG.61600f32f71d404e1e060679a3530ad9.JPGDSCN7068.thumb.JPG.fb27672f57ece4b67f9731198f52448f.JPG

I really am enjoying doing these Dark Sword pieces...this may be a new addiction in the works.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Warlady said:

Love these combat shrews!  What a great idea!

Thanks, Warlady. I am happy you like them. They do seem to fit with the silliness.

One of the pluses of W.I.P. pics is that they point out little things to correct. The second Shrew's right eye got a touch up.

27 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

And then there were two!

Another awesome critter!

Thanks, Glitter...glad you like them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexomatic said:

What are the blues you used for the base coats?

It's the camera that makes it look blue. I use white dry brushed over black (Americana)

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Delightful!! :lol:

Thanks, Crowley...glad you like them.

• Like 2