Redd Knekk

Crusader Knight with Bird on Head (LOL)

Another buddy wanted a down and dirty mini for his paladin. He asked for everything silver except the shield, which would be Templar style white with Red Cross. I had a very short time to paint and tried a bit of directional iridescence bc the armor glows purple when around hellborne demons and the like.

Not my best work for sure, but it was a funny mini (why is there a bird on his head?) so thought I’d share a speed painted tabletop mini. Enjoy!

Also, I’m interested in getting him back and finishing him up after Thanksgiving, so let me know how you would handle an “imperceptible purple glow, without losing the silvery plate look”...  :)

4A7C3B58-F586-4EDA-A20E-3021E36493B5.jpeg

Edited by Redd Knekk
  • Like 20

5 hours ago, alchemist said:

The helmet crest (ie. "bird on his head") would be a heraldic device.

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read and I wasn’t aware that was a thing. I wonder why they didn’t put a torse between the helmet and the bird/crest? Still looks like a bird to me ;)

• Like 1

Looks good!

How about a subtle metallic purple glaze?

2 hours ago, Rigel said:

Our world uses heraldic devices; the game world might well have an ensorcelled helmet-bird for all I know! 

Shiny work!

And now I can see the birdhelmet talking to the Knight during a fight.

*** Hit him! Hit Him!***

*** Not like that! He won't even feel that! Watch out for that Mace!!!! ***

***Do I HAVE to fight him myself?***

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks good!

How about a subtle metallic purple glaze?

And now I can see the birdhelmet talking to the Knight during a fight.

*** Hit him! Hit Him!***

*** Not like that! He won't even feel that! Watch out for that Mace!!!! ***

***Do I HAVE to fight him myself?***

Ha!!! Y’all trip me out. ;)

I think that’s a great idea and I’m kicking myself now bc I bought a bunch of primary and secondary colored metallics over a year ago and haven’t used them. Ugh what was I thinking. Should’ve put this in WIP bc I’m getting it back and fixing it for reals.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rigel said:

Our world uses heraldic devices; the game world might well have an ensorcelled helmet-bird for all I know! 

Shiny work!

**shiny work!** - Reminds me of Mad Max Fury Road :)

And I see it like a bird that just wont leave the knight alone and he befriended it and every fight he thinks they’re trying to hurt his pet :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now