• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all! 

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ooohhhh Greenskinned Space Girl :wub:

****Hhheeellllooooo...Howl you Doing?****

:lol: The perfect intersection of Tex Avery and Gene Roddenberry. 

15 hours ago, Iridil said:

Really like the snake-stripes on the spacepanther - shaping up as another great setting!

Thank you! RETRO-VENUS is an incredibly dynamic planet; almost everything is either fungal, psychoactive, infectious, poisonous, venomous, symbiotic, addictive, or carnivorous--and usually several of the above.

11 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

How do they get around the way the Cytherean atmosphere degrades liftwood so quickly?

Niiiiice! I've never played Space: 1889, but rot and decay *is* an ever-present issue (it grants Venerians in my game penalties to technology use rolls; the tape reels get coated in mold spores). In game, they mostly a combination of gold-plated hoversleds and general Beast Mastery for transport. 

11 hours ago, Warlady said:

Do you actually play games with these wonderful characters?  If so, I'm coming to your house for game night!

Yes! It started when my Pulp Cthulhu players got accidentally time/spacewarped to the Red Planet of a billion years ago (long, dumb, weird story). They proceeded to turn those space-lemons into cosmic lemonade by becoming the PIMP-LORDS OF MARS (longer, dumber, weirder story). [They also, with no guidance on my part, inadvertently set up the events of Wells' "War of the Worlds" and set up a closed causal loop that seeded Earth with life. And imported shoggoths to Mars.]  Since becoming a PIMP-LORD OF MARS is as close to 'winning' Call of Cthulhu as a hobo, a pimp, a butler, and a drunken physicist are likely to get, I ended that campaign and started a new one in the spacefuture of that same universe. Oh my, do we have stories.
Long, dumb, weird ones.
We'd be honored to have you over! 

• Like 3