Pingo

14016: Judas Bloodspire, Necropolis Warlord - A COLLABORATIVE PROJECT by malefactus and Pingo

Wait!

You two paired up?

Awesome!

The World will never be the same, a Vampire high on Shrooms is like an unstoppable force!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

An ongoing collaboration could be fun...for me anyway. I do love making bases; AND I love the Pingo-esque painting style.

• Like 6

From my POV the way the miniature was primed, I already like it and I think there is really no need to paint it completely. Just some elements like the lips, the hair, the coat and the base would  make an awesome contrast.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

From my POV the way the miniature was primed, I already like it and I think there is really no need to paint it completely. Just some elements like the lips, the hair, the coat and the base would  make an awesome contrast.

You're probably right, but I've already progressed way past this stage. :blush:  I started this some time ago and these pictures go up through ... the beginning of October, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

You're probably right, but I've already progressed way past this stage. :blush:  I started this some time ago and these pictures go up through ... the beginning of October, I think.

Seems like I am late  ... as always :-P

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Seems like I am late  ... as always :-P

Not at all.  I’m the one posting September pictures in November.

• Haha 4

So yeah, I did some more work on him, laying in some straight Carbon Black where I planned to paint silver and a little creamy ivory here and there, mixd from Titanium White and Yellow Ochre and shaded with the addition of a little Burnt Sienna and Burnt Umber.

1806475774_DSC_0414-Malefactus-Judas.jpg.c139feac8e3ccd74eb63114eeaf90c76.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg.faf160686361ad2034a850d2fefc8e5a.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg.5e9f64202c5735bc964a7e63d16535e6.jpg

I laid in some straight Red Iron Oxide, shading it with a little transparent violet mixed from Red Iron Oxide, Ultramarine Blue, and Quinacridone Magenta.

DSC_0440-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire.jpg.72691f4ab10ecf0d30e138957e2e50b5.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg.0a85584f426f928128d732062b8e6aa2.jpg

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cool basing!

Love this!

The basing is entirely @malefactus ‘s handiwork. I am but shading it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pingo said:

The basing is entirely @malefactus ‘s handiwork. I am but shading it.

The Vampire has an awesome base.

They work very well together!

• Like 1

Lots of shading in the reds here, with glazes of deep transparent Quinacridone Magenta to brighten it and violet mixes including Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Umber in the shadows.

I also did a little work on his hair.

I find reds look richest when they don't have any highlights at all -- Or rather, when the highlight is as pure a red as one can manage and the shadows only go darker.

1653982995_DSC_0477-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire.jpg.0260aadea55320f6d7d295545cc6ac51.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg.0991d7fc7f49c3a01304cbbe555d9212.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg.77803dadafa46dd7d9aed517e6b611e5.jpg

• Like 13

Then I added highlights mixed from a subtle peach tone which included Yellow Ochre, Quinacridone Crimson, and Titanium White.

DSC_0501-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire.jpg.8865137a66bc4c8b415f84fe98943f86.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg.9417a9d22357f9eb8d8d16dbf5c346f4.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg.2b4903d4dbe4d6b8ec77b9844bed8fef.jpg

What about what I just said about reds not using highlights? you may justly ask.

Welp, this lets me put in what will be some more subtle highlights when in a minute I glaze over all the reds with pure Quinacridone Crimson:

DSC_0506-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire.jpg.32db88f8dae0b1235875921b7ad8f171.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg.d5f009f9fd5e340fabf9ea565cfb9fff.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg.1b087382480aa7e6222901549a921a79.jpg

• Like 15