ThirstyBob

Blood Rage, Large monsters

Been painting Blood Rage again, for a friend, and thought I'd post the pics of what I got so far for the big guys. Most of the shading and detail work done, planning on making the skin less glossy by finish and still need to base.

Any C&C welcome.

IMG_20181115_180850.jpg

IMG_20181115_180918.jpg

IMG_20181115_181037.jpg

IMG_20181115_181114.jpg

IMG_20181115_181334.jpg

IMG_20181115_181345.jpg

IMG_20181115_181418.jpg

IMG_20181115_181408.jpg

P.S. "Frost giant says pls no I'm not ready."

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Capwn
      After a long wait, my Kickstarter pledge finally made it to my doorsteps. I know what you are thinking:
      "Didn't you just move?" Yes, yes I did.
      "You haven't finished Black Plague yet!" Also 100% correct - and at some point I will certainly finish it up, but the cult of the new calls! 

Now on one hand, this project will be a little easier as the aliens will predominately be toned with a single color with the attention being paid to the little details on them. It won't be as intensive of a slog compared to painting individual outfits of clothing.

On the other, we have a bunch more specialty aliens and a slew more heroes to go through. Who knows if I will get around to painting them all! So this weekend's plan will be doing some prep work, priming and whatnot on a few of these.

As always, comments and critiques are welcome - I am here to learn. My goal for larger projects such as these is Tabletop "Plus" (not quite display, but a little above a standard base/wash/highlight) for the hero and big units, and tabletop standard for the rank-and-file units (totally fine with base coats + washes + a few details here and there). Ultimately these are game pieces that will be played, so I don't want to agonize over anything getting messed up too badly.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      EDIT: This kickstarter is now Live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/zombicide-invader

"Humans came to PK-L7 in search of high powered fuel. They found it with Xenium, a dark, oily compound deep below the planet’s surface. But they found something else too. The Xenos attack was brutal and unrelenting, and they’re still coming. On April 10 at 3pm EST, Zombicide: Invader is coming to Kickstarter. Follow the CMON and Guillotine Games Facebook pages for regular updates on the Survivors, Xenos, Equipment, and Environments of this interstellar battle for life, and look for our interview with the Zombicide: Invader design team later this week. Grab a weapon, barricade the doors, and prepare to be invaded."

Zombicide:Invader is a cooperative game where 1 to 6 players face Xenos, an unfathomable swarm of infected Xenos controlled by the game itself. Each player takes on the role of 1 to 6 Survivors in a sci-fi setting being overwhelmed by these Xenos. The goal is simple: choose a Mission, complete its objectives, kill as many Xenos as possible, and (most importantly) survive!

Survivors will fight Xenos, rescue each other, recover vital data, unveil dark secrets, and much more! Survivors can be Civilians or Soldiers, each with specialized Skills. They all play together as a team, trading Equipment, and covering each other. They use whatever weapons they can get to kill Xenos and slow the invasion. The better the weapon, the higher the body count, but the more Xenos will appear, attracted by the onslaught! Survivors must also be mindful of their location as conventional weapons work fine indoors, but the planet’s oxygen-starved surface, they’ll need to arm themselves with more specialized weaponry… Lasers, anyone?

Most of the time, Xenos are predictable, but there are a lot of them and they use nasty tactics not encountered in previous Zombicidegames. Only through cooperation can players achieve the Mission objectives and win."
      -
      I haven't backed a CMoN kickstarter in a awhile, but I think this one might tempt me depending on what the minis and gameplay are like.

• By Nethear
      One batch of Acolytes from The Others - 7 Sins boardgame.

Not used to painting tiny minis, some blemishes (shakey hands). 

White is hard to paint (achieving contrast). 

• By Nethear
      Finally finished Blood Rage monsters. Took me a while to get to them all, Frost Giant was a rush job, forgot paint mixing ratios after base coating.

• By ThirstyBob
      Commissioned: Oni of Hate, from Rising Sun.

Could have made the flames a little more contrasty for sure. More lighter yellows and whites. It was taking too long though, needed to wrap it up. Any c&c appreciated.
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)