Crowley's Narthrax aka Iymrith The Ancient

Crowley

In the Storm King's Thunder campaign I'm playing in we've had 2 encounters with an ancient blue dragon named Iymrith. I don't have a painted blue dragon... And my very pregnant DM isn't going to get one bought and painted before we need her, so...

Digging through my minis, I figured Narthrax was as close as I've got. It was going to be blue anyway (or dessert sands brown) so that was my top choice. I also thought about the wizkids dragons, but the FLGS only had the green, and I wasn't all that impressed with the sculpt. I'd rather drop $30 on another Narthrax if I'm gonna paint a brown one in the future.

Tonight I pulled her out, scrubbed her down, and started working on her base.IMG_20181115_210608.thumb.jpg.fb95bb6d3b43208879e73313c724b71a.jpg

She could probably for on a smaller base, but with her wingspan, and the fact that she's an ancient dragon, I figure she deserves it.

IMG_20181115_210621.thumb.jpg.d8720482f2ea717fc2300be8e5715597.jpgIMG_20181115_210630.thumb.jpg.c6711c0554841e41b982484b8a6add54.jpg

and the cork will give her some extra height. 

It helps her look even bigger as compared to Blightfang!

IMG_20181115_213128__01.thumb.jpg.df7d811a13491fe9083b31341485739d.jpgIMG_20181115_213148__01.thumb.jpg.0dbd32a3b689566a786eb72f16933842.jpg

More to come!

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 16

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it makes Blightfang look outright tiny!

Out of sheer curiosity, what size base did you wind up going with?  I'll eventually have to figure out a base size for hubby's Narthrax since I'm the one who does all the assembly and fiddly stuff in the house (he dun like all that initial stuff, but loves painting)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wow, it makes Blightfang look outright tiny!

Out of sheer curiosity, what size base did you wind up going with?  I'll eventually have to figure out a base size for hubby's Narthrax since I'm the one who does all the assembly and fiddly stuff in the house (he dun like all that initial stuff, but loves painting)

Blightfang is on a 4" base, while Narthrax is on a 5" base. Both will fit on a size smaller, but they look better (in my opinion) on the bigger bases.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.